Captain 100 Ton MNC
Aug 28, 2007
San Diego
www.sauerfishcharters.com
Name
Eric Sauerwein
Boat
42' Uniflite "SauerFish" 6 Pack
Ran a 3/4 day charter to the Coronado Islands on Wednesday. Started out at the ribbon kelp in 65.8 degree clean streaky blue/green water. Bird schools were everywhere eating red crabs, started catching bonita and barracuda and then landed this keeper hali. Trolled rapalas over to the middle grounds when we got a knock down by a yellowtail, and landed a couple more YT on bait. Caught limits of lingcod and sculpin there. Headed over to pukey which had the cleanest water we saw, and landed a few more YT on the yoyo and lost a nice one to a dog. A great day of fishing with some happy customers!:Zombie_Ro
IMG_1739.JPG

IMG_1759.JPG

Upvote 0

AhSpray

Assistant Gaffer
Apr 25, 2003
Escondido
Name
Rob
Boat
AAA+++ Ho
Solid report. Getting the hali and those yellows must have put smiles on your clients faces.
Good work - and that's a sweet, fish-killing machine you're running! Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Good job on the variety Eric!

Upvote 0

Posted Up

A "reel" Bill Collector
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado and So Cal
Name
Ryan Boettcher
Boat
44' Post Sportfish
Good job Cap. I was there with my wife and a buddy yesterday and we didn't specialize in the size our quantity you did. We got one 18-21 lb. yellow 5 more 6-10 lb fish. The surprise of the day is we found a lobster marker holding Calico. Got 2 of them. Wish I had your fish, but I guess that's why you're the pro. Tight lines.

Upvote 0

SauerFish Charters

Captain 100 Ton MNC
Aug 28, 2007
San Diego
www.sauerfishcharters.com
Name
Eric Sauerwein
Boat
42' Uniflite "SauerFish" 6 Pack
You made the front page!

Awesome!

Good job Cap. I was there with my wife and a buddy yesterday and we didn't specialize in the size our quantity you did. We got one 18-21 lb. yellow 5 more 6-10 lb fish. The surprise of the day is we found a lobster marker holding Calico. Got 2 of them. Wish I had your fish, but I guess that's why you're the pro. Tight lines.

Still sounds like you had a great day Ryan! The Coronado's is not an easy place to fish.... It takes time and a lot of trips to figure em out

Upvote 0