My 250th - Why I am here, on BD, perseverating

Dexter Outdoors

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Apologizing in advance, as this post does not strictly fit the forum topic. However, I certainly have enjoyed and learned from the many posts that are not strictly "reports." Comforted that there is the option to "like" posts, but no option to click a post as "I don't like this at all," so the only real risk is a hurt post-to-likes ratio.

This video is 2minutes and 55 seconds long. Some may find it resonates, others may not identify with it at all.

There was an invite on BD not long ago to enter a contest with a video of what inspires us to fish. I did not even make the finals, yet enjoyed learning iMovie, and putting together my thoughts on why it is that fishing, and now, particularly, long range fishing, gets so much of my attention. Based on what is posted here on BD, this passion is shared, particularly by those with orders of magnitude more posts.

My 250th:

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn on way to Florida
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    Great to have this short visit.
    Tight lines!

Reactions: locvetter
    Upvote 0

DC61

Dec 28, 2011
    Dana Point
    Name
    Paul L.
    Boat
    33’ Blackfin
    I really enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine the news from the doctor that caused you to sell all of your gear. It sounds as if you have a second lease on life and are taking every advantage of it. One of my favorite BD posts ever!

Upvote 0

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    I can only imagine the news from the doctor that caused you to sell all of your gear.
    Your comment reminds me of having just recently attended my 50th high school class reunion. There was my football coach -- fully mature, who responded to my comment that it was so great to see him: "Loc, it is better to be seen than viewed." Probably true.

Upvote 0

FishAcquisition

Pithy Statement to make me appear 😎
    Sep 19, 2005
    La Quinta
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Only Aspirations-not the name of my boat-just have aspirations
    Keep these coming!!!! Let’s see some video of split rings breaking, hooks bending, looks you have no shortage of ideas!!

OH, Ya. What does this mean???
    perseverating

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Loc, I'm a cancer survivor myself (10 years now) and I really appreciate your intensity of life! It's interesting how serious news affects some people. You are right, as you get older you aren't as strong or quick. But age and treachery will overcome fish! And I get more curious and experimental as I go along. When I was in my 20's I would walk onto a boat with a small hook pack and several assorted sinkers and would happily fish bait all day long. Now it is SO much more fun (even though less effective, usually) to try to fool them with something artificial.

Upvote 0

caveman

Almost A Member
    May 1, 2006
    windsor,ca
    Name
    charles boyd
    Boat
    20 ft. jetcraft,ciocc
    Loc, enjoyed your video immensely. Made me reflect on why I've had a lifelong passion for fishing, and reminded me of my bypass surgery shortly after an 8 day a few years back. I'll be on my two trips a year 'til I'm incapable of getting on the boat. Maybe an electric Reel is in my future...........

Upvote 0

Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Feb 12, 2011
    Fresno, CA
    Name
    David Rouse
    Boat
    Long range fishing
    Nice you were doing this for all of us to enjoy. I can hear it in your voice you enjoyed making it as much as I did watching it. Tight lines.... hope to share the rail with you again in the near future Loc.

Upvote 0

Guideoutpost

Big Dave's biggest bluefin
    May 26, 2018
    Ca
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    N/A
    I loved your video so much I had to share it with my wife. This helps me to explain my fishing passion (obsession).

She enjoyed the video too.

Upvote 0