Craig PW

Always Learning
Jul 16, 2017
San Diego
Name
Craig
Boat
2017 Parker 2320
Hey all. Moved to SD about a year ago and recently purchased a “used” 2017 Parker 2320. Found the boat in North Carolina on Boat Trader. Had 10 hours on the engine and had some decent equipment like anchor windlass, rocket launchers, 9” Garmin Electronics, and was for sale for a pretty good deal. The previous owner’s “circumstances changed” and needed to sell the boat. I was a little leery from the past hurricane season on the east coast, but got a survey and sea trial on it and all checked out so I pulled the trigger.

After buying the boat and waiting for it to get towed to the west coast (I used uship), I nerded out on the internet to learn even more about the boat and what others have done. Read great posts by Fishingguy, vipertom1970, flyhigh123, and others on BD, so thank y’all for your posts. I thought I’d do similar to what flyhigh123 did and share my customization and rigging of my Parker. I’m always learning, eager to share knowledge, and more than happy to hear others thoughts and opinions.

Going off what others have posted and people I’ve talked to, here’s a list of what I’d like to add to the boat:

Bait tank

Belly hoop on top of cabin

Boat cover

Autopilot

Permatrim

A better raw water washdown

Inverter

New seat post with suspension

More rod holders

Seadek

Squidlights

I’ve already got some of this work lined up/ in progress and will post the work as it goes on. But mostly just wanted to say hey and I’m lookin forward to get this workhorse ready for action!
1C1B8A0B-E144-4352-9F6E-2D482BF7C719.jpeg

Fishingguy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Very nice!!! I never get bored seeing these parkers!

Here are some suggestions to what you asked.

Bait tank- Mark Wisch from Pacific edge tackle PE60 with 2 inches raised for maximum capacity. Order asap as he is always 1 month out from being done, sometimes 6 weeks.

West cost bow rail- If you notice, many east coast parkers come with very low rails, makes it kind of sketchy walking around. Kevin from west coast marine (Parker dealer) will order it for you. also very safe if you have kids.

Belly hoop on top of cabin- Boats Unlimited in costa mesa or tom from pro fab.

Autopilot- simrad ap44

New seat post with suspension- Pro Pedestal--- love mine and half the price of sea-spension. [email protected] ask for greg. super good dude.

More rod holders--- Boats unlimited did mine and i was able to save some money by having him add to the original rod holder like you have there! Ask for Tony, he's done so many parkers.

Seadek-- the one and only Blue Seas Fabrication down in San Diego. Ask for Ken, he walks you through the process and i absolutely love the seadek. Im shocked how well it looks today after a full year of beating it up. Looks new still!

Hope that helps!

The parker community on BD is growing and its a great group of guys! Let me know how i can help!

A-K

Jun 14, 2015
Washington
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 2320
Congrats on the new 2320! You'll enjoy it for sure!

I'm looking forward to your build thread. Lots of good info out there about the 2320. When you install your bait tank, make sure you put it in the forward part of the cockpit. These boats like the weight up forward.

Reactions: Craig PW
Jul 13, 2006
San Diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
Parker 2510
Very nice rig. I believe I saw it up at Tom's getting the bait tank installed while I was having my bait tank installed. I thought Tom said he was installing a belly hoop on your boat?

|HEX|

Feb 1, 2014
Oxnard, California
Name
Hector F
Boat
"Blue Dream II" Parker 2320sl
Congrats on your new ride! Many of the upgrades you mentioned I want to add on mine, good list you got there. Can't wait to see your future posts.

vipertom1970

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2015
corona
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
don't forget to add "Add a battery switch" made by Blue Sea Marine...alternator charges house battery and starting battery at the same time but when voltage drops then it automatically disconnects the two banks to protect starting battery. It’s a nice feature to make sure the starting battery is always full of juice and you don’t have to deal with turning the switch to select battery A or B anymore.
She is a beautiful !!!

Last edited:

Craig PW

Always Learning
Jul 16, 2017
San Diego
Name
Craig
Boat
2017 Parker 2320
Very nice!!! I never get bored seeing these parkers!

Here are some suggestions to what you asked.

Bait tank- Mark Wisch from Pacific edge tackle PE60 with 2 inches raised for maximum capacity. Order asap as he is always 1 month out from being done, sometimes 6 weeks.

