Mustang or Dominator?

Fishnator

Sep 9, 2017
Alta Loma
Name
Fishnator
Boat
Fishnator
Looking to get on one of these boats tomorrow night. Never fished either one. I've heard good things about both just looking to the forum for your feedback. Thank you :-)

spongehead

"ONE FISH AT A TIME"
Sep 12, 2010
garden grove, ca
Name
David
Boat
Maria
Dominator is an accident waiting to happen... Imo i would go on the Mustang. Capt Taka Tanaka used to own that boat bit slow but superfishable and fishy.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say F I S H I N G ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I've never ridden the Mustang, but you could never pay me enough to ride the other one again.

Reactions: makairaa

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I agree with everyone else. Never been on the mustang, but I have ridden the dominator and will never again.

George Mara

Apr 22, 2015
OC
Name
Geo
Boat
Sold
Steve Gawitt runs the Mustang. Used to run the Pride. Fished on the Pride a few times in the past. Good captain. Lots of energy. Understands customer service. Never ridden the Mustang itself but would in a second considering him.

Benjamin Lau

Aug 29, 2016
SoCal
Name
Benjamin Lau
Boat
no boat
Dominator is an accident waiting to happen... Imo i would go on the Mustang. Capt Taka Tanaka used to own that boat bit slow but superfishable and fishy.
I booked the Dominator for 9/18 Monday night.
May I ask for more info on the Dominator?
Why is it an accident waiting to happen?
Is there anything I can bring to mitigate?

Thanks !

Benjamin

makairaa

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I booked the Dominator for 9/18 Monday night.
May I ask for more info on the Dominator?
Why is it an accident waiting to happen?
Is there anything I can bring to mitigate?

Thanks !

Benjamin
Do not know about the accident thing, but on my trip the crew sucked. One was an absolute ass, but at least he spent some time up looking for fish and paddies. The rest all just hung around on deck waiting for the captain to run over something. I can handle non-friendly crews. I just expect them to be trying hard to find fish.

Reactions: Benjamin Lau

Benjamin Lau

Aug 29, 2016
SoCal
Name
Benjamin Lau
Boat
no boat
Do not know about the accident thing, but on my trip the crew sucked. One was an absolute ass, but at least he spent some time up looking for fish and paddies. The rest all just hung around on deck waiting for the captain to run over something. I can handle non-friendly crews. I just expect them to be trying hard to find fish.
Philip,

Thanks for the info.

Benjamin

Fishnator

Sep 9, 2017
Alta Loma
Name
Fishnator
Boat
Fishnator
Looking to get on one of these boats tomorrow night. Never fished either one. I've heard good things about both just looking to the forum for your feedback. Thank you :-)
We ended up going on the Mustang. So I can give you feedback on this boat and this crew. They worked their asses off. Always looking for fish and paddies. Attentive on the tank. Helped folks get tied up and ultimately hooked up. The day was a grind only 1 fish and then Captain Steve took us into overtime. We were scheduled to return at 8pm. Actual time pulling into the dock around 10:15pm! Our overtime bite went WFO and we all got our limits. Captain Steve jumped in with the crew and fillet fish all the way back to the dock! They went above and beyond before we ever got into the fish. They gave it their all and even without the WFO bite I would return. Good attitudes by the crew and the cook killed it in the galley.
20170915_180658.jpg
20170915_180203.jpg
20170915_200512.jpg

Hamburglar

That Guy :(
Jul 29, 2012
San Diego
Name
J
Boat
None
Too lazy to look up, so not sure if I posted here, but this thread convinced me to hop the mustang that night, but family stuff happened I ran out of time to get down there.

Glad it panned out!