love to fish
Apr 18, 2006
Oregon
montereycompany.com
Name
Nicole
Boat
Your boat, not mine.
If you want to know what an 8 day luxury sportfishing trip looks like from a female perspective, look no further as I have just come home from a perfect trip on Intrepid with Dave Berutich as our Charter Master. I have been on this boat before and I wanted my newly wedded husband to experience for his first time the thrill of being on a Sportfishing boat, so I suggested we go here for our honeymoon. Intrepid did not fail, in fact, far from it. It was an A+, classy operation on every level. To say this is a boat is a disservice as I feel like it is more like a yacht. Every meal is 5 star, the passengers are top caliber, and the crew is next level ready to help and educate every level of fisherman. I usually like when there are a few other women on the boat, but it does not bother me at all if I am the only one which I was for this trip. I have never felt fear or intimidation by fellow guests and the crew become like a pack of protective brothers. I do not have the same 'killer instinct' as many of the men on the boat and I like to take time away from the rail and just enjoy the scenery. Intrepid offers so many places to enjoy the open air and the state rooms are comfortable and well ventilated so I never feel closed in or claustrophobic. The sunsets were out of this world! Our captain was Bill Cavanaugh and I found him to be knowledgeable and very fish intuitive. That's right, skill is not everything and I was impressed with Bill's sensitivity to the environment and conditions and willingness to go with his gut, which proved correct EVERY time! The old saying goes that a sportfishing trip is about fishing, eating, getting off grid and resting... catching the fish is a bonus! Well, did we ever get the bonus on this trip. The other thing I found endearing about this captain is that he admitted flop when every joke he tried to tell fell flat and in some weird way, that was funny!

What I love about fishing in August is the wide variety of what we can catch. Our trip had most passengers bringing home Yellowfin Tuna, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Dorado, we had a wide open night bite on bluefin tuna and some got a fill of grouper (me) and cabrilla fish. I admit, I caught my limit of total fish and was exuberantly happy. My freezer is full.

Now you might ask, how could any of this also be a romantic honeymoon? Well for me, a luxury fishing trip with a man I am crazy in love with is totally hot, hot, hot and when you're happy, well... let's just say you are happy! I am most thrilled that my husband loved it, made new friends, and wants to go again! Now you may say he is a lucky guy, but I think I am the luckiest. If you would like to show someone what an amazing 8 day looks like, please feel free to share this slideshow I am attaching to this review. Tight lines and who knows, maybe we'll see you at the rail sometime!

Last edited:

bachiboy

Jul 28, 2015
Culver City
Name
DonM
Boat
none
If you want to know what an 8 day luxury sportfishing trip looks like from a female perspective, look no further as I have just come home from a perfect trip on Intrepid with Dave Berutich as our Charter Master. I have been on this boat before and I wanted my newly wedded husband to experience for his first time the thrill of being on a Sportfishing boat, so I suggested we go here for our honeymoon. Intrepid did not fail, in fact, far from it. It was an A+, classy operation on every level. To say this is a boat is a disservice as I feel like it is more like a yacht. Every meal is 5 star, the passengers are top caliber, and the crew is next level ready to help and educate every level of fisherman. I usually like when there are a few other women on the boat, but it does not bother me at all if I am the only one which I was for this trip. I have never felt fear or intimidation by fellow guests and the crew become like a pack of protective brothers. I do not have the same 'killer instinct' as many of the men on the boat and I like to take time away from the rail and just enjoy the scenery. Intrepid offers so many places to enjoy the open air and the state rooms are comfortable and well ventilated so I never feel closed in or claustrophobic. The sunsets were out of this world! Our captain was Bill Cavanaugh and I found him to be knowledgeable and very fish intuitive. That's right, skill is not everything and I was impressed with Bill's sensitivity to the environment and conditions and willingness to go with his gut, which proved correct EVERY time! The old saying goes that a sportfishing trip is about fishing, eating, getting off grid and resting... catching the fish is a bonus! Well, did we ever get the bonus on this trip. The other thing I found endearing about this captain is that he admitted flop when every joke he tried to tell fell flat and in some weird way, that was funny!

What I love about fishing in August is the wide variety of what we can catch. Our trip had most passengers bringing home Yellowfin Tuna, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Dorado, we had a wide open night bite on bluefin tuna and some got a fill of grouper (me) and cabrilla fish. I admit, I caught my limit of total fish and was exuberantly happy. My freezer is full.

