Inshore Morro bay

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
Took a couple buddies out of morro bay today. Got some nice reds and lings. Blues and gophers. Plan on. Got few buddies local here I'm taking tomorrow. Giving salmon a shot tomorrow fir