West cost bow rail- If you notice, many east coast parkers come with very low rails, makes it kind of sketchy walking around. Kevin from west coast marine (Parker dealer) will order it for you. also very safe if you have kids.

Belly hoop on top of cabin- Boats Unlimited in costa mesa or tom from pro fab.

Autopilot- simrad ap44

New seat post with suspension- Pro Pedestal--- love mine and half the price of sea-spension. [email protected] ask for greg. super good dude.

More rod holders--- Boats unlimited did mine and i was able to save some money by having him add to the original rod holder like you have there! Ask for Tony, he's done so many parkers.

Seadek-- the one and only Blue Seas Fabrication down in San Diego. Ask for Ken, he walks you through the process and i absolutely love the seadek. Im shocked how well it looks today after a full year of beating it up. Looks new still!

Hope that helps!

The parker community on BD is growing and its a great group of guys! Let me know how i can help!

Thanks Billy.
The bait tank was one of the first purchases I made. I read thru your posts and called Pacific Edge. Mark mentioned you and the model you had, so I got exactly what you suggested. Should be ready for pickup any day now. Did you have them install or did you do it yourself?

Is the West Coast Bow Rail what you see in the picture of my boat? Or is it even taller?

Fishingguy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 15, 2007
Orange County
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker
Thanks Billy.
The bait tank was one of the first purchases I made. I read thru your posts and called Pacific Edge. Mark mentioned you and the model you had, so I got exactly what you suggested. Should be ready for pickup any day now. Did you have them install or did you do it yourself?

Is the West Coast Bow Rail what you see in the picture of my boat? Or is it even taller?
Aweosme. Tank is absolutely amazing. Holds bait so well and a lot of it too!!

I had a friend do the install. I would love to have mark do it but not sure if he does anymore. Send me a pm if you need someone.

In regards to your rail, you currrently have the low east coast rails. Attached is a picture of the west coast.

flyhigh123

Bangarang
Aug 16, 2012
los angeles
Name
flyhigh123
Boat
Parker 2320
Good luck! The west coast rail i think is around 1800 from west coast marine. I havent pulled the trigger on that upgrade...

If you have any questions, just ask!

Craig PW

Always Learning
Jul 16, 2017
San Diego
Name
Craig
Boat
2017 Parker 2320
don't forget to add "Add a battery switch" made by Blue Sea Marine...alternator charges house battery and starting battery at the same time but when voltage drops then it automatically disconnects the two banks to protect starting battery. It’s a nice feature to make sure the starting battery is always full of juice and you don’t have to deal with turning the switch to select battery A or B anymore.
She is a beautiful !!!
Thanks for the info, learned something new!

Craig PW

Always Learning
Jul 16, 2017
San Diego
Name
Craig
Boat
2017 Parker 2320
Very nice rig. I believe I saw it up at Tom's getting the bait tank installed while I was having my bait tank installed. I thought Tom said he was installing a belly hoop on your boat?
Yep! Will post a pic of the belly hoop shortly

Craig PW

Always Learning
Jul 16, 2017
San Diego
Name
Craig
Boat
2017 Parker 2320
Hey all. I ended up getting deployed at the beginning of February, so it's made getting my winter projects done a little hard. I did make some progress and took a couple pictures before I left. I get back early May, but only for two weeks before I have to leave for three months again, should be back in town mid-August to hopefully get some fishing in and put the boat to use! Here is a pic of the boat completed with the belly hoop. One additional mod I had to do was lower the anchor/ nav light because the view of the light from behind the boat was obstructed by the backrest. So I unwired it, cut it carefully, and reinstalled it. Pretty straight-forward.

I'll post a few more of the projects soon.

IMG_4952.jpg IMG_4953.jpg IMG_4954.jpg IMG_4955.jpg IMG_4956.jpg IMG_4957.jpg

Surg

Expert Marine Electronics
Feb 2, 2004
So Cal
www.ExpertMarineElectronics.com
Name
Sergio
Boat
25' Monterey
She is a beautiful !!!
The add a battery kit is for rookies. A seasoned electrician would put together his own kit for optimum configuration. Not having control of that combiner or a status indicator is a handicap along with not being able to push a button and boost start your engine in an emergency when shit hits the fan.

Better to plan for if shit hits the fan scenarios when dealing with boats of this caliber.