alantani

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat Name
grady white tournament 19, grady white journey 258
as most all of you know, we have a website for fishing reel repair. it's grown so large that it has started to adversely affect other sites on godaddy's shared server. or at least that is what they claim. i was supposed to have 10 years of unlimited band width and 150 gigs of storage. i am only at 87 gigs now. bottom line, we are shut down and godaddy will not budge. we are going to try to get this fixed. i could take as long as a week. they are forcing me too migrate the website to a business account that will cost 10 times more. i don't care about the cost. i am more disappointed with godaddy. we will be back, but it may take a week.

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 9, 2016
Name
Bill
Boat Name
sunk it
Hope you're back up soon Alan, don't know what I'll do without benni3's daily fish report. Holler if I can help.

alantani

Jul 24, 2005
Saratoga, CA
Name
alan tani
Boat Name
grady white tournament 19, grady white journey 258
i made a commitment to never have ads, banners or sponsors. not meant as a slight to those that do. i am fortunate in that i do not need to. so, yeah, no ads ever. i traded my 5 remaining years of shared hosting with godaddy for 6 months of business hosting. in that period of time, we will find another server and move the site again. mainly we need to get the site back up as soon as possible.

Upvote 0

TOTW

Time On The Water
Dec 23, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris L
Boat Name
Leo's
Alan—I really appreciate the time and effort you put into sharing your reel repair skills as well as providing a forum for others to chime in. Whether it’s here or on your own site, you’ve gotten me out of more than one reassembly bind, and my overall reel maintenance skills are far better because of you. Thank you! And I hope you can get things going again soon!

Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat Name
Limited load cattle car
Signs of the times, I guess Alan. I know I'm not the only one who thinks your website has been invaluable over the years. I'm sure it will come back bigger and stronger. (if that's possible!) Much success to you on the new server in 2021...

Reactions: cozenone
Upvote 0
May 8, 2020
Point Loma
Name
Troy
Boat Name
Fun Ones
I knew that was coming.Some people can't help themselves.I like that site.
i gotta say that I've learned pretty much everything i know about how a reel should perform based on a different factors from that site. cleaning, fabricating, and designing, it truly is the most education site out there for reels. this forum has some great info as well, i'm pretty sure one of the firsts things i read on this sight was a post that had you explaining jigmaster sizes or something like that.

Upvote 0

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
SoCal
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat Name
passenger again
The best site and great members there. Learned how to fix my Penns, Newells, avets and just over all knowledge is over the top.. Hope you get back on and better service. Thank you Alan for all that you do.

Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
May 26, 2006
San Diego
Name
Len
Boat Name
Camo Whammo
Alan, bummer to hear. Your site's contents were a treasure trove of information. Also loved reading about new products and projects. Definitely lots of good influence that helped sparked some of my own builds. Hope it returns sooner than later.

Upvote 0

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 18, 2005
So Cal
Name
mark
Boat Name
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Godaddy did the same on the 1st of the year to my wifes bussiness website,it wasnt 10 times the cost but it felt like blackmail for sure.

Reactions: Chucker o’ Jigs
Upvote 0

reelbadlarry

Jun 25, 2005
socal
Name
Larry
Boat Name
23ft parker, reel bad
Wow, Just know that where ever you end up we will Follow...thank you for all the time you put into making us better. Good Luck.... ps I will never look at Danica the same after this...

Upvote 0

Phil

Sep 5, 2006
Mississippi
Name
Phil
Boat Name
n/a
Thanks, Alan. Pretty lousy approach by GoDaddy - did they give you very much notice this was to happen? Love the website and all your regulars. Excellent information and support to most any reel question.

Upvote 0