Badfish Pat

Average size "Member"
Apr 10, 2012
Seattle, Wa, USA
Name
Patrick
Boat
26' Boston Whaler Outrage "PAC-MAN"
Not sure if this has been posted already...

I looked at buying the auto-tether system last year (from Autotether) but decided against it as it didn't have great reviews and seemed like a bulky installation and device.

http://www.autotether.com/

I just found out that Fell Marine has released a new Man overboard system that ties into the kill switch. I put an order in this week and will report back on installation and functionality...

https://www.fellmarine.com/

Upvote 0

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    Lol, so that’s what goes on when your out there alone!

Upvote 0

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
    May 28, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
    I bought an AutoTether a number of years-ago, before the FELL option was available. It has been flawless for me, installation could not have been any easier, and I can move a single unit between boats and/or kickers as long as the kill switch is the same (Yamaha) type.

I mounted the "base unit" to my forward helm dash with self-adhesive Velcro, and have placed similar Velcro on my kicker as well. When I'm trolling solo, I move the base unit from the helm to the kicker. I figure I'm most-likely to fall-in if I'm trying to deploy/retrieve a downrigger ball, or when trying to reach a release. Kicker in gear, auto-pilot engaged, there's no way I'm going to be able to get back to the boat.

I agree something like either unit is a must for solo trips, or trips with only my young kids as crew. (Though my daughter will probably be old enough to learn how to drive/control the boat by next Summer.)

Upvote 0

fishbadger

• Apr 6, 2012
    WA
    Name
    fishbadger
    Boat
    .Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
    Big fan of the auto-tether so far. I hard-wired mine to the helm station, and it's performed perfectly for two seasons. Only mishap was battery in the fob unit dying at an inopportune time when navigating a narrow channel out of the harbor once, but it worked out OK.
    fb

Upvote 0