ivane068

Professional hide and seek player..
May 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Ivan Esquivel
Boat
Parker 2520 Fin Reaper
Got a late start got on the water around 10. No bait at the receiver other than anchovies so I said screw it and headed south.

Started at north island trolling the dodo rapala and the silver mack. Got within 200 yards of it and bam first yellow of the season is on deck. Kept going and about 15 minutes later second hook up but it comes unbuttoned after a few secs. Picked up two big calicos on the dodo (Released). Had a couple boils come up near me, launched the surface iron but they did not want it.

20 mins later third strike on the silver mack and I'm thinking I got another one. I see deep color and then a big ass dark spot coming up under it, I knew it was a lost cause, the seals out there are relentless.

Decided to call it a day and got hit by another seal as I reeled in the silver mack he put a huge gash on the rapala (I hope it chipped a tooth or chocked on the piece of plastic!).

The fish are there but there spread out, most boats around me put on fish with the rapalas or green macks. Decent grade fish from 20lbs +.

Wind wasn't to bad seas were a little bumpy but I was still able to do 25 knots back in.
20140607_161642.jpg

Reactions: peteking
Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
Mar 4, 2005
Clairemont
Name
AGGRO
Boat
skiff
Good work, we trolled middle for quite a while for nada.

Upvote 0

Juny

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor
Nice!

Upvote 0