Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
My wife and I are re-locating to San Diego at the end of July. We've been down several times for short vacations and even went out on a charter (got skunked, LOL!)

I'm hoping to find some guys or gals in the area who can introduce us to the wide variety of fishing. Unfortunately, I have to leave my boat in Washington, so will be shore bound, but we've heard there is some really good shore fishing available.

If anyone would like to get in touch and do some fishing together (my wife is also an avid fisherwomen) that would be great.

You can send me a message here on the board, or to my email at: [email protected]

Thanks, looking forward to some awesome fishing.

Perry

Upvote 0

Professionull1

San Diego, CA
Jun 17, 2019
San Diego
Name
Alex
Boat
Barfy
If you're moving to San Diego congrats, most of us have to move out of this paradise and or live with family to survive.

It won't take you long to realize that fishing here is much easier then Washington... The water is warmer in which case you're happy and so are the fish.

At this time, look for sand crabs and scoop them up as bait, otherwise if willing, there is a ton of ghost shrimp to use if you want to use some elbow grease that will produce some great fishing when the time is right from the shore.

Good luck to you and the wife, the fishing here on a bad day is always a good day depending on the way you look at it (1 fish on deck).

Reactions: Bay wolf
Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Perry, do you still have your Arima?

I’m not in San Diego, but I’m not to far either. Hit me up

Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
If you're moving to San Diego congrats, most of us have to move out of this paradise and or live with family to survive.

It won't take you long to realize that fishing here is much easier then Washington... The water is warmer in which case you're happy and so are the fish.

At this time, look for sand crabs and scoop them up as bait, otherwise if willing, there is a ton of ghost shrimp to use if you want to use some elbow grease that will produce some great fishing when the time is right from the shore.

Good luck to you and the wife, the fishing here on a bad day is always a good day depending on the way you look at it (1 fish on deck).

Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
Thanks for the great information! I've fished for surfperch here in WA with sand shrimp, so I will definitely give the sand crabs a go. Where do you get the sand shrimp from?

Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
Hi Bob,

I just sold the Arima unfortunately. Still in denial about that. We are going to be renting a Townhouse in Rancho del Rey, but I'm always willing to travel. Here is my email address so we can connect: [email protected]

Thanks.
Perry

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
Wanna do some surf fishing in Imperial Beach?
Sure!!
We will be moving at the end of July. It will take a couple of days for us to get the furniture and stuff moved in and then we will be ready to go. Here is my email so we can stay in contact:
[email protected]

Thanks

Perry

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Hi Bob,

I just sold the Arima unfortunately. Still in denial about that. We are going to be renting a Townhouse in Rancho del Rey, but I'm always willing to travel. Here is my email address so we can connect: [email protected]

Thanks.
Perry

I fish San Diego predominantly, but I’ll go north now and then, fishing Catalina and the Long Beach area.

If you miss your Arima, mine will probably be up for sale soon. I have a Skipjack that better fits the family that is in need of some $$$ love.

I can email you but to be honest, I hardly check it. I’m on here like a whore on the corner

Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
I fish San Diego predominantly, but I’ll go north now and then, fishing Catalina and the Long Beach area.

If you miss your Arima, mine will probably be up for sale soon. I have a Skipjack that better fits the family that is in need of some $$$ love.

I can email you but to be honest, I hardly check it. I’m on here like a whore on the corner
Thanks Bob,
Sounds like you do a lot of fishing in and around the area. Since we are going to be renting a townhouse, there’s really no place for me to park an Arima. But once I get on the ground things may change. I’d be happy to at least look at pictures.
What kind of Arima are you driving?

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Thanks Bob,
Sounds like you do a lot of fishing in and around the area. Since we are going to be renting a townhouse, there’s really no place for me to park an Arima. But once I get on the ground things may change. I’d be happy to at least look at pictures.
What kind of Arima are you driving?

I don’t fish nearly as much as I’d like to, but I’ve fished from Palos Verdes, to Ensenada on my 17’ Sea Ranger. And the local islands too.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
0F24887C-4CF7-40DB-89E9-EE93037AC8E8.jpeg
0031D182-0AC8-4BAA-8892-BAE144257196.jpeg

Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
I try to get out every Tuesday morning on a half day morning trip
Out of seaforth
Feel free to join us if you like
I try to get out every Tuesday morning on a half day morning trip
Out of seaforth
Feel free to join us if you like
Thanks for the offer. I couldn't turn down a great offer like that.
I'll contact you after we get settled and see if we can get together.
Here's my email if that's easier to stay in touch.
[email protected]

Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
Bob,
Nicely outfitted. Sure looks fishy.

Reactions: Arima-bob
Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
My wife and I are re-locating to San Diego at the end of July. We've been down several times for short vacations and even went out on a charter (got skunked, LOL!)

I'm hoping to find some guys or gals in the area who can introduce us to the wide variety of fishing. Unfortunately, I have to leave my boat in Washington, so will be shore bound, but we've heard there is some really good shore fishing available.

If anyone would like to get in touch and do some fishing together (my wife is also an avid fisherwomen) that would be great.

You can send me a message here on the board, or to my email at: [email protected]

Thanks, looking forward to some awesome fishing.

Perry

Small Jetty between the ocean beach pier and dog beach, dig out the meat of a mussel and cast it out at low tide.

Upvote 0

Bay wolf

Doc
Jan 11, 2013
Graham WA
Name
Bay Wolf
Boat
Bay Wolf
Thanks guys for all the great tips and offers. Things are moving quickly now, and we should be in our new digs and getting settled in by mid-Aug. Looking forward to meeting up with you and, of course, enjoying some great warm water fishing adventures!

Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Congrats. Rancho del rey (Chula vista) is a cool suburban area.

Upvote 0