My Parker 2320 build - Bangarang

Discussion in 'Parker Boats - The Tradition Continues' started by flyhigh123, Jun 13, 2017.

1. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    I sold my skipjack a few months back and was itching for another boat. Was planning on a 20 but saw FishingGuy's(Billy) reports and thought it could work for me and the family.

Spoke to Billy and he gave me some pointers and thoughts. Found the right boat and made a purchase over the phone.

I picked up a 2012 Parker 2320 about a month and a half back. Got it out of the east coast with 200 hours on the engine. I didn't fly out to see it and just hoped the survey matched what i saw on the photos. The only issue we had was the trailer it came with was old so i bought a new one.

[​IMG]

Boat got to me in a week and pretty much matched what I thought it would be. While waiting for the boat, i watched the movie Hook. The name " Bangarang" stuck and thought it would be the perfect name.

Billy once again helped me out and gave me a ton of pointers, ideas, and tricks that worked for his boat. Nicest guy i've met on BD and has saved me some headache!

Goal is to once again rebuild a boat the fits what i wanted.

The boat came with a second helm, which is what i wanted, but this one was freestanding not a bulkhead. Upon getting the boat, felt it was in the way of the deck. Plan was to move it to bulkhead mount but Billy suggested putting it up on a tower. (I liked that idea)

Here is a list of everything going in. I'm doing what I can for the install myself and what I can't do, will have an installer help.

• Simrad NSS16 Gen 2
    • outboard pilot AP
    • LSS-2 with structurescanhd box
    • 20" LCD for deck
    • Airmar B175HW 20 degree
    • Dash breaker switch panel
    • VHF radio
    • Belly Hoop Tower
    • Belly hoop control box
    • Pacific Edge Tear Drop Bait tank, with 2 inch custom height, 1 window ( billy tips!)
    • Shurflo 1100 bait pump
    • 1100 watt inverter
    • microwave
    • drain plug led lights
    • deck lights
    • Windlass - profish 700
    • Ace line hauler
    • permatrim
    I'm sure i'm missing some other things and will add to the list as I go along.

Will add to the post with the updates.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. evilkhemist

evilkhemist Member

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Parker 2510xld
    Nice boat and congrats.
    Just curious, do you plan on flush mounting the NSS16? If so, does the console have enough space? I have a HDS12 flush mounted on my 2310, and it maxed out the console.
    Also, you may want to consider Seaspension seat post or other shock mitigation post, even the deep vee will still pound.

Mickdick likes this.
  3. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    There is no room on the console to flush mount the 16. I am mounting it up top on the console. Hard to explain, but i have a pictures of the install and will be done with it today. I'll put up pictures. the 16 is a perfect fit and looks pretty much flush.

I've been reading posts about the seats. Will def be looking into that and maybe the perma trim as well.

4. Northeastfshman

Northeastfshman Moderator

Name:
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat:
    Parker 2120SCDV
    I have a 2120SC with every bell and whistle I ever wanted.

Can't stress enough get a hydrofoil for the engines. They are $100 a pop and easy to install. Parkers are to a large degree designed like a Downeaster (non planning hull), less the keel.

Great design for functionality, cockpit space, fuel efficiency... but removing those elements comprises the ride a little.

You sit pretty far forward but unlike a downeaster you don't have that mid boat engine and a keel to keep the weight distribution even and the boat in the water. When you add 400lbs towards the back for a full bait tank and the weight of outboards the bow wants to stick up. The hydrofoil really helps keep the bow down and allows the boat to plane at a much slower speed, really nice in rough weather not to mention you get better fuel economy.

On the electronics I thought about mounting my NSS EVO2 12' on the top but ended up mounting on the dash with 1/2 hanging over the side, (See pic)

Since you sit at or below the water line in a parker you tend to be looking higher up on the window while you drive. Having the display on the dash impeded less of the view I find important while running the boat. Also with where you sit bouncing around it's a pain to lean forward and reach out trying to touch the screen while your driving.

That is a preference thing but that was my thought after screwing around with where to mount it.

The hydrofoils are a must though.

IMG_0018.JPG

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    marlyn likes this.
  5. evilkhemist

evilkhemist Member

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Parker 2510xld
    I agree with Brett, a permatrim is a great addition and it's a huge bang for your buck. Also, a four blade prop will also help with the stern lift. Both the permatrim and four blade prop will lower your planing speed to 16-18knts, depending on your weight. I average 2.3mpg per 150g tank of gas.

skipjackrobert and marlyn like this.
  6. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    thanks guys... just placed an order for the permatrim.

7. vipertom1970

vipertom1970 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Make sure you have 90* drill when you do the Permatrim.

Here is my new dash to fit 2-9" Evo3 if any one interested. I moved the steering down couple inches.

IMG_6695.JPG

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Jason, xtshawytscha, trandc9 and 13 others like this.
  8. Papa "J"

Papa "J" I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Grady White 272 Sailfish

Dan from Seabound Marine Electronics built that dash 858-232-2400

Also I would highly suggest getting the Jabsco Cyclone low pressure pump for you bait pump. It is ridiculously quiet, and highly reliable.

vipertom1970 likes this.
  9. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    That looks super clean!

What do you mean by 90 degree drill?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  10. gettingbentwithbo

gettingbentwithbo Get Bent!

Name:
    Bo
    Boat:
    14' Starcraft SF SS
    Damn that looks so clean!!

11. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Windlass install. The drilling of the main hole was a bit harder than planned. The hole is really deep and the hole saw bottoms out at like 1.5" so as i'm drilling, need to chisel away the center portion to allow getting the hole saw deeper. I took a picture to show how deep it is in case someone else needs to install. :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A-K likes this.
  12. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    LSS-2 install:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Transom fish hold brakcet ( made it with starboard) Billy suggested to use this as a place to hold the kill bag. I used the stock mounting holes for the kicker bracket mount. :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. vipertom1970

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    Harbor Freight 90* drill attachment, you will need it for this application. did you order under or over mount Permatrim ? Yamaha recommended under mount for my F250 and I think structurally it's better to go under mount because the load will be transferred from the Perma Trim to the captivation plate. FYI, it's very easry to strip those SS bolts.

image_21652.jpg

15. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    didnt know there is a over or under. which one is the best one for our parkers?

16. nolimits

nolimits Member

Name:
    No Limits
    Boat:
    Parker 2320sl
    Wow, very nice new dash design. How much did it cost for the entire kit? Do you happen to have a photo before all the electronics were mounted?

17. vipertom1970

Name:
    tom
    Boat:
    2018 Parker 2320 SL
    I dont's want to hijack this thread and will start another thread with all new electronics for my Parker 2320.

Cy Bodden likes this.
  18. Fishingguy

Fishingguy I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Billy
    Boat:
    Parker
    wow!! 2.3mpg? were you getting the normal 1.6-1.7 before?

19. evilkhemist

evilkhemist Member

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    Parker 2510xld
    I originally was getting ~1.8ish when I first got my boat 2+ years ago. I installed the permatrim, four blade, 1" starboard spacer on the trim tabs, and relocated the batteries to the cabin. I also put in the Lowrance flow meter at this time. At that point I was getting ~2mpg. The biggest impact (~2.3mpg) was after I replaced my injectors and replaced the high pressure pump/cleaned the vst. I had my injectors tested, and all 6 were partially clogged and the spray patterns were garbage. The flow meter says I get ~2.2-2.4 going into a head sea at cruise (4500rpm) and 2.5-2.7 in a following sea. My numbers are with 3 guys, ~75lbs of ice, 48g bait tank, and usually 100+ gallons of gas.

20. flyhigh123

flyhigh123 Bangarang

Name:
    flyhigh123
    Boat:
    Parker 2320
    Added some switches and stuff to console today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

colemans224 and Fishingguy like this.