Moving from strip to drag on VISX20

PENN

locvetter

• Mar 24, 2015
    Name
    Loc Vetter
    Boat
    Loc Vetter Casting
    Loved the size and function of my new VISX20 on my recent 18 day trip. This was the reel's first outing. I did love having the position "strip" on the lever, as so often I wanted easy access to more line with no risk of overrun/tangle. It was the case, however, that moving from strip to the drag section of the lever positions was quite hard. Had to really get behind the lever and push. I think it may have loosened a bit over the course of the trip, but not much, and I would certainly prefer an easier transition. There was only one other VISX20 on the boat but it had been "Cal'd," so comparison was not clear. This other one was definitely easier to transition.

Comments??

Reactions: Tailtaker
    Upvote 0

tunanorth

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Dec 4, 2005
    By the lake
    Name
    Tunanorth
    Boat
    Bass Tracker 16
    I only have one 20VISX, but it seems "normal" to me, as does my 30VISX [the 30VISX sideplate is identical], but if possible, you may go into a tackle shop and try one of theirs just to compare.
    "Strip" is definitely supposed to be an "indent" stop, and not just keep going with no resistance.

Upvote 0

InDeepShip

Nov 5, 2017
    SD
    Name
    Adam
    Boat
    N/A
    Loved the size and function of my new VISX20 on my recent 18 day trip. This was the reel's first outing. I did love having the position "strip" on the lever, as so often I wanted easy access to more line with no risk of overrun/tangle. It was the case, however, that moving from strip to the drag section of the lever positions was quite hard. Had to really get behind the lever and push. I think it may have loosened a bit over the course of the trip, but not much, and I would certainly prefer an easier transition. There was only one other VISX20 on the boat but it had been "Cal'd," so comparison was not clear. This other one was definitely easier to transition.

Comments??
    Maybe sent it in for a service. It can't hurt

Upvote 0