Socalslayer

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 12, 2008
LA,CA, US
Name
Darrin
Boat
Off the Grid 35' Radovich
Left for Cat last night. Got the second to last scoop of squid from San Pedro Bait. I hooked up at 345 to this nice ghost. About 20 minutes later my buddy Josh is hooked up to what i thought was a bigger model seabass turned out to be a 5 foot shark. Not sure what kind it was but we cut it at the leader. About 10 minutes after that my other friend Andy got hooked up to a monster fought it for about 10 minutes then dumped it. Fished all morning for not even a wiff. We had all of R excitement in the middle of the night. We worked the whole island and didn't see one other fish caught. West Cove was 59 degrees East End was around 63. :smoking33:

Keep on Slaying,

Socalslayer

Attachments

GETSUM

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 22, 2007
Name
ERIC G.
Boat
22' ROBALO CC "ON ONE"
NICE FISH.

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Way to go,

seasonsfishing

Captain 100 Ton MNC
Jan 15, 2007
Squid Grounds
Name
Captain Jamie Thinnes
Boat
Parker 3420 XLD
Nice going, heard you on the radio on the way over in the dark you hooked that one. Nice work and getting it done early.... It was a bit of a ghost town the rest of the day on the back and west..

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
Jan 19, 2007
San Clemente
Name
Tim
Boat
None
You are on a roll Darrin. Another nice seabass. Love it when they bite in the dark.

We fished 15 1/2 hours yesterday with Wes for no seabass bites. Light boat could not find any squid. Had good condition with seabass under the boat but could not get them to bite. It happens...

Congrats again. I'm back out Sunday night with my boy to give it another go on the Dreamer. Hoping my 14 year old gets one...