My wife the fisherwoman

Discussion in 'Fishin' Chicks' started by Paparockcal, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Paparockcal

Paparockcal Old Dude

Name:
    Rocky Latham
    Boat:
    N/A Now But I had a 21ft Gulf Coast when I lived on the mainland near Galveston, Texas
    I wish my wife would fish with me more often. Unfortunately she does not a lot of good luck most of the time. While I am catching fish while fishing saltwater in the Gulf of mexico; she has caught Crabs, a wicked looking eel, bait fish (i don't understand how they even swallowed the hook), and undersized fish. She loves to garage sale so one day she proudly brought me a "landing net" she bought me. This thing would hardly catch a bait fish I tried to explain to her at the time; trying not to hurt her feelings. She protested that the man that sold it to her said it would "expand". The next week was "the Bull Run" when the offshore members of the Red and Black Drum family come inshore to breed in the bay of Galveston, Texas. I talked her into going fishing with and it was on that trip the only thing she caught was that eel I mentioned earlier though I was baiting her with the exact same bait I was using. I cut the line as I wanted NO part of that thing; too many big teeth. I hooked my biggest Black Drum I ever caught while living there. I estimated it at about 40lbs. As I was fighting the fish my wife let out a blood curdling scream that unnerved me for a few seconds as I frantically looked around in all directions thing one of the local shrimp boats was about to run over us. they were notorious for tying of their wheels in their wheel house (illegal, but not uncommon). They my exclaimed; did you see the size of that fish!!! I calmly explained to her. Now you understand why that "landing net you so proudly bought me won't work. She grinned and said DUH! I guess the sight of that fish said it all, he, he.o_O

jaw1970 likes this.
  2. Paparockcal

Paparockcal Old Dude

Name:
    Rocky Latham
    Boat:
    N/A Now But I had a 21ft Gulf Coast when I lived on the mainland near Galveston, Texas
    Now my wife Carole and I were able to go on a fishing trip to Cabo once. You guessed it she smoked my rear! She caught 5; yes I said FIVE Roosterfish! She tried to pass the rod of to me at first but I encouraged her and with just a little coaching she did wonderfully and really started having FUN.

It made her trip also when we were on the airplane home and she was talking with the lady next to her about catching her five Roosterfish. The man behind her shouted out; what? I have been down to Cabo three times trying to catch a Rooster and you caught five on your first trip! She was grinning ear to ear and I could not have been happier for her!:D

3. Rodless_Jim

Rodless_Jim I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    Strictly a Rider
  4. watersdeep

watersdeep Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jed Venture
    Boat:
    the twisted ducker
    Dude thats great, are you going to post pix of your old lady or what?!

Been waiting since december.

One_Leg and cow man like this.
  5. Jones-White

Jones-White Member

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    Handmade 22' V hull Dory. (Jeff Spira Design)
    LOLLOLLOL

cow man likes this.
  6. cow man

cow man Tuna addict

Name:
    Jake Waardenburg
    Boat:
    N/A
    Yeah!!