gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat Name
No Boat Now
Things are changing in the Covid19 world now.... they are squeezing the little guys out...
gonna be tough future for a while.....

Upvote 0

alantani

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat Name
grady white tournament 19, grady white journey 258
it will be ok. right now i'm just telling guys to enjoy the week off!!!!!:lux:

Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat Name
16' Starcraft SF SS
What is your website?

Upvote 0

alantani

Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat Name
alantani.com

yeah, looking at all options right now!

Upvote 0

aussiefisho

Always learning to fish smarter.
May 19, 2011
South Australia, Australia
Name
Russell Iles
Boat Name
Sold
The most disturbing thing about this is that GoDaddy does not care two hoots about Alan Tani or his Forum site. Not really surprised, it seems to be a way of life these days, but that does not mean we have to accept it. Screw you GoDaddy

Reactions: Texas Tuna
Upvote 0

jlnel

Nov 17, 2011
cape cod
Name
john
Boat Name
none
Alan, your website is an amazing resource! I look forward to it being restored soon.

I agree that banners and advertisements would be a bit annoying, but in this case of such a valuable source of information in one website I think most would accept it. I feel even even a subscription structure would be fine.

Best of luck, take care.

Upvote 0

alantani

Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat Name
ok, it's a long story, but the short version is that we have been stripped of all photos and attachments by godaddy. apparently having photos and attachments are a violation of our contract. we should be migrated over from out $5 a month to the $70 a month business server in a few more days. once that is done, we can post photos all you want. just gotta wait for a bit longer. the files that were flagged by godaddy were backed up and will be restored once we migrate to the business server.

i want to give a big shout out to shibly, screen name gobi king. he's put in countless hours to get us back in compliance. oh, and once the smoke clears, we will be looking at a different hosting service and tell godaddy thank you and goodbye. no need to bash godaddy here. they are forcing people off of the old linux hosting and we would not fit on their new shared server. on the upside, we got 12 years of hosting for $5 a month. that's dirt cheap. i enjoyed a few days off!!!! thanks! alan

Upvote 0

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat Name
LazyAngler
Good to hear the good news you will be back Alan! That site is what sold me on my 1st Mak. We follow you wherever you are..Reel Guru👍🎣

Upvote 0

dalurker

old skool rules
Dec 23, 2004
Cyber Sea
Name
#%^&) !!!
Boat Name
my blood vessel
you're a class act Alan!
you know the boys of BD would fry GoDaddy if they could! Bastids that they be!
not your fault they didn't cover the bases of having a site Boom like you did!

...but as you say, "12 years of hosting for $5 a month. that's dirt cheap" is true...

no shimpai ne!

Upvote 0
Alan,

Your website is a valuable resource to the fishing community at large, looking forward to you getting the site back up and running.

Ads are not so bad...maybe only allow ads from the forums content supporting members?

Looking forwarding to fishing with you again in the future, it has been too long.

-Scott

Upvote 0

calbrewguy

Jul 12, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Randy
Boat Name
None
as most all of you know, we have a website for fishing reel repair. it's grown so large that it has started to adversely affect other sites on godaddy's shared server. or at least that is what they claim. i was supposed to have 10 years of unlimited band width and 150 gigs of storage. i am only at 87 gigs now. bottom line, we are shut down and godaddy will not budge. we are going to try to get this fixed. i could take as long as a week. they are forcing me too migrate the website to a business account that will cost 10 times more. i don't care about the cost. i am more disappointed with godaddy. we will be back, but it may take a week.
That sucks. See what happens when the Dems get elected? :D

Upvote 0

Hard Chargin'

Fischjäger
Aug 11, 2019
PNW
Name
Andre
Boat Name
Stabicraft 459 Fish'r
+1 for AWS. I happen to have good insider info there and can tell you their tech support is phenomenal for business accounts.

Upvote 0