Murder in Bay of LA

fatoldcapt

Jun 28, 2012
Desert Hot Springs/CA/USA
Name
Aaron
Boat
none
Face book post by Jeff Grant on "BahiaDeLosAngeles.info" on facebook.

The bad news is true. Ray Ball and Jo Butler were murdered in their home south of town while trying to stop the theft of their fishing boat. Their bodies were found inside their home, along with that of their pet dog, but a baseball bat was found outside the house indicating the couple was marched back into the house and murdered. This does not bode well for the town. Violence against Americans has been escalating in the last few years with little or no response from authorities. The town elders and governing officials MUST do something quickly to solve this crime or dire consequences will follow

Additional: No info on the type of boat. Reports state that it got stuck in the sand. Speculation that the 2 assailants took off in two cars. No real facts, no suspects. I'm just sharing this because I've been going to the Bahia for many years and this is a real shock to me.

Willdoggy

Willing Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
IG = WetWillyBiz
Boat
Purr-Sea-Stance: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
Got a pm on this from Chris (Dogman) earlier this evening. The victims lived close to where his family’s place is and were friends to his family. Scary is an understatement since USA victims and property was the motivation. This definitely has me rethinking my Summer plans to BOLA.

Mo Betta

Offshore Prop Changer
Feb 6, 2003
El Cajon
youatplay.com
Name
Frank
Boat
25' Wellcraft sportsman "Mo Betta", 14' Livingston"Caballito"
Got a pm on this from Chris (Dogman) earlier this evening. The victims lived close to where his family’s place is and were friends to his family. Scary is an understatement since USA victims and property was the motivation. This definitely has me rethinking my Summer plans to BOLA.
Yup, I’m suppose to be there in about 10 days as our first stop down the peninsula. I’ll be watching how this goes down......

Reactions: DODGERS27

apple harbor

PINCHE GUERO
Mar 18, 2007
SEAL BEACH,BAJA MALIBU MEX
Name
anthony motshagen
Boat
26skipjack liki tiki
I was waiting for somebody else to post this ,before I got involved also last year an american in BOLA was beaten to death in his home.Here's a PIC of Ray Ball and JO Butler....Don't forget recent boat thefts against americans in Bola also ..I will still be going there but like I said in other post this is real shit things have changed.

BOLA COUPLE.png

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Wow, so sad, no answer. Probably to some. but can Google White House, is election time. Fits into gun writes weak gov discussion. Be nice if Trump got a steady diet of messages about this. Thousands of those idiots waiting to replace those that are arrested. Mexico isn't capable of keeping pressure on, or bringing peso back. Poverty=
Crime

Dogman619

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 6, 2012
Bahia de los Angeles. Spring Valley
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
Yesterday early morn! About 130 am sounds like. There is a sqnoticias link on nomads. In Spanish but states the time of the police call. This is going to shake that bay up and pray and hope there really is justice for these two wonderful people.

fullclip

Well-Known "Member"
May 15, 2008
Upland ca
Name
jeremy
Boat
Mushroom 26 prosport
http://sqnoticias.com/single.php?id=2022
Here is the link to the article in Spanish.
Not too much information in the article that wasn’t stated above. Basically 2 Americans assisanated in their home after trying to stop the theft of their boat. They were shot.
While trying to find this I ran across another article about a 75 year old American citizen that was beaten to death I believe in January of this year in Bay of LA.

Reactions: 5150

mulegemike

Well-Known "Member"
May 7, 2012
Mission Viejo
Name
Mike
Boat
Skipjack 262 "Pescadero"
I love Baja but this stuff is happening too often lately. My deepest sympathy to the families and friends of this couple.

jsl

Oct 8, 2005
Ontario
Name
Scott
Boat
none
Condolences to the slained. May justice be served on the fucking animals responsible

Ted snellen

Dec 30, 2011
Seal beach ca us
Name
Ted
Boat
Pinta
Just talked to Bill Boyce this morning who has a house just south of town. He told me Ray was one of his best friends for over 40 years.He had to notify the family about the deaths. He says all the high-ranking authorities are now involved including Kiko the governor. I hear they're launching a big investigation to apprehend the sons of bitches. The bodies will be taken to sq for cremation then back to LA Bay to spread the ashes. Very sad situation. I'm guessing these are the same people who stole a boat in Gonzaga earlier this year and also one in La Bay they were both moored on buoys. My guess is they weren't from the mainland if they had cars to get away with. This has really brought a dark cloud over this pristine area. Need to catch these guys and have Justice served

Dean Roy

Feb 21, 2017
Boyle heights
Name
David S
Boat
None
My thoughts and prayers go out the family. I grew up in East Los Angeles in the 90's one of the lessons I learned early was, When it is your time, it is your time.

Reactions: amnajar

Dogman619

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 6, 2012
Bahia de los Angeles. Spring Valley
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
I've already got friends that have now cancelled trips because of this. Hopefully the captains and town come together. Catch these guys, make an example and a point. No one should get away with this no matter who they are related too.. Otherwise I think everyone will suffer from sportfishing, eco tours to the stores and hotels who rely on us year and year again...

Last edited:

tunacraze

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 27, 2006
Santee
Name
Steve Brunton
Boat
The Big Ones
That's just tragic. What a senseless act! My heart goes out to their friends and family...RIP.

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
RIP. Sounds like they were a really nice couple.

Would seem that possibly one of the victims might have recognized or known one of the murderers/thieves.

Reactions: 619Fishing

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
My thoughts exactly, somebody they knew ,
Sad, get out of there guys, no safety no money, Feds need to get nasty till someone talks.

No Cal Lou

No Cal Lou
Oct 1, 2009
Green Valley, Az
Name
Lou Salatich
Boat
none
Mexico is well on the path to becoming a failed state. My own destinations and method of travel have change over the years. I use to drive and travel all over Mexico but now I only fly to Cabo and stay in hotels from the East Cape to Cabo.

Reactions: pascuale