May 17, 2004
Malibu/San Diego/Boise
Name
Travis
Boat
None
Congrats!!!!

I 100% believe in birthday fish.

Big fish, jackpot fish, rare fish, accidental fish... all come on birthdays.

Birthday presents from the Man upstairs.

So stoked for you!!!

Reactions: Stakanak

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
That "onilith" (?) ear bone will tell you it's age. Maybe that "tanker" waited his whole life..... for you to show up yesterday. ... to give you the long deserved birthday present. Fishing "karma" for sure.

Either way brother. ... great catch. Congrats and thanks for the post and great picts!

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
I worked the boats for a very long time and never landed a legal WSB or legal halibut. Then got on a stupid bite of WSB and found them really easy. I am 66 years old and still have not caught a legal halibut. Maybe I should use a used spark plug for a weight, seen that work many times when working the boats.

boxofrain

The lure of failure is irresistible
Jul 6, 2007
san Juan Capistrano
Name
Ed Schmitt
Boat
Robalo 25 foot "Fishfinder"
Congratulations. I have chased those fish for decades and they have seldom allowed me to catch them. Somehow the rare occasions they do keep me coming back.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
I at 63 have never caught a legal WSB. Have work on deck during great bites. The best down 8n the ridge one spring. The basterds have me skunked.
So CONGRATS! ON YOUR GREAT FISH!
someday

Big Skin

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 29, 2006
La Mesa
www.fishsniffer.com
Name
Rick
Boat
Grady White Tournament 24 "Get Bent"
Happy birthday and good job

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
You have to put in your time for them, or just be lucky. The other day, I slid a couple beaches down from a buddy's boat telling him I was gonna go for a WSB and caught one! He now thinks I can catch them at will, lol. Either way, congrats and happy birthday.

lougio

Capt Lou
Jul 19, 2014
La Mesa, CA
Name
Lou
Boat
'03 Parker 2520 Louie-Lui II
Nice Biscuits, Happy Bday? Were you targeting them or dropper loop fishing? Thx

Stakanak

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 25, 2013
Long Beach, California, USA
Name
Mark Nakagawa
Boat
Captain Wes's boat "The Buzz Catcher"
Hell ya! What rig did you get them on? I took a first time out kid on my boat a ways back, handed him a rod with a sardine and 1 oz sinker to keep him out of my hair while I was fishing and he caught a 48" estimated 45- 50lb. I personally havn't got one and I'm 53. Congrats on your score.
1/2 ounce slider, 2/0 circle hook, 30lb fluorocarbon...of course the Candy Bait😉

Reactions: Mick Dodge

Stakanak

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 25, 2013
Long Beach, California, USA
Name
Mark Nakagawa
Boat
Captain Wes's boat "The Buzz Catcher"
I worked the boats for a very long time and never landed a legal WSB or legal halibut. Then got on a stupid bite of WSB and found them really easy. I am 66 years old and still have not caught a legal halibut. Maybe I should use a used spark plug for a weight, seen that work many times when working the boats.
Hit me up, I’ll help you get a Halibut for sure😉