Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn on way to Florida
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
So I've been a BDer for a long time.
But last few years less and less.
So I jumped back on the sell some chit as I just can't be on a boat.
And finally making the full time move out of state . I say this chit to let you know I'm not just some shit that used BD as there retail store. I loved BD.

But this last week has been a big fucking pain in the Ass.
Can't post pics like I use to.did find a way But it took effort.
Can't find my pm's or posts.
Then tonight can't spend a minute W/O getting a pop up to join Poo or whatever susi contests.
Hey BD! I don't want to sign up for the fucking contest.
Now I have talked to many BDers the last couple days as getting rid of my treasures. And almost all say the same thing. The site is s pain and almost not worth the time.
Now if you know anything about me you know I should never be aloud to touch anything computer or with a keyboard.
Clueless!

But I do know when I see a Is business going in the wrong direction.
If anyone cares.
Thanks guys for taking some of my junk and I'll keep at it this month as I find more.
Thanks

Ddowdy

Aug 4, 2005
Tustin
Name
Devin Dowdy
Boat
Any
I'm fucking pissed about having to avoid the double-click poke invitation. Finally clicked on it expecting it to stop. Nope. Fucking really? It is shameful to see what this forum is turning to knowing how it started.

Reactions: la vida and repo805
Upvote 0

RWP

Almost A Member
Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
As far as modern forums go, this one is actually fairly easy to use. I am on other forums that are plagued with so many software glitches that you can barely use them without throwing your phone.

I brought this up before, but I think one of the biggest issues is that TOO MANY of the features are turned on. There's so much going on, a lot of it is pointless and a lot of it is repetitive.

The other issue is the search is completely useless. Search for anything and 90% of the results are from the current or old classifieds.

The forum, old classifieds and new classifieds all need their own searches, or at least exclude the classifieds from the "everything" option of the search. Classifieds can easily be searched from their sections of the forum.

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
I spend less and less time on here now... Miss "the way we were"...

Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    If you are having problems with anything on the site you always have the option of contacting an admin before launching a public bitching session....I've been guilty of this. I've moved on from and have found a suggestion sent to an admin is appreciated. Several times I've got into a pretty good conversation with them and found them to be aware of issues and they are in the process of sorting them out. It's a complicated site and it simply takes time considering all aspects and ramifications of any action. Im sure covid hasn't made things speedier as all businesses have been negatively impacted. A big shout out to the admins for their behind the scenes hard work and having the best fishing site on the planet.

Reactions: One_Leg
    Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
    Jun 28, 2006
    El Cazonn on way to Florida
    Name
    Frank F
    Boat
    Boat-less (Sad)
    With the poke contest we pressed the wrong setting.
    Jason
    I know you spend all of you time and efforts to keep this site running and safe.
    How you do this and have not just pulled the plug says alot about you.
    And I should be banned from anything tec.
    F

Reactions: kbray001
    Upvote 0

RWP

Almost A Member
    Mar 31, 2021
    VB
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Kayak
    If you are having problems with anything on the site you always have the option of contacting an admin before launching a public bitching session....
    I really wouldn't call this a public bitching session. Posts like this are helpful to the community, and they open up a line of communication with other users who may just stop using the site out of frustration.

Reactions: plj46 and kbray001
    Upvote 0

jiggermyster

Goin' out...
    Dec 12, 2003
    So Cal
    Name
    Clay
    Boat
    n/a
    With the poke contest we pressed the wrong setting.
    deletekey9629334.jpg

Upvote 0
    Jun 10, 2004
    Jamul
    Name
    used to fish
    Boat
    17 Aquasport
    It has to be tough to run a "free" business and tougher in Covid times.
    I hear what your saying but BD has to have employees get paid somehow on a business that doesn't charge you during a time when our government pays people to stay home and do nothing.

Reactions: Phil mckracken
    Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
    Jul 15, 2005
    Poway Ca
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    No Boat Now
    Well the thing that really bugs me is this vote systems/leader board crap , people just post to be number one , so much just BULLSHIT on peoples posts now days....
    who cares who is number one or number 500 .... post on posts cause you have something valid to say about the thread NOT to get fuckin points to be number one or whatever you point system goals are... FUCK OFF LEADER BOARDS GO AWAY>

I agree a lot" la vida "most these latest changes truly suck i understand some are because of the we rules....
    I trust Jason is doing his best to make 'BD Great Again"

The classifieds are okay , not not being able to re instate a retired ad is BS there are so many retired ads in the classifieds its crazy....

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    How about the new feature similar threads at the end of a thread? Similar to what? That they’re in English? Most of them are not remotely similar, just some random crap some algorithm pumps out?

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    john
    Boat
    24 ft grady white
    Well the thing that really bugs me is this vote systems/leader board crap , people just post to be number one , so much just BULLSHIT on peoples posts now days....
    who cares who is number one or number 500 .... post on posts cause you have something valid to say about the thread NOT to get fuckin points to be number one or whatever you point system goals are... FUCK OFF LEADER BOARDS GO AWAY>

I agree a lot" la vida "most these latest changes truly suck i understand some are because of the we rules....
    I trust Jason is doing his best to make 'BD Great Again"

The classifieds are okay , not not being able to re instate a retired ad is BS there are so many retired ads in the classifieds its crazy....
    I keep getting notifications saying i'm number XYZ on the daily leader board ? I think i posted a couple of times and it shows up.Now i've moved up to 100 downvotes and have been asked to quit being an ass.There's a long list of users on there.Childish stuff IMO.Most of us are not teens playing a game.And please don't down vote this post,it hurts my feelings.

Yellowtail Dan

• Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Excel, American Angler
    I keep getting notifications saying i'm number XYZ on the daily leader board ? I think i posted a couple of times and it shows up.Now i've moved up to 100 downvotes and have been asked to quit being an ass.There's a long list of users on there.Childish stuff IMO.Most of us are not teens playing a game.And please don't down vote this post,it hurts my feelings.

Sorry, had to

Reactions: nefarious235

Mike_I

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 19, 2006
    Irvine
    Name
    Mike_I
    Boat
    Cabo 216 First Love
    I can't complain about this site since I can't complain about free. My only bitch is since this latest update the site runs very slow for me. It sometimes takes 2 to 3 seconds for something to happen after clicking, this gets frustrating real fast so I just log off and move on with life.

• Haha
    Reactions: Blackfish
    Upvote 0

Blackfish

Marble collector.
    Sep 20, 2005
    My Backyard
    Name
    Boat
    toy
    "It sometimes takes 2 to 3 seconds for something to happen after clicking, this gets frustrating real fast so I just log off and move on with life..."

1st world :D

Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    I just got the official “stop being an ass” notification. BD has turned into something really weird…

Upvote 0