CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
Feb 5, 2011
Opelika Al USA
Name
quinn
Boat
exel last, next?
I know this has been addressed before but since I didn't need it, I wasn't paying attention. If I move before my trip and it looks like this will probably happen. I will fly in the day before and stay the night, any body do this before, I'm sure ,suggestions? I know the vagabond is one, do they have a airport shuttle? parking? {the guy who's bringing my tackle might like a "deal' if staying gets me one} is there place'es to eat within walking distance? dinner/ breakfast?

Upvote 0

NaplesJohn

Never Forget 343
Jun 9, 2010
Port Aransas, TX, USA
Name
John
Boat
Wilderness Systems T-160...and just sold the boat!!!
Vagabond is great, same side of the street as the landings. Push your cart right up to the access gate by the pool. Cheap taxi from airport to hotel. Plenty of good eats within walking distance. "Usually" you can park at Vagabond while on your trip, think they charged 5 bucks a day last September. Like boats, everyone will have an opinion on hotels, so you should come away w/ plenty of info.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
hell, you can walk from the airport to the landings to stretch your legs if you don't have a big bag.It's about 1 1/2 miles at most....about a 20 minute stroll.Then there are probably 20 places to eat with in a half mile of the vag.

Upvote 0

Elitetv1958

Sep 20, 2005
Las Vegas
Name
Dan
Boat
Music, Red Rooster, America Angler, Polaris Supreme
Comfort Inn across from Fishermans Landing is nice. Usually reasonably priced. Free breakfast in the morning...with waffles! You can push a cart across the street for your gear.

Upvote 0

Chasntuna

Aug 12, 2008
South Carolina
Name
Brian
Boat
The one I choose to ride.
Plenty of hotels, plenty of food. Check out Red Sails In on Shelter Island Drive. Also a good mex joint but don't know the name. Right across the landing is a good breakfast joint - I think it's called the Red Hen (??) it's joined up to a hotel - good breakfast though.

Upvote 0

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
At the Pt. Loma Vagabond hotel, you are RIGHT NEXT to the landings(100 yards or so). A lot of Long Range anglers stay at the Vag, and it is nice to meet some who may be going on the same trip as you. I live in Utah now, but I stay at the Vagabond when I go to San Diego the night before my trips leaves. There are many restaurants within walking distance of the Hotel. Just be sure you book at the PT. LOMA VAGABOND, as there is another Vagabond hotel in Mission Valley, more than a few miles from the landings.
When you call to make reservations, as for any discounts and let them know you are going out on a Long Range boat. I think a lot of their business is from Long Ranger Anglers.

Upvote 0

walkerman

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 7, 2008
Ventura
Name
Steve
Boat
n/a
Tell them you want a ground floor room in the back. Then you can back up to your front door and unload for the night....don't leave your rods/reels etc in your car at night.

Upvote 0

pooahl

Paul
Jun 9, 2009
Sacramento
Name
Paul
Boat
usually long range
My buddy and I stayed at the Dolphin last month just before and after an 8 day. Good service; clean; simple. Not fancy at all, but we were there to fish. Wifi worked fine. We saved a few bucks over the Vagabond, where we've also stayed before with good results.

Upvote 0

HotFlash

Jun 17, 2008
San Jose
Name
Gene
Boat
25 Farallon
"Usually" you can park at Vagabond while on your trip, think they charged 5 bucks a day last September.

I have stayed at the Vagabond many time and its in a great location. but this year i went for the Ramada since the Vagabond no longer lets you park there during your fishing trip. Ramada said it was 7 bucks a night to park in their lot. Person on the phone At Vagabond said new owners will no longer let people park while they go fishing.
If you got no car or can park in the landings the Vagabond a good please to stay.

Ramada used to have a bar but its gone now.

There is also the Halliday inn just up the street. Nice rooms, pool, restaurant short walk to landings and last time i was there they had a park and go room rate.

Upvote 0

XL1

XL1
Aug 26, 2011
usa
Name
XL
Boat
www.excelsportfishing.com
The Holiday Inn has an airport shuttle, runs on the half hour. They will also shuttle you and your Gear to the landing on the morning of your departure. Be sure to book the on across form Fisherman's landing. There are lots of choices for hotels and food. Food; the pearl on rosecrans, mitchs at the landing, Pizza nova (landing) , famous jimmys (landing), point loma seafood (landing), umi sushi on shelter island.

Upvote 0