My weekend Mid-Channel report

Discussion in 'Washington Saltwater Fishing Reports' started by yelloweye, Jul 19, 2010.

1. yelloweye

yelloweye Member

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    24' Skagit Orca
    Fished Mid-Channel on Saturday and Sunday. Being a little cranky of late, I decided to go by myself. Jigged for a couple of hours on Saturday without a bite and wasn't seeing any bait. Ran to the north end of the bar and started trolling south. Banged a nice 10# right on the deck in about 90' of water on a homemade coho killer. Ran back to the top and started south again. Caught a 12# in darned near the same spot. 8:00 a.m. and time to go. :hali_olutta:

Sunday was a bit tougher. Couldn't buy a bite. Finally found another 12# jigging around 1 and called it a day. 3 fish to the boat and all missing the correct fin. Overall a great weekend with about 600 of my best buddies. I didn't take pics, so take it or leave it.

2. blackmouther

blackmouther 10%er during Salmon Season

Name:
    Fowlmotuher
    Boat:
    Shopping
    You don't suck at fishing, you suck at writing a report sounds like you had an ok day to me.

3. blackvelvet

blackvelvet old and gray

Name:
    BV
    Boat:
    One that works for me
    Nice fish.

4. BWNDOGN

BWNDOGN Newbie

Name:
    Kyle
    Boat:
    24 Alumaweld pro vee
  5. Ronzo

Ronzo Newbie

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    Mako CC
    Why would they be in a net in the first place? You can't tell it's a native before you get the net out?

Read the fucking regulations and try to abide. It is unlawful to bring a wild salmon aboard if it's not legal to retain.

A lot of us spend time, effort and money on salmon enhancement just so people like you can continue to fish. Don't go posting your ignorance (or were you just flaunting the rules) on the fucking internet!

r

6. fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    thanks ron for pointing that out. and as has been noted before on this site the ignorance of these folks is unreal. maybe looking up the survival rates of fish netted and/or removed from the water and "in great shape" is well, not so good. thanks to those of you that love fishing and love the idea of fisheries for years to come... to the others quit your crying when the seasons keep gettin shorter and rules tighter because you are the reason why you "boneheads"

7. fishnazzi

fishnazzi Mostly just LURKING anymore...........

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    Kyle you had pictures of the fish inside the rails on the backdeck............that is against the law. You may have thrown them back, but the law was broken when those fish came inside the rail. Guys are going to get very crabby here for endangering their right to fish salmon.

Since the penalty you could face is $10,000.00 and the lose of your boat really......I think before you go after guys and calling them "bone heads" you might read the regs. and realize the only bone head is you. Ignorance will get you a speech from a judge followed by a horrible aftermath. FYI WDFG trolls these boards regular looking for just that kinda crap. No one here can not calling you on breaking a law that is a huge part of being allowed to even fish.:finger:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  8. fishnazzi

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    updated above.

9. Jermz

Jermz Slay'in and fillet'in

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Your Mom
    What's up with that homemade Coho Killer? Did you make your own out of brass or did do a custom paint job?

10. blackvelvet

blackvelvet old and gray

Name:
    BV
    Boat:
    One that works for me
    Hacksaw blades make good lure material also.

11. Elkfins

Elkfins Ungrateful Prick

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    "Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well Said.

12. fishnazzi

Name:
    Troy
    Boat:
    Which one.............
    Coho killers are made out of brass..........just remove the paint. Some of them don't get prepped real well and it comes of in the course of using them.
    Ted you type so well.......I can only speak well.........hunt and peck sucks..........

And now we have to all agree we are just:deadhorse
    :deadhorse either he gets.......or he doesn't.

13. fishing fanatic

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    follow the rules and keep our rights! all of you that dont are giving the rest a bad name. learn more and speak less. the bone head comment isnt needed on this site... quite frankly its a girlish way of defending your ignorant b.s.

14. dstinger

dstinger Member

Name:
    Glenn with gas money for albie trips off La Push
    Boat:
    Kayaks, sailboards, rowboats and driftboats
    Is this going to be on Oprah? or Ifish?

15. yelloweye

yelloweye Member

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    24' Skagit Orca

So if you guys are done hijacking my thread and beating down Kyle, I'd like to get back to the understated fishing report.

Jermz, I'm not sure what they are made of. A guy at work likes to tinker and throws a few my way every year to "test". I know he uses multiple layers of tape to get the colors he wants, and then I think he also throws a bit of paint on them. I'll ask about the material and get back to you. Might be a while though, I have a very busy freakin week coming up.

Mid-Channel is really the only place I like using coho killers. Catch too many shakers otherwise and if other gear is working, I'll use the other.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Jermz

Jermz Slay'in and fillet'in

Name:
    Jeremy
    Boat:
    Your Mom
    Very Cool! Always nice when the homemade lures work. I paint up my old spoon and plugs and modify some new ones.

Thanks bro

17. fishing fanatic

Name:
    jason
    Boat:
    a fun comment but the reality of it is that maybe if it got on oprah there would be some sort of change... this site is showing its ignorant side hence the reason i choose not to post on the web. good luck to you though on your board and happy poaching

18. dragonballs

dragonballs I'm off probation

Name:
    Vance
    Boat:
    40' ocean sport fisher
    ok enough we all agree but really go out and fish and shut the fuck up. they guy made a mistake and probably has learned.:finger: