thomasfishing

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 3, 2006
westminster
Name
Thomas
Boat
1851 seaswirl striper WA & 2601 Striper
After going 1 for 23 the day before, I brought out my big guns. Stellas and trini 30A fully loaded with fresh 40lb Pline. Long story short, left the house at 5am and got back at 5pm. Squid again at Nachos. Same crew. Brother, Son, and Myself. Dismal 0 for 17. I think i'm gonna quick fishing for a while. Ok maybe a week. As for posting, those that don't know where the mussel farms is?, you can ask me as I don't mind sharing and for those that do know where it is, give it a try the fish are biting and when you hook one then you will know what I mean. So my grand total for 2 days of fishing. 1 for 40 on the yellows. Yes you can all say it all together. I SUCK at fishing but it sure beats a bad day at work. Sorry no pictures just a busted ego.

Otto

Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Mussel Farm equals Yellowtail ?

Dave Coopman

Well-Known "Member"
May 26, 2019
Anaheim
Name
Dave Coopman
Boat
Alumacraft
Don’t feel bad, if you can get them to bite 60 or 80 pound floro you may have a chance. Anyone that has never been there your comment is null and void.

AndyJ

Undocumented "Member"
May 8, 2008
Dana Point CA
Name
Andy Jakubas
Boat
1984 Cobalt DV 18.5
Sounds like goliath grouper fishing. You either stop and turn it now or it's gone, into the cables. Need to figure out a way to get bit and get the fish out of the cables into open water.

bbales

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 13, 2016
Seal Beach
Name
Brian Bales
Boat
17' Boston Whaler Montauk
Unfortunately fluorocarbon doesn't make a difference in this case, your main line is whats gonna fray on the cables and break.

wahoo_92606

Dec 19, 2008
Placentia/CA/Orange
Name
Sean
Boat
18 Panga
I fished there several times, typically anchored up current and dropped the fly lines toward the buoys. Locked the drag and set it to 2nd gears, pulled out the fish as soon it’s bit. Will try this again tomorrow and will see.

jimu

Dec 6, 2011
bellflower ca usa
Name
jim unger
Boat
stike zone
I fished there several times, typically anchored up current and dropped the fly lines toward the buoys. Locked the drag and set it to 2nd gears, pulled out the fish as soon it’s bit. Will try this again tomorrow and will see.
I think the problem is that they are much bigger fish than normal

Bold #7

Jun 23, 2009
ontario ca
Name
dave
Boat
parker
I was there yesterday> It's not a matter of what test you are using because when the bite then know to head right for the rope holding the mussells, you are not going to muscle them out of the mussels. I metered schooling fish up to 63 inches there yesterday which tells me there are large White Seabass in the mix.
IMG_0185.jpeg

eric m

Jul 8, 2016
huntington beach
Name
eric m
Boat
mojo
C
After going 1 for 23 the day before, I brought out my big guns. Stellas and trini 30A fully loaded with fresh 40lb Pline. Long story short, left the house at 5am and got back at 5pm. Squid again at Nachos. Same crew. Brother, Son, and Myself. Dismal 0 for 17. I think i'm gonna quick fishing for a while. Ok maybe a week. As for posting, those that don't know where the mussel farms is?, you can ask me as I don't mind sharing and for those that do know where it is, give it a try the fish are biting and when you hook one then you will know what I mean. So my grand total for 2 days of fishing. 1 for 40 on the yellows. Yes you can all say it all together. I SUCK at fishing but it sure beats a bad day at work. Sorry no pictures just a busted ego.
I don’t know where mussel farms is? Coordinates? Or directions? Any help is appreciated!! Thank you!!

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Nacho didn’t have squid today so we made macs n slow trolled two hours for nada, Only saw one angler snap one off other than that no bent poles, gang was all there even a knucklehead In a trophy tied off to one of the bouys🙃

AA625E4E-5989-443B-86AC-BE4CE64376C3.jpeg

slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
I actually had one on last wk, which I got to the surface, about 10' away from gaff. Looked easily 30 lb. It made one more run, then zing pow. I was fishing 30 and almost pulled it off. Almost. Mean fish!
Also saw 3 boats lose anchors there, anchored right next to the structure. Doh

ctmfish

Feb 2, 2010
Downey
Name
Cameron
Boat
Wellcraft V20
I've seen the 10-12 pounders landed there last year. could not imagine trying to get a 20+ pounder out of there. I too have been broken off a number of times, Should be called heart break farm! but worth a shot, good luck!

Reactions: Hippie

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
One for forty ? Maybe he's letting his bait swim around long enough for it wrap itself through the cables before it gets bit ? The fish in the first post is not that big and shouldn't be breaking 40 lb. that easy.Or he's trolling ? Or trying to keep some distracted from that Seabass bite that's going on.

Reactions: KID CREOLE