[email protected]

WESTERN FILAMENT, INC
630 Hollingsworth Street
Grand Junction, CO 81505 – USA
+1 970-241-8780
https://tuf-line.com/contact-us/

Friday, May 31, 2019

To our valued customers,

We are excited to announce that on Thursday, May 30, 2019 O. Mustad & Son AS, in partnership with its subsidiary company, O. Mustad & Son Americas, Inc. (“Mustad”), acquired TUF Line and all related fishing line brands from Western Filament. Through the acquisition, Mustad will forge a strategic partnership with Western Filament to continue to design, make, and distribute the highest quality braided fishing line in the world. This acquisition will be the first of many, allowing Mustad to serve its customers in a greater capacity in both product, service, and selection.

JohnTFT

Insomniac
Feb 11, 2007
The "718"
Name
John
Boat
A big Steel One
Mustad is on the move. They are introducing more lines to their offerings and are expanding their catalog.

ripped

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 5, 2007
Santa Barbara
Name
Gary
Boat
Vagabond
Wow... You can’t stop change or find a better company with long term goals. We all will be watching what happens. I’ve had good luck with Tufline, hoping for the same in the future.

stephen campbell

aka "Soup"
Jul 7, 2016
oro valley az
Name
Stephen Campbell
Boat
S/V Bluechablis Valiant 40
There are still hooks made in Norway available, new old stock on the bay, mrpeanut, and new manufacture at Mustad Fishing Europe. The wire and machinery for hook production in the orient all comes from Norway.

Reactions: Whalebreath

Bill W

tunaholic
Jan 12, 2006
Chino Hills, Ca.
Name
Bill Walsh
Boat
Red Rooster
Almost every time one company acquires another I end up disappointed in that product later. Hope that is not the case here...

Reactions: DesotoBound

Whalebreath

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 6, 2008
Vancouver BC
Name
Carl Z
Boat
Mustad is on the move. They are introducing more lines to their offerings and are expanding their catalog.
Yes some of their mono is surprisingly good stuff-not available here in Canada so I had to order it from Bulgaria (seriously)

JohnTFT

Insomniac
Feb 11, 2007
The "718"
Name
John
Boat
A big Steel One
Almost every time one company acquires another I end up disappointed in that product later. Hope that is not the case here...
When Shimano acquired Powerpro I was thinking the same.

There has been no drop off in quality and production with PP.