Nuno Morao

Jun 6, 2015
Lisbon - Portugal
www.youtube.com
Name
Nuno Morao
Boat
ELVIRA - KAYAK - Hobie Adventure Island 2016 and Hobie Outfitter 2008
The Kayak was bought in May 2019, after 16 journeys spent on saltwater a video with best fishing moments, day and night. At video end the kayak evaluation and the improvements made during the period. The adaptation and learning curve with Outback (my 3rd kayak) was very fast as a result of previous experience.

John McKroid

Apr 24, 2018
Fort Lauderdale
Name
John McKroid
Boat
Hobie Pro Angler 14
Nice Catches! Congratulations on the Outback, it is a nice kayak with many innovative fishing features! It took me a while to get accustomed to it, but the extra half knot of speed over the Pro Angler can sometimes make a big difference. It looks like you added a larger rudder? I did not feel that was necessary, but one thing that really bothered me about my 2019 Outback was how frequently my fishing line would get jammed in the rudder. I never had that problem with the Pro Angler, but wow was it a hassle for me on the Outback. I lost fish strikes to it, and had to cut and re-tie my lines multiple times.

Reactions: Nuno Morao

Nuno Morao

Jun 6, 2015
Lisbon - Portugal
www.youtube.com
Name
Nuno Morao
Boat
ELVIRA - KAYAK - Hobie Adventure Island 2016 and Hobie Outfitter 2008
How did the line jammed into the ruder, while fighting the fish ? It never happened to me .The rude is useful with tidal current and strong current, better handling at slow speed.. and better drift control.
In Florida you have bigger and nicer fish and probably better sea conditions.

John McKroid

Apr 24, 2018
Fort Lauderdale
Name
John McKroid
Boat
Hobie Pro Angler 14
The line would get jammed in the rudder due to inattention on my part. The style of fishing where I have focused on vertical jigging a wreck, busy watching the fishfinder and jigging a lure, but always put out a second rod with a live or dead bait on a flyline (line with just a hook). Often the unattended line gets crossed under the rudder. On the PA, I just needed to peddle a little and pull the rudder up and it would go free. On the outback, that only works half the time, and sometimes I would have to crawl back on the backend to free it with both hands down on the rudder -- not a fun process in an open sea, and not an option when it gets rough.