Offshore N 9 to 182 to 302 - Seemed empty

PENN

stemcell

Jul 3, 2014
Name
Ryan S
Boat
Grady White Seafarer 228
Headed out around 6am. Stopped at a paddy at the N9 for micro-yellows, continued west till 3 miles west of the 182. We trolled for 5 miles and caught a few more small yellows. Headed south to the kidney bank and trolled again for nothing. Tried drifting and free lines some dines... nothing. Headed back NE and no paddies for 20 miles.

Saw what looked like a large pod of pilot whales moving super slow, never seen that before. Lots of porpiose around the 9. No life as we went further out. Temp varied from 71.4 at 182 to 72 at 302 and up to 72.5 on N 9.

2nd trip this month for nada...

Upvote 0

fishkev

Jul 31, 2012
woodcrest ca
Name
kevin
Boat
chriscraft cuddy 211 / 22 fiberform cabin
Headed out around 6am. Stopped at a paddy at the N9 for micro-yellows, continued west till 3 miles west of the 182. We trolled for 5 miles and caught a few more small yellows. Headed south to the kidney bank and trolled again for nothing. Tried drifting and free lines some dines... nothing. Headed back NE and no paddies for 20 miles.

Saw what looked like a large pod of pilot whales moving super slow, never seen that before. Lots of porpiose around the 9. No life as we went further out. Temp varied from 71.4 at 182 to 72 at 302 and up to 72.5 on N 9.

2nd trip this month for nada...
Same result for us on 10/18 hit those same spots for nada.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
I appreciate these reports,thanks.

Reactions: leadslinger
Upvote 0

FishCommander

Almost A Member
Sep 28, 2008
san diego/california/us
Name
Conor
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 23'
We fished about 15 miles off of la jolla/del mar inside the 182 and slayed the dorado. Did you find big paddys? They were out there. We picked 1 off the first paddy and then had found another that served us to limits. I disagree with having to go south

Reactions: PCH and @-EZ
Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Kidding me ? I want it to last forever . Im planning my next skunk trip ! You guys might want to do a little fish counting and decide for yourselves if it's just denial your in . Sure , there's a few fish here and there . Like I said . Going to have to work for it .

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
It's like the end of the ski season!!! The resorts close most years just due to lack of interest not snow!!! You need to remember this most likely the best year in modern times. There are fish everywhere!!!! Just be patient. Work a system but work. Lots of days it takes hours to find right area!!! But the Dodos are ridiculously thick on the right paddy!!! Tight lines!!!!

Upvote 0