Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat Name
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Wifey is up north being grandma, so I just turned the damn furnace off. Gas this January is billing at $3.45/therm. It was billing at 65 cents just two months ago.

EDFB86E9-AE66-416D-BF41-20B994B9F0D4.jpeg

Upvote 0
Apr 10, 2019
Torrance, CA
Name
Chris
Boat Name
La Reina
My gas bill for Jan. 2022: $228.00
My gas bill for Jan. 2023: $606.00. Yes, I used a little more gas in 2023, But who gets away with triple digit price inflation?
They expect us to take It with nothing more than a whimper. I call that poor leadership from the top.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
My gas bill for Jan. 2023: $606.00. Yes, I used a little more gas in 2023, But who gets away with triple digit price inflation?
They expect us to take It with nothing more than a whimper. I call that poor leadership from the top.
Poor leadership would indicate ignorance of what is happening and this is quite the opposite,the powers that be know exactly what they are doing.

Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. I just got my January So Cal Gas bill for $45 in one unit and $65 in the other duplex unit. That is already more than double of my previous monthly bill. My electricity bill is a whole different story. LADWP is making a killing on us.

Upvote 0

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
Poor leadership would indicate ignorance of what is happening and this is quite the opposite,the powers that be know exactly what they are doing.

What is also happening is Europe needs gas and is willing to pay a much higher price. I heard some families got bills in excess of $1500 a month in Europe after the Russians shut off their gas supplies. Some of the gas was liquified and shipped to Europe so that cut our excess capacity. On top of that, a very cold spell throughout the United States drove up demand even higher in recent months.

Gas is usually a byproduct of oil drilling. Without additional drilling for oil, there is only a limited supply for the country. They used to pump excess gas during the low usage times like summer into underground caves. The biggest storage area was in the Aliso Canyon underground facility, but that has been closed after leaks were discovered in Porter Ranch around 2015. That closure is one of the main reason why we will suffer more price fluctuations in the future.

Unless we increase oil drilling, there are limited options that politicians can do to improve the situation. The biggest loss was the Aliso Canyon storage facility.

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat Name
arima - the SLIDER
$158.00 this month. 3x more than I have ever seen in previous years. Knowing the rates were going up, my thermostat is set at 63 degrees. Electric blanket and quarts heater in the areas I reside, not a problem, yet.

My beer bill is FAR greater!

"psuh"

Upvote 0

Let em eat 74

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 12, 2016
N
Name
K
They are not building any more power plants. New homes and permitted remodels are using a lot less electricity then they were lighting on an average home can now be done with one 15 or 20 amp breaker 100 LED recessed lights is only about 1000 watts factor in solar which is now required on new construction it might be working I dont know but the idea is to use what we have and reduce the power consumption i suppose with the push for all electric homes and cars it might implode. I think when the whole title 24 thing was written they didn't account for all electric homes.
Not even close. I have built over 700 homes in CA your assumption sounds like what they are trying to sell from Sacramento, but it is MILES from reality.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat Name
One that floats
Not even close. I have built over 700 homes in CA your assumption sounds like what they are trying to sell from Sacramento, but it is MILES from reality.
Yep if you’re in A fire danger area, and they cut your power, you will need a gas powered car to get out of there, to save your ass.

Upvote 0

samotlietuvis

Feb 2, 2019
Palmdale, CA
Name
Tomas
Boat Name
Sea Hunt Victory 207
went $180 Jan 22 to $470 Jan 23, triple. Same usage. At least I got one week SocalGas heads up notice the price is going up :). Wish I had heat pump… cannot wait for March.

Upvote 0

Capt Richie

Atlantic Custom Tackle
Aug 10, 2008
nassau NY
Name
Richie
Boat Name
32 albe
went $180 Jan 22 to $470 Jan 23, triple. Same usage. At least I got one week SocalGas heads up notice the price is going up :). Wish I had heat pump… cannot wait for March.
My last bill Dec to Jan 245.00 but has been a mild winter with only a few really cold days I have gas steam heat house is very warm with heat at 63 degrees at 64 its hot in the house

Upvote 0

Eye Problem

If 1st you dont succeed, failure may be your style
Mar 26, 2003
Lake Forest
bdoutdoors.com
Name
Greg
Boat Name
AHOAGAIN
Turned down the thermostat, then traded 2 madmacs for a thermal blanket, and 2 cases of extra hot chili for the wife. Threw in one of Eds jigs and got the rubber suit. hope it works.
zKkzx_WMGH48UfUXX099-o_AOUIhMeGAX2wdhndO8YI.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0