Now you might ask, how could any of this also be a romantic honeymoon? Well for me, a luxury fishing trip with a man I am crazy in love with is totally hot, hot, hot and when you're happy, well... let's just say you are happy! I am most thrilled that my husband loved it, made new friends, and wants to go again! Now you may say he is a lucky guy, but I think I am the luckiest. If you would like to show someone what an amazing 8 day looks like, please feel free to share this slideshow I am attaching to this review. Tight lines and who knows, maybe we'll see you at the rail sometime!

Awesome slideshow and sounds like a fantastic trip! Congratulations to you and your husband!!! May you have many, many years of these types of memories to look back on through your life together!!!

Tight lines!

Reactions: tee time girl
Upvote 0

JamesZ

Jun 25, 2018
Montana
Name
James Zachary
Boat
Kenner 23
Awesome!!! My fiancé loves fishing. She's from Orange. I'm from Long Beach. We met up here in Montana. Small world. This would be a DREAM honeymoon. Maybe after a few more surgeries etc. I can STRONGLY suggest something like this! Awesome editing too. Sucks the commenting is shut off. But hell yes! Badass trip and honeymoon. One of the top 3 boats too! I'm going to show her this post when I get home from the doctors today. 😍😎

Upvote 0

tee time girl

love to fish
Apr 18, 2006
Oregon
montereycompany.com
Name
Nicole
Boat
Your boat, not mine.
Awesome!!! My fiancé loves fishing. She's from Orange. I'm from Long Beach. We met up here in Montana. Small world. This would be a DREAM honeymoon. Maybe after a few more surgeries etc. I can STRONGLY suggest something like this! Awesome editing too. Sucks the commenting is shut off. But hell yes! Badass trip and honeymoon. One of the top 3 boats too! I'm going to show her this post when I get home from the doctors today. 😍😎
Didn’t know commenting was off. Get well, get strong, go fish!

Upvote 0

tunacraze

• Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat
    The Big Ones
    You picked a good trip to go on Nicole! Dave Berutich is a good friend and he was giving me updates from the rocks and the ridge. Then there was the bottom of the 9th bft bite at 11pm the final night! Wonderful variety and great fishing! Glad you guys had a great trip. They're not always like that!

Upvote 0

tee time girl

love to fish
    Apr 18, 2006
    Oregon
    montereycompany.com
    Name
    Nicole
    Boat
    Your boat, not mine.
    You picked a good trip to go on Nicole! Dave Berutich is a good friend and he was giving me updates from the rocks and the ridge. Then there was the bottom of the 9th bft bite at 11pm the final night! Wonderful variety and great fishing! Glad you guys had a great trip. They're not always like that!
    It was perfect and I can’t wait to go again! Dave was the coolest! Hope to catch up with him again someday

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

tee time girl

love to fish
    Apr 18, 2006
    Oregon
    montereycompany.com
    Name
    Nicole
    Boat
    Your boat, not mine.
    Awesome report and pictures! That's quite the honeymoon trip.

On the other hand - we're 16 replies deep and not one BD'er has bothered to ask Mrs. Tee Time if she has a sister?

What has happened to this place?
    None that like to fish and they asked me on my last post about what to buy my husband gearwise. As usual, the BDrs came through like clockwork!

• Haha
    Reactions: RockHopperNCKA
    Upvote 0

tee time girl

love to fish
    Apr 18, 2006
    Oregon
    montereycompany.com
    Name
    Nicole
    Boat
    Your boat, not mine.

097D2DDC-7179-4000-8085-47852048CC69.jpeg

I also need to mention that one thing I like about August trips is that the fish are all usually medium in size. I tried the cow fishing and it was fun, but the medium size and wide variety is more my speed :)
    Watch the WAHOO!!!

Reactions: streetnfish
    Upvote 0

hot tuna

May 7, 2007
    Tahoe
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    clawfoot tub
    Great trip report! Congratulations on that catch. Timing is everything!
    My saying, couples who fish together stay together…
    Many years of fishing and still enjoy every moment on the water together.

4240F314-D57F-4526-9FBA-510297D2FFB6.jpeg

Last edited:
    • Love
    Upvote 0

Glades Angel

Nov 15, 2020
    SoFla
    Name
    Robert M Rogers
    Boat
    Aquasport 215
    Absolutely a first class trip report and love story! Congrats to you both.
    For our honeymoon trip I took my bride tarpon fishing down in the Keys on my ancient Whaler, thank goodness that that the teak bench seats didnt leave septic splinters...we still did manage to leader her first poon...

Upvote 0