My latest capture 100 plus

FERRIA

May 15, 2015
Vista
Name
Alex
Boat
SS FERRIA
Went out Sunday with my brother and childhood friend.(friends first trip offshore fishing) He ask so I told him lets go. Was hoping he wouldn't tap out on me. Hang in like a champ though... Anyhow left Oceanside harbor 8 a.m. For the first couple of hours nada.. Found mega patties... For nothing... Found one patty with about 100 yellowtail. Didn't want to bite though. Threw everything at them (bait,jigs,etc) nada... Was about to lose hope when we spot our first bird school. Slide up on it.. Fish are gone. Look ahead 5 different spots of big bird school. Gun it to get close.. Start launching poppers at them .. Brother hooks up... Has it for about 5 mins, hooks pull.. Off to the next bird school..cast out, I'm on.. Good one i got my talica button down, fought him for about 15 mins, and handed to my brother (let him pull on it for awhile even let my buddy get a couple cranks on him) they spent about 20 mins on the rod. By then I was well rested. Got the rod handed back to me and finish the fish off... 10 mins later the tuna felt the cold steel of the gaff..Didn't get to weigh it, got in late...helped out a fellow boater in need.. Towed him about 9 miles before his buddy's brought him some fuel.. Great day on the water... Not sure weight but he was pushing triple digits eazy...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• trim.79F7E4E8-7228-4411-880C-C5D0ED1C6D26.MOV
    859.4 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

tplass

Almost A Member
Aug 2, 2012
HB
Name
Tom
Boat
Yak
epic

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Went out Sunday with my brother and childhood friend.(friends first trip offshore fishing) He ask so I told him lets go. Was hoping he wouldn't tap out on me. Hang in like a champ though... Anyhow left Oceanside harbor 8 a.m. For the first couple of hours nada.. Found mega patties... For nothing... Found one patty with about 100 yellowtail. Didn't want to bite though. Threw everything at them (bait,jigs,etc) nada... Was about to lose hope when we spot our first bird school. Slide up on it.. Fish are gone. Look ahead 5 different spots of big bird school. Gun it to get close.. Start launching poppers at them .. Brother hooks up... Has it for about 5 mins, hooks pull.. Off to the next bird school..cast out, I'm on.. Good one i got my talica button down, fought him for about 15 mins, and handed to my brother (let him pull on it for awhile even let my buddy get a couple cranks on him) they spent about 20 mins on the rod. By then I was well rested. Got the rod handed back to me and finish the fish off... 10 mins later the tuna felt the cold steel of the gaff..Didn't get to weigh it, got in late...helped out a fellow boater in need.. Towed him about 9 miles before his buddy's brought him some fuel.. Great day on the water... Not sure weight but he was pushing triple digits eazy...

View attachment 775664 View attachment 775665 View attachment 775667
Curious, when the tuna got hooked, did the treble hooks hook both the top jaw and the bottom jaw ?

Upvote 0