Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
Tough day on the pond for us. Started at the Rockpile where there were a few yellows around but the majority of fish we saw were bones and barries. Didn’t see a yellow boated by anyone but heard there was at least one radio fish. Worked south to start because we saw bird schools down the beach in the binos. We made it as far as Descanso where it was all straight bones. We then worked the Rapalas up the ridge outside the RP up to South Kelp where a sportie or two were working. We slid in and it was straight bones so we bumped it outside again and worked north. The fleet started south but was up around Middle Grounds by noon and Pukey Pt. We did a couple of drifts off Pukey for nothing but we did see a couple of yellows caught. We then worked back down to MG and south for straight bones. Everyone we talked to had a similar day. We fished the dines from EB and threw iron at each stop. We worked the islands hard every way we knew how and just couldn’t find the fish.

Water was green inside and at the RP was a clean green. It was a nice blue at Pukey and MG in the afternoon. Seiners were out in force. No navy.

Weather picked up in the afternoon. Morning was calm.

Off day out there. Paid our dues. It’s still only April. Hope this helps whoever is going tomorrow.

Larmo

SouthBayKiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 27, 2003
Long Beach, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
none
Tough day on the pond for us. Started at the Rockpile where there were a few yellows around but the majority of fish we saw were bones and barries. Didn’t see a yellow boated by anyone but heard there was at least one radio fish. Worked south to start because we saw bird schools down the beach in the binos. We made it as far as Descanso where it was all straight bones. We then worked the Rapalas up the ridge outside the RP up to South Kelp where a sportie or two were working. We slid in and it was straight bones so we bumped it outside again and worked north. The fleet started south but was up around Middle Grounds by noon and Pukey Pt. We did a couple of drifts off Pukey for nothing but we did see a couple of yellows caught. We then worked back down to MG and south for straight bones. Everyone we talked to had a similar day. We fished the dines from EB and threw iron at each stop. We worked the islands hard every way we knew how and just couldn’t find the fish.

Water was green inside and at the RP was a clean green. It was a nice blue at Pukey and MG in the afternoon. Seiners were out in force. No navy.

Weather picked up in the afternoon. Morning was calm.

Off day out there. Paid our dues. It’s still only April. Hope this helps whoever is going tomorrow.

Larmo
I was going to post a report but looks like it would have just been an echo of yours. We didn’t see a yellow caught by anyone. The birds below the rock pile got us super excited too, but nothing came from them except bones. The lack of counts by all the sport boats from yesterday tells the story well too.

Johnlgarrison

The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
Same story for Sticky Business. We ended up with half ad
I was going to post a report but looks like it would have just been an echo of yours. We didn’t see a yellow caught by anyone. The birds below the rock pile got us super excited too, but nothing came from them except bones. The lack of counts by all the sport boats from yesterday tells the story well too.
dozen BIG Bonita and a wet ride home. Loved the pilot house on the ride home

Reactions: Larmo

Johnlgarrison

The ultimate goal is memories not dreams.
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
Same story for Sticky Business. We ended up with half ad
dozen BIG Bonita and a wet ride home. Loved the pilot house on the ride home

D16B1C37-5CB4-4FC9-8E1F-5EC16106E0FC.jpeg

Reactions: Larmo

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
My guess is, the schools moved north. The four islands accessible from Long Beach all had school sized fish yesterday.
That’s what I was saying yesterday. We need a new batch of fish to push up.

This didn’t seem like the typical spring yellow push on bird schools. It was deep, yo-yo fish. Still early.

Bird school fishing for yellows on surface iron is my favorite season. We’ll be back. ;)

Eatmorfish

Livin' on borrowed time
Sep 16, 2015
Upland, CA
Name
John
Boat
2018 234 Mako CC
Shoulda been here yesterday. Story of fishing.