My weekend Mid-Channel report

yelloweye

May 21, 2009
Elma
Name
Steve
Boat
24' Skagit Orca
Fished Mid-Channel on Saturday and Sunday. Being a little cranky of late, I decided to go by myself. Jigged for a couple of hours on Saturday without a bite and wasn't seeing any bait. Ran to the north end of the bar and started trolling south. Banged a nice 10# right on the deck in about 90' of water on a homemade coho killer. Ran back to the top and started south again. Caught a 12# in darned near the same spot. 8:00 a.m. and time to go. :hali_olutta:

Sunday was a bit tougher. Couldn't buy a bite. Finally found another 12# jigging around 1 and called it a day. 3 fish to the boat and all missing the correct fin. Overall a great weekend with about 600 of my best buddies. I didn't take pics, so take it or leave it.

blackmouther

10%er during Salmon Season
Jun 29, 2009
Mount Vernon Washington
Name
Fowlmotuher
Boat
Shopping
You don't suck at fishing, you suck at writing a report sounds like you had an ok day to me.

Ronzo

May 29, 2008
Cambutal, Panama
Name
Ron
Boat
Mako CC
Why would they be in a net in the first place? You can't tell it's a native before you get the net out?

Read the fucking regulations and try to abide. It is unlawful to bring a wild salmon aboard if it's not legal to retain.

A lot of us spend time, effort and money on salmon enhancement just so people like you can continue to fish. Don't go posting your ignorance (or were you just flaunting the rules) on the fucking internet!

r

fishing fanatic

Well-Known "Member"
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
thanks ron for pointing that out. and as has been noted before on this site the ignorance of these folks is unreal. maybe looking up the survival rates of fish netted and/or removed from the water and "in great shape" is well, not so good. thanks to those of you that love fishing and love the idea of fisheries for years to come... to the others quit your crying when the seasons keep gettin shorter and rules tighter because you are the reason why you "boneheads"

fishnazzi

Mostly just LURKING anymore...........
Feb 24, 2008
Out West....somewhere
Name
Troy
Boat
Which one.............
HEY TED nobody killed a nat you bone head they got there pic taken set free in good hape not drowned in net at the side of the boat :finger:
Kyle you had pictures of the fish inside the rails on the backdeck............that is against the law. You may have thrown them back, but the law was broken when those fish came inside the rail. Guys are going to get very crabby here for endangering their right to fish salmon.

Since the penalty you could face is $10,000.00 and the lose of your boat really......I think before you go after guys and calling them "bone heads" you might read the regs. and realize the only bone head is you. Ignorance will get you a speech from a judge followed by a horrible aftermath. FYI WDFG trolls these boards regular looking for just that kinda crap. No one here can not calling you on breaking a law that is a huge part of being allowed to even fish.:finger:

Last edited:

fishnazzi

Feb 24, 2008
Out West....somewhere
Name
Troy
Boat
Which one.............
updated above.

Jermz

Slay'in and fillet'in
Jan 5, 2010
Evrott
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Your Mom
What's up with that homemade Coho Killer? Did you make your own out of brass or did do a custom paint job?

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Hello, I'm Ted the bone head. That's right I'm the bone head that noticed the pictures posted of illegally handled native chinook salmon. Then why if I'm the bone head did the law breaker remove the pictures that would have possibly landed him a substantial fine $$$$$$$. Cause I'm the bone head. The statement about a fish drowning in the net seems strange, cause I think fish breath water,how about a fish out of water trying to breath air. That would be like you running a mile then stuffing your head under water while gasping for air.

Obviously I'm not the only bone head that saw the pics of the native chinook in the middle of the back deck for a photo op prior to the great fisherman removing them from his post on BD.

I would surely like to thank all those who chimed in to back me up on this one. I am an avid chinook fisherman and I thoroughly believe that this SELECTIVE fishery is ours to protect. Although obviously there are always a select few who believe rules are made to be broken and no matter what you say to them you are always wrong and they are of course always right.

For those who don't know here is the quote from page 18 of the WDFW sportfishing rules pamphlet:

Marine areas 5-13 : It is unlawful to bring a wild salmon or species of salmon aboard a vessel if it is unlawful to retain that salmon (aboard means inside the gunwhale of a vessel).

I apologize for noticing a violation of this game law..........I am the bone head !!! Just ask kyle also known as BWNDOGN. P.S. Kyle I think the game warden might get upset if you called him a bone head after you recieved your well deserved ticket.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well Said.

fishnazzi

Feb 24, 2008
Out West....somewhere
Name
Troy
Boat
Which one.............
What's up with that homemade Coho Killer? Did you make your own out of brass or did do a custom paint job?
Coho killers are made out of brass..........just remove the paint. Some of them don't get prepped real well and it comes of in the course of using them.
Hello, I'm Ted the bone head. That's right I'm the bone head that noticed the pictures posted of illegally handled native chinook salmon. Then why if I'm the bone head did the law breaker remove the pictures that would have possibly landed him a substantial fine $$$$$$$. Cause I'm the bone head. The statement about a fish drowning in the net seems strange, cause I think fish breath water,how about a fish out of water trying to breath air. That would be like you running a mile then stuffing your head under water while gasping for air.

Obviously I'm not the only bone head that saw the pics of the native chinook in the middle of the back deck for a photo op prior to the great fisherman removing them from his post on BD.

I would surely like to thank all those who chimed in to back me up on this one. I am an avid chinook fisherman and I thoroughly believe that this SELECTIVE fishery is ours to protect. Although obviously there are always a select few who believe rules are made to be broken and no matter what you say to them you are always wrong and they are of course always right.

For those who don't know here is the quote from page 18 of the WDFW sportfishing rules pamphlet:

Marine areas 5-13 : It is unlawful to bring a wild salmon or species of salmon aboard a vessel if it is unlawful to retain that salmon (aboard means inside the gunwhale of a vessel).

I apologize for noticing a violation of this game law..........I am the bone head !!! Just ask kyle also known as BWNDOGN. P.S. Kyle I think the game warden might get upset if you called him a bone head after you recieved your well deserved ticket.
Ted you type so well.......I can only speak well.........hunt and peck sucks..........

And now we have to all agree we are just:deadhorse
:deadhorse either he gets.......or he doesn't.

fishing fanatic

Well-Known "Member"
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
follow the rules and keep our rights! all of you that dont are giving the rest a bad name. learn more and speak less. the bone head comment isnt needed on this site... quite frankly its a girlish way of defending your ignorant b.s.

yelloweye

May 21, 2009
Elma
Name
Steve
Boat
24' Skagit Orca

So if you guys are done hijacking my thread and beating down Kyle, I'd like to get back to the understated fishing report.

Jermz, I'm not sure what they are made of. A guy at work likes to tinker and throws a few my way every year to "test". I know he uses multiple layers of tape to get the colors he wants, and then I think he also throws a bit of paint on them. I'll ask about the material and get back to you. Might be a while though, I have a very busy freakin week coming up.

Mid-Channel is really the only place I like using coho killers. Catch too many shakers otherwise and if other gear is working, I'll use the other.

Jermz

Slay'in and fillet'in
Jan 5, 2010
Evrott
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Your Mom
Very Cool! Always nice when the homemade lures work. I paint up my old spoon and plugs and modify some new ones.

Thanks bro

fishing fanatic

Well-Known "Member"
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
a fun comment but the reality of it is that maybe if it got on oprah there would be some sort of change... this site is showing its ignorant side hence the reason i choose not to post on the web. good luck to you though on your board and happy poaching

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
ok enough we all agree but really go out and fish and shut the fuck up. they guy made a mistake and probably has learned.:finger: