Jmart233

Almost A Member
Aug 14, 2015
Lakewood, Ca
Name
Joe Martin
Boat
2016 Parker 2320 Sport Cabin
I did it myself. 17pitch. I got a deal from my buddy Billy. But the prop and hub kit should run you about $700

Upvote 0

Tuna-Sniper

Tuna Sniper
Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
Picked up a new 2016 2320 out of Florida fully loaded for a fraction of the coast here on the West Coast. Working on getting it dialed in. Got a lot still to do. Doing dual 9 evo3, dual icom with AIS vhf, autopilot, 4g radar, fusion dvd, 6V house batteries, lumitec underwater dual colored lights and spreader lights (forward and rear), Airmar B275l-h transducer, total scan structure scan, fishing unlimited custom rod holders, hailer. Sergio at Expert Marine Electronics really is doing a hell of a job

View attachment 911510 View attachment 911511 View attachment 911512 View attachment 911513 View attachment 911514 View attachment 911515 View attachment 911516 View attachment 911517 View attachment 911518 View attachment 911522

is that camera angle or the two screens not line up straight to the dash ?

Upvote 0

Jef

Almost A Member
Jun 16, 2015
Name
Jeff
Boat
None
I believe the left side tapers in so you have to follow the right side as your point of reference . If you look at the right it’s square . I could be wrong

Upvote 0

Surg

SwordfishGear.com
  • Feb 2, 2004
    So Cal
    www.SwordfishGear.com
    Name
    Sergio
    Boat
    25' Monterey
    Nice thread Joe. I should have the second Vhf installed by next week.
    For the below the waterline guys, you're obviously not familiar with this particular model. Putting it higher would have made the cable come out above deck. Use the deck drains as a reference.
    It's customary to use SS clam shells with 3 screws to cover where the cable goes into the transome. I don't use the plastic ones that come with tm transducers. The hole was lined with 4200 fastcure, filled with silicone and sealed with 4200 FC.
    BTW. It's a Structurscan HD transducer. Not a Totalscan. Totalscan is for skiffs that don't do a separate main transducer.
    Someone asked why we chose a transome mount over a thru hull. It was a compromise, if I was to install a thruhull for that it should be the 3D transducer, but that also requires another module.
    Joe is going to feel it out to see if he utilizes SS more on this boat. He could upgrade to 3D in the future with a thruhull transducer pair.

I still need to do some finishing touches but the boats seatrial to Catalina overnight went smooth as butter with regards to the full electrical reconfiguration and electronics install.
    This thread doesn't do the boat justice, I feel it's one of the best outfitted Parkers out here.

Here's some more pics.

Tight lines.

IMG_5912.JPG IMG_5914.JPG IMG_5891.JPG IMG_5892.JPG

Reactions: Ripnsumlip
    Upvote 0

Jef

Almost A Member
    Jun 16, 2015
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    None
    Nice thread Joe. I should have the second Vhf installed by next week.
    For the below the waterline guys, you're obviously not familiar with this particular model. Putting it higher would have made the cable come out above deck. Use the deck drains as a reference.
    It's customary to use SS clam shells with 3 screws to cover where the cable goes into the transome. I don't use the plastic ones that come with tm transducers. The hole was lined with 4200 fastcure, filled with silicone and sealed with 4200 FC.
    BTW. It's a Structurscan HD transducer. Not a Totalscan. Totalscan is for skiffs that don't do a separate main transducer.
    Someone asked why we chose a transome mount over a thru hull. It was a compromise, if I was to install a thruhull for that it should be the 3D transducer, but that also requires another module.
    Joe is going to feel it out to see if he utilizes SS more on this boat. He could upgrade to 3D in the future with a thruhull transducer pair.

I still need to do some finishing touches but the boats seatrial to Catalina overnight went smooth as butter with regards to the full electrical reconfiguration and electronics install.
    This thread doesn't do the boat justice, I feel it's one of the best outfitted Parkers out here.

Here's some more pics.

Tight lines.

View attachment 915272 View attachment 915273 View attachment 915274 View attachment 915275

I see you put Those two batteries behind the captains chair.

Are you only running 2 batteries right now ? Or did you keep a third in the old location that supports the motor?

Upvote 0

Jef

Almost A Member
    Jun 16, 2015
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    None
    Your setup looks awesome . I need to stare at it for a while to trace where everything is going .

Upvote 0

Surg

SwordfishGear.com
  • Feb 2, 2004
    So Cal
    www.SwordfishGear.com
    Name
    Sergio
    Boat
    25' Monterey
    Thanks Jeff.
    We still have both batteries in the back. A main and backup for engine starting. Configured for full control with these battery switches. You can start off the house bank if both aft batteries fail, or you can run on any engine battery if the house bank fails.
    Redundancy is a must when chasing trophy fish 80 miles out. There's also a combiner that lets the house charge off of the engine with a controll switch on the dash for emergency boost starting.

