I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 13, 2004
Lakeside,ca
Visit site
Name
Gene Horner
Boat
210 Triumph 21' genelie
My best friend and beloved dog Striker passed away on Sunday of memorial day weekend. His Ashes came today in a nice cedar box.

20140604_200752.jpg

20140604_200709.jpg

20140202_143907.jpg

20140117_094426.jpg

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Sorry to hear about your loss. I have had a lot of dogs, and some good ones too, but none of them compared to my last one that died two years ago, I still haven't got past the pain and think of her every day. The dog truly is man's best friend and the ONLY thing that will truly give unconditional love. Sorry for your loss.

Upvote 0

Johnlgarrison

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 27, 2009
Temecula CA USA!
www.inkspotsgreatdanes.com
Name
Johnny Garrison
Boat
Parker 2320 "Sticky Business 5"
I am so sorry for your loss, I totally get the best friend thing. Mine is sitting on the couch next to me as I type this.
They say Heaven is wonderful beyond our imagination if that is true he is waiting for you. After all how could Heaven be wonderful without our dogs?
22510_3400926041742_1346230789_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Innocent Bystaner

Innocent Bystander
Nov 5, 2006
Poway, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
Innocent Bystander 2901 Seaswirl
I'm blessed with enough property to burry all 6 of my beloved pets under a large pepper tree on a mountain top over looking Poway. I have 2 chairs setting under the tree where my wife and I can sit and reflect back on all the good times we had with our "kids". The passing of the last two dogs (2 years ago) were the hardest to get over and I can't even think of getting another dog. I do not want to go through that heart break ever again.

Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Got two boxes. We'll spread their ashes up at Big Bear when I finally finish the remodel.

It's painful, but you must reload. Each dog is different, but they are all great.

Reactions: TEAMFISH
Upvote 0

OFN

COB
Mar 18, 2007
Leona Valley
Name
Nat
Boat
Striper 2150, Indie
I'm blessed with enough property to burry all 6 of my beloved pets under a large pepper tree on a mountain top over looking Poway. I have 2 chairs setting under the tree where my wife and I can sit and reflect back on all the good times we had with our "kids". The passing of the last two dogs (2 years ago) were the hardest to get over and I can't even think of getting another dog. I do not want to go through that heart break ever again.

Lost my favorite bird dog about 15 years ago and felt that way. Finally picked up a pup from the same blood line a couple of months ago. Best thing I have done for myself in a long time. It is better to have that companionship on a daily basis, than to only miss what is gone.

Upvote 0

Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

April 30th 2014, I lost my beloved, very best buddy to bone cancer. I was complete mess and lost, as Glenn (Jig Strike) knows. When I had to go pick up my boy in that pine box, whatever I began to regain, I went back to being a mess. I know I'll be with my buddy again and this time, we'll never have too worry about leaving each other for any reason.

Stay as strong as you can. You will be reunited with your best friend, forever.

Can't believe I'm can typing this but when the time comes, give another four legged friend a chance to adopt you as a best friend. I thought to myself "never again" but I would be missing out on another great bond.

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
Sorry of the passing and glad for the return home....r

Upvote 0

Vermonster

Feb 26, 2003
Escondido
Visit site
Name
Sean
Boat
I'm a Ho'.....
Hey Gene, haven't logged on in a week or so and just seeing this. Sorry to hear this! Glad to see he's back with you now where he belongs.......

Upvote 0

HBTRANSPLANT

fISH fINDER
Jul 12, 2012
huntington beach
Name
craig
Boat
Many, but are none are mine
what a beauty he was ! Has been some of the saddest days when loosing that companion. I have 2 deep in age right now that are going to be tough blows. That is a nice,nice setting you have provided.

Upvote 0

rdrrm8e

Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
I have an ancient orange tree in my backyard.

5 dogs and several cats under it. It's a nice reminder to have each time I work in the garden.

After Jake passed I thought I would never have another dog. It just hurt too much. One day I realized how much I needed that love in my life and I found Molly. She has changed my life once again.

No regrets.

Reactions: ConSeaMate
Upvote 0

Baja Dreamer

Push the button Max!
Jul 2, 2004
Bakersfield,Ca.
Name
Chris
Boat
None
Very sorry to hear about that.
I know the feeling all too well. Lost my old lab Sam in early march just short of his 14th birthday.

Upvote 0

Peteb

newbie my ass
Nov 30, 2010
Lake Havasu City, Az
Name
Pete
Boat
20' Wooldridge Pisces II
I'm looking at 2 boxes & pictures on the mantle and my 2 year old yellow lab at my feet. Don't know who's going to last longer but I almost wish it would be him. Probably be easier on my wife.

Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
Man I hate reading these posts but at the same time I love all the stories we have with our dogs. I've lost 3 labs in the last 4 years. My 6 year old yellow laying next to me on the couch and my 1 year old at my feet as I type. Don't think I could ever go without having at least 2 by my side at all times. Very sorry for your loss there are tons of dogs out there that need friends like you.

Upvote 0

Genelie

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 13, 2004
Lakeside,ca
Visit site
Name
Gene Horner
Boat
210 Triumph 21' genelie
Wow thanks for all the replies. I found myself talking to him,. is that wierd? I told Sluester that a few days after striker arrived back home, his favorite place to lay down in the yard, WHICH was not allowed haaa haa, looked like he had just laid there. I know that is wierd but hey, I like to think he is just being himself and letting me know he was here.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Upvote 0