My "Light" Rail Rod Seeker 6470H

MiniMoose12

• Nov 29, 2020
    California
    Name
    Kyle
    Boat
    N/A
    Finally posting up my personal tuna rod for anything <150lbish. I know these rollers arent super popular out here but man do they make fighting a fish a smoother experience. These rollers look "big" but they are actually rated for 50-80lb. This is also a pretty bendy blank for it's weight class, but the "broomstick" effect of the rollers does stiffen it up and make it an awesome rod. I plan to run my red/silver Accurate Valiant 600 2 speed with either 60 or 80lb leader (80 mainly for abrasion resistance). I personally just lob live bait out and let them swim if they are good bait, If we have smaller bait I run longer poles. Plan to smoke some big ones on this setup this year!

Really dig these guides. I would've put the low-riders on this rod if I knew they existed, but oh well.

The colors of line for the thread is as follows:
    Fuji metalic red D
    Pro-Wrap metalic silver D
    Alps varigated black D
    Guderod Red w/o color preserver on black to get that "blood" red color.

All the guides are double wrapped without color preserver.
    Alps reel seat (a bit larger than I wanted, had to ditch the reel clamp because the diameter of the rod)
    Seeker Factory Hypalon (Superior to regular Hypalon, you just gotta feel it).

Rod 15ish I've done. Finally getting "good" at making rods ;)

tMPNe2L.jpg

835XiRn.jpg

xobPtMq.jpg

Upvote 0

MiniMoose12

• Nov 29, 2020
    California
    Name
    Kyle
    Boat
    N/A
    I like the 6470 series. Do you find there to be a big difference between the 6470H Black Steel and Super Seekers?
    If I'm being honest, I just asked the people working at their factory for what they think would be a good all around tuna rod for 60lb. Walked to the back and picked up this blank lol. I really like the SS line up for it's bend near the tip. I haven't pulled on any black steels unfortunately. My only real complain with this rod is the butt is so fat, I had to use a like size 26 reel seat. Atleast it's an alps seat so I can trust it being tightened down.

Upvote 0

MiniMoose12

• Nov 29, 2020
    California
    Name
    Kyle
    Boat
    N/A
    Thanks! I thought of mine as 50lb rods but I will probably bump them up to 60lb.
    Broomstick effect does help them become a bit stiffer, with solid foot roller guides basically those 3 inches under the guide now resist bending. That’s why I went bendier. With roller guides typically the rod becomes stiffer after it’s been wrapped compared to regular guides where the feet flex.

Reactions: mcrae
    Upvote 0