May 21, 2008
Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
23' Neptune CC "Non-Stop"
Launched out of SI...
Grabbed some really good bait...
Headed to the Nados...Did get the FMM's ...was very easy ...took me about 20 minutes for all docs. Seas were good , a little Fog at the 9 mile but lifted around 10.
My buddy Reel Crazy beat us there and had 2 - 20 plus lbs. in the box already. Fished Pukey for nothing but the wrong kind. Moved to the MG and got picked up on the first drop with Dines on the Spider Hitch but didn't stick.. Moved to the middle of SI, fished Jigs and Bait for Nada. Switched to my lighter set up (20lb Fluoro) and get nailed instantly. Not a Monster but Nice Grade.
IMG_0175.JPG

Continued fishing...Everyone on Lighter line and the YT started hitting the deck. For us it was the ticket. My buddy JC picked another Nice grade at the channel near White Rock on the Troll.
IMG_0178.JPG

Ended the day with 7 total..In the meantime Reel Crazy get's his limits and heads offshore to look around. Congrats to him....Limits on back to back trips....Great Ride home ...30 plus all the way without spilling the drinks. Did not even see the Navy all day. Get out there and get some...Was great to get the YT skunk off my boat this early in the season...Should be a great year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

D-spot

Fishing....... Where You're Not.......
May 21, 2008
Diego
Name
Ray
Boat
congrats on a great day thanks for letting all know how easy it is to get the right docs.
It's funny...I held out on the Nado's because of the Doc's required only to find out it is no big deal. I'd almost rather do it this way than walking in to get a FMM from the landings when they are packed and parking for my boat is limited.

Upvote 0

caballo del mar

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 4, 2004
San Diego,CA
Name
Doug
Boat
32' Amato cabin
I waited too on the FMM. I was out there as well. Didn't start fishing for yellows until around 11:00. Pulled into South Island and found smaller yellows on a good bite and ended up with 13. We lost a bunch too because where we were was shallow and some of the yellows found the bottom. Congrats on some better yellows.

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Right on Ray!

Upvote 0

D-spot

May 21, 2008
    Diego
    Name
    Ray
    Boat
    Right on Ray!
    Waassuupp Carl....It was great to get back out there. The boat was down and out since October when I threw a rod in the motor.,, Just got it back in the water 2 weeks ago with the new motor...It's dialed in and ready...Let's Fish......

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
  • Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Waassuupp Carl....It was great to get back out there. The boat was down and out since October when I threw a rod in the motor.,, Just got it back in the water 2 weeks ago with the new motor...It's dialed in and ready...Let's Fish......
    Glad you're back otw bro.
    I really enjoy fishing with you. I'll fish with you anytime you want to go except on 4-18 when me and Simon will be stomping the competition :slap: in the OAC Hali tourney.

I sent you a pm

Upvote 0

zeegzagz

Captain Zagz
    Oct 3, 2006
    Sherman Heights, San Diego, Ca.
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    21' Trophy C.C. "ZeegZagZ"
    Way to Slay 'em D-Spot ! Was wondering where you got all the Docs required? And what the requirements are now. Besides individual Mexican License, Is it Just the Individual FMM that's needed? Thanks, Cheers !!

Upvote 0

Nick

215cc Triumph
    Aug 4, 2004
    san diego
    www.sandiegoanglers.com
    Name
    Nick
    Boat
    bad habit
    Hey Ray,
    Glad to see the boat back in operating condition! Nice job on the Yellows!
    Nick

Upvote 0

D-spot

May 21, 2008
    Diego
    Name
    Ray
    Boat
    Way to Slay 'em D-Spot ! Was wondering where you got all the Docs required? And what the requirements are now. Besides individual Mexican License, Is it Just the Individual FMM that's needed? Thanks, Cheers !!
    Take a look at the forum "Monday Rockpile and Mexican Navy." There is a post on page 3 by Bahama Breeze that will answer everything you are wondering. He was straight to the point ...No BS. Everything I did was mentioned in his post. He was spot on.. The link is below...

Go Get Some...Good Luck

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/monday-rockpile-and-mexican-navy.579705/page-3

Reactions: Blackfish
    Upvote 0

D-spot

May 21, 2008
    Diego
    Name
    Ray
    Boat
    Hey Ray,
    Glad to see the boat back in operating condition! Nice job on the Yellows!
    Nick
    Thanks Nick...You get some yet.?

Upvote 0