My first White Seabass...seriously!

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    Fishead
    That "onilith" (?) ear bone will tell you it's age. Maybe that "tanker" waited his whole life..... for you to show up yesterday. ... to give you the long deserved birthday present. Fishing "karma" for sure.

Either way brother. ... great catch. Congrats and thanks for the post and great picts!

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat Name
    Red Rooster
    I worked the boats for a very long time and never landed a legal WSB or legal halibut. Then got on a stupid bite of WSB and found them really easy. I am 66 years old and still have not caught a legal halibut. Maybe I should use a used spark plug for a weight, seen that work many times when working the boats.

Upvote 0

boxofrain

The lure of failure is irresistible
    Jul 6, 2007
    san Juan Capistrano
    Name
    Ed Schmitt
    Boat Name
    Robalo 25 foot "Fishfinder"
    Congratulations. I have chased those fish for decades and they have seldom allowed me to catch them. Somehow the rare occasions they do keep me coming back.

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn on way to Florida
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat Name
    Boat-less (Sad)
    I at 63 have never caught a legal WSB. Have work on deck during great bites. The best down 8n the ridge one spring. The basterds have me skunked.
    So CONGRATS! ON YOUR GREAT FISH!
    someday

Upvote 0

Second Row

You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
    Aug 8, 2008
    Newport
    Name
    Scott
    Boat Name
    21' Grady White - Rusty Hook
    Happy B~Day!

Upvote 0

Stakanak

Almost A Member
    Sep 25, 2013
    Long Beach, California, USA
    Name
    Mark Nakagawa
    Boat Name
    “Buzzcatcher”
    Hell ya! What rig did you get them on? I took a first time out kid on my boat a ways back, handed him a rod with a sardine and 1 oz sinker to keep him out of my hair while I was fishing and he caught a 48" estimated 45- 50lb. I personally havn't got one and I'm 53. Congrats on your score.
    1/2 ounce slider, 2/0 circle hook, 30lb fluorocarbon...of course the Candy Bait😉

Reactions: Mick Dodge
    Upvote 0

Stakanak

Almost A Member
    Sep 25, 2013
    Long Beach, California, USA
    Name
    Mark Nakagawa
    Boat Name
    “Buzzcatcher”
    I worked the boats for a very long time and never landed a legal WSB or legal halibut. Then got on a stupid bite of WSB and found them really easy. I am 66 years old and still have not caught a legal halibut. Maybe I should use a used spark plug for a weight, seen that work many times when working the boats.
    Hit me up, I’ll help you get a Halibut for sure😉

Upvote 0