Upvote 0

Jef

Almost A Member
    Jun 16, 2015
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    None
    Thanks Jeff.
    We still have both batteries in the back. A main and backup for engine starting. Configured for full control with these battery switches. You can start off the house bank if both aft batteries fail, or you can run on any engine battery if the house bank fails.
    Redundancy is a must when chasing trophy fish 80 miles out. There's also a combiner that lets the house charge off of the engine with a controll switch on the dash for emergency boost starting.

Ya 80 miles out is like going to the moon. Once we get the nerve to do those Long runs I will probably bring a small generator just in case..... and have a buddy boat come along so we can support each other .lol

Upvote 0

Surg

SwordfishGear.com
  • Feb 2, 2004
    So Cal
    www.SwordfishGear.com
    Name
    Sergio
    Boat
    25' Monterey
    http://www.boatersland.com/newra-2....MIpPvFpPqS2gIVSIR-Ch2QHwEGEAQYByABEgLaIPD_BwE
    After looking online for a second I like the way this looks. But I would definitely go above the waterline still. After drilling the hole coat all the wood exposed with 5200 and let it dry before you run wires through. Just to cover all your bases, these boats will last forever...as long as the wood in the transom is kept dry

There's no way you are going to get the plug for the transducer through that little hole.
    Keep searching or use what I use.

Upvote 0

Jef

Almost A Member
    Jun 16, 2015
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    None
    There's no way you are going to get the plug for the transducer through that little hole.
    Keep searching or use what I use.

Your can’t cut the transducer line and resplice on the other side ? Or do you think that’s a super bad idea ?

Upvote 0

The Right Kind

Slave to a Boat
  • Jul 9, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express

Here's some more pics
    1428369_b155e9af26c9af2afae4fdbfd436094c_thumb.jpg

Surg, I was always told that putting batteries inside the cabin was a no no because of hydrogen gas released by the batteries, even seal batteries. I see that a few guys are doing this for weight distribution or for lack of space for additional batteries. I looked at the CG website but I don't see any restrictions only that they are properly restrained and vented. What's your take?

Upvote 0

Surg

SwordfishGear.com
  • Feb 2, 2004
    So Cal
    www.SwordfishGear.com
    Name
    Sergio
    Boat
    25' Monterey
    1428369_b155e9af26c9af2afae4fdbfd436094c_thumb.jpg

Surg, I was always told that putting batteries inside the cabin was a no no because of hydrogen gas released by the batteries, even seal batteries. I see that a few guys are doing this for weight distribution or for lack of space for additional batteries. I looked at the CG website but I don't see any restrictions only that they are properly restrained and vented. What's your take?

I haven't seen anything against that. Even in ABYC standards. I wouldn't hesitate to locate some AGM batteries in the cabin like I did on this boat. I even have two in my forward V birth in my 25'er. I have done many inverter installs with them mounted very close to the house batteries and I would only do that with AGM's.
    Personally I hate wetcell batteries. Even for engine applications. This Parker came with two wetcell batteries mounted on trays in the aft compartment. I made sure to put them in boxes as the trays can't contain any acid that would leak out. Battery acid in the bilge mixing with saltwater is what's dangerous.

Upvote 0

Sea Son

Apr 8, 2018
    Ventura
    Name
    Sea Son
    Boat
    Sea Son
    I mounted my compass flush against the forward access to the anchor rode. In the top right corner so it’s out of the way. Screw it to a peice of starboard then screw the starboard into the “wall”. Don’t have a pic of that but this is a pic of the electronics area with my pump location

View attachment 911566
    Very clean mine looks like a birds nest

Reactions: Surg and Bogs Njord
    Upvote 0

gingervco1

Almost A Member
    May 10, 2007
    Costa Mesa-San Jose del Cabo
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    Thanks Jeff.
    Serg, are you running an ACR or battery isolator to prevent discharge of the starting battery?

Upvote 0

Surg

SwordfishGear.com
  • Feb 2, 2004
    So Cal
    www.SwordfishGear.com
    Name
    Sergio
    Boat
    25' Monterey
    Serg, are you running an ACR or battery isolator to prevent discharge of the starting battery?

Isolator are very old school and should not be used with outboards. I do not like the drawbacks that isolators come with.
    Combiners are the way to go.
    There's nothing like a sure high amperage connection with no diodes that contribute to voltage drop.

Upvote 0

Bmoore1975

Almost A Member
    Aug 22, 2015
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Brad
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    I mounted my compass flush against the forward access to the anchor rode. In the top right corner so it’s out of the way. Screw it to a peice of starboard then screw the starboard into the “wall”. Don’t have a pic of that but this is a pic of the electronics area with my pump location

View attachment 911566
    Has that compass worked out ok up in the bow ? Any issues with magnetic interference from the anchor chain or windlass ?

Upvote 0

Bogs Njord

Nov 10, 2017
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Njord
    Has that compass worked out ok up in the bow ? Any issues with magnetic interference from the anchor chain or windlass ?
    Works great for me. Straight lines kept by my auto pilot to and from the islands multiple times and it is always within a degree or so of my magnetic compass. If I did this over again I would still put the compass there

Upvote 0