Saltwater My son’s first tuna (well, sort of...)

Pau Hana

Fish murderer
Mar 31, 2003
In the beautiful Pacific NW- Seattle, WA
Name
Pete
Boat
Pau Hana
Had a great day with my boys aboard the Reel Electric with Chris Dearth at the helm. My son Jordon is no longer a tuna virgin....

That said, the long fun he caught was really closer to a small/mid fin tuna...

Got on the boat and headed out early- a bumpy but good run averaging around 26 knots headed west. Jordon spots a jumper and it’s game on...not.

A long day of trolling produced a total of 2 albums, a mola and thresher sighting, and Lots and lots of smoke. Weird seeing smoke 50+ miles offshore...

All said, it WAS a great day on the water- 2 passengers were deflowered of their virginity, cigars were enjoyed by all, and well, this:

A5C3C8CB-23C0-4A79-9000-ECEDB9346EBE.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ling Pirates

Team Punisher
Aug 9, 2017
Onalaska
Name
Jim
Boat
Hewescraft 220 Sea Runner ET
Had a great day with my boys aboard the Reel Electric with Chris Dearth at the helm. My son Jordon is no longer a tuna virgin....

That said, the long fun he caught was really closer to a small/mid fin tuna...

Got on the boat and headed out early- a bumpy but good run averaging around 26 knots headed west. Jordon spots a jumper and it’s game on...not.

A long day of trolling produced a total of 2 albums, a mola and thresher sighting, and Lots and lots of smoke. Weird seeing smoke 50+ miles offshore...

All said, it WAS a great day on the water- 2 passengers were deflowered of their virginity, cigars were enjoyed by all, and well, this:

View attachment 1198440

Upvote 0

gabe0308

Jul 25, 2008
B'ham WA
Name
Gabe
Boat
SAANAUK' (SEASPORT 24XL), Tlingit Princess (20' Wooldridge Sport Offshore)
We fished yesterday on one of the ARSC boats with Ian as our captain. We were able to manage 10 fish which sounds horrible until we heard what other boats were getting. Was very slow going. Could never really get a good bait stop going.

Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 12, 2008
Alger, WA
Name
jason
Boat
28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
We fished Thursday and half of today and managed 3. It was horrible for halibut as well. Ocean seemed off

Upvote 0

bertman

Almost A Member
Aug 25, 2010
Centralia/WA/US
Name
bert grylls
Boat
23' NR Seahawk
We went today and it sucked, I can say -first time out past 65 miles and it was a blank, stupid. Water did get a little bumpy 50+ miles out, but turned to glass on run in.

Upvote 0

sgwill122

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
First fish is always the hardest, easy sledding from here. Love the picture, thanks for posting.

We were out today as well. We ended up 75 miles west. We could not buy a bite till 3:30 when the fish finally decided to play. We tried everything from clones, xraps and cedar plugs to swapping out to swim baits on slow trolls. Finally at 3:30 @bdrlgion declared we needed to give up on the troll and throw bait and see what we could manage. This broke our drought with two bait fish and after that we got some fairly consistent troll action on clones. We ended up having to call it with 11 fish at 5:30 to try and beat dark which we failed. We had tons of bait we dumped on our troll fish stops but could never manage more than a single. We did not manage a iron fish which was surprising since it had been a top producer the last two trips. Many times we were marking fish but could never get them going.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Did he eat the heart?

That’s like an albacore, only smaller. It’s adorable. Hahahaha