Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Greensboro North Carolina
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
First trip was the Pacifica.. we headed south to get some dorado first stop was absolutely mayhem big patty with about 20 hook ups once the bait was in the water!! Key to getting bit was 20-25# line with #4 j hook. We made several drifts on that patty after awhile we got the most we could then marked it and came back to it couple hours later… mean time traveling around looking for some yellowtails which only couple were landed we decide to head back the patty to see if we cud squeeze some more dodo out which was a no go so we made the move to tanner to find some bluefin.. once we arrived to tanner found a school of small tuna 20-30# bft… managed to hook one bft 20lb on a 25# floro and #2 hook which was key to getting bite.. after we landed 20-30 small grade we flew the kite to find the big boys..approaching dark one hits the kite and is on and random number is drawn to reel it in.. once landed it was a cow about a 220lb shortly after that a 160lb was landed in a live bait.. very surprised it was on live bait lol.. after that it was time to haul but home.. ended up with one bft 25lb and one dodo about 15lb ish and that was it for me..
Second trip was a sponsor trip left the dock with bait ready to go to tanner bank headed out and was there by morning.. first day was beautiful low winds nice weather.. no fish till late evening found bluefin but didn’t want to play till dusk.. one guy got lucky on kite with a 140lb and one more guy got a 100lb on a 50lb line how he didn’t lose it idk… lots of tuna around just didn’t want to bite.. we found fish all night no bites!! Fished from 8pm to 4am and nothing no bites!! So next day weather went to extremely windy still flew the kite for awhile and got one 80lb bft after that it was dead no tuna and weather was picking up so after day two boat captain and us decide to call it due to the wind going to be 45mph the next day so we drive home a day early.. so I only got one bft that trip that was handed off to me so my books it doesn’t count..
Third trip was a weird trip due to weather we left the bay 11am and arrived at San Clemente island around 10pm and anchored up due to rough water… so there’s one day gone of travel… next morning we looked for yellowtails at Cortez and then way past that to a spot that’s know for them.. later that evening we located some fish but mostly Bonitas and I managed to get 4 of them and one guy landed one yt for the whole boat..we then went to a spot that had rock fish since no sign of bft anywhere since we were 1 of 3 boats out there… so that night it was all rock fish all night for awhile.. got a couple that night then showered then bed.. woke up next morning then fished for more rock fish boat absolutely killed it on rock fish cod!! Then we left due to bft finally someone located some so we left and hauled ass 40miles away and around4pm found a big school that was boiling everywhere!! Jumping left and right big boys but didn’t want to play..so at least we saw some bft the weather was rough and bft were sw of SCI after we tried to locate some we ran out of time and headed in and that was with alot of cod and one yellow for the boat with a few Bonita.. pic is biggest cod of the boat at 15lbs that’s only have the cod caught in bottom pic..

A5B17CB6-45AF-435A-95EA-6E019B81C8B9.jpeg

63C12C65-2EA0-4139-98AB-0E7F2697B9DF.jpeg

Apr 26, 2018
Irvine
Name
Brian Burchfield
Boat
22’ Trophy CC
I’m still on the hunt for a cow haha maybe back home I’ll get one!! Just boat rides and happen to catch some fish along the way.. that weather really screwed me over this year..
Sorry about your luck, truly, cause I respect the hell out of traveling out here for 3 back to back 3 days. You deserved a BFT. You will be rewarded though, no doubt.

Reactions: Tunahead
Upvote 0

Mr. DRE

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 23, 2019
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Andre
    Boat
    Private
    Sorry you missed out Ted but you came at the perfectly bad time. Weather has been great for most of spring and summer it just decided to turn bad while you were here. You'll get them next time.

Reactions: Tunahead

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Great report/info/pic...NICE load of Reds.
    Got some Dorado a good thing too.
    Great to have a fallback plan when the
    damn Bluefin act like Bluefin. LOL
    You'll get 1 next time hopefully.

Reactions: Tedward2020
    Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Best fishermen in the world
    Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica
    Name
    Brad Baron
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    Really cause in school I sucked at writing haha

LOL Me too. Was busy thinking about things I like

My rad brother has won 2 emmy awards. Super schooled

He likes how I write and many others. Because its raw and I write, like I'm talking

Upvote 0

ZZZZZ

Best fishermen in the world
    Dec 11, 2003
    Costa Rica
    Name
    Brad Baron
    Boat
    Royal Polaris
    I would say, current conditions dictate that. And the rigging

But it is a constant learning curve

Go Ted

Upvote 0

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
    Apr 5, 2020
    Greensboro North Carolina
    Name
    Ted Allegranza
    Boat
    None
    So, Ted

Do you still plan to come back and fish here again? If so, what would you do different? If not, why?
    I do plan on coming back probably only when family or friends go next year if so the RP or PQ.. but for now going to try out the east coast fishing from Massachusetts to Florida to Louisiana and outer banks NC

Upvote 0

heman

Almost A Member
    Apr 23, 2008
    Anaheim, CA
    Name
    heman
    Boat
    \___/
    Agreed with everyone's responses. The Pacific BFT are super finicky and I had plenty of empty boat rides for a few seasons before landing my first big'n.

Glad to hear you aren't bitter and complaining... you made the best of your trips. Other than weather, it was pretty good timing imo. Other than bluefin being bluefin.

Although things didn't work out, I'm sure you had a great time and learned plenty.

Upvote 0