Mounting a transducer to a bracket...

BNaks

Dec 6, 2009
Mililani/HI/USA
Name
Brandon
Boat
Baby Hawk
Does anyone have a clue how I'm supposed to mount this transducer to this bracket? My guess is to mount it to something first then mount it to the bracket, but what?

Attachments

aj1976

Apr 14, 2008
kaneohe
Name
aj
Boat
23 Seacraft
I don't think it will fit on that bracket. I just removed an old furuno 4 pin transducer from my boat and it looks like it would fit that bracket -- got two bolts on the outside and about a 3/4" hole in the middle. The transducer screws right thru the middle hole and has a fairing block. thats about it.

da reel man

Jan 22, 2008
hawaii
Name
cuz
Boat
21 alii kai
the p[ic kinda hard to see but do the screws line up? or is that a threaded thru hull type? is the transducer threaded? looks like the pipe needs to be relocated on the plate and a hole for the ducer to go thru the plate

force21

Oldie
Mar 3, 2009
Kailua Hi USA
Name
Glenn
Boat
21 Force JAYMIELYN
That bracket is for the older style transducers...the transducer you have is "thru hull" mount. Check with Universal, they may help with suggestions or modifications to your bracket.

kaimikai

Oct 17, 2007
kauai
Name
hank
Boat
my boat is gone....sigh...
force21 is rite...the two dont match....univerasal should have a template to modify the bracket...it is worth the effort, those brackets are deep enough to be in "clean" water.....no air bubbles....and will give you a great picture on your screen.....careful that you dont do any unintentional ahi relaeases on the bracket when leadering....

BNaks

Dec 6, 2009
Mililani/HI/USA
Name
Brandon
Boat
Baby Hawk
Thanks for the responses, I was hoping I could just use the fairing and maybe a 3 in. Cutting board spacer or something to fill the gap. Anyway, I guess I'll give universal a call and see what they can do for me. Hopefully it won't look like I'm dragging a bucket through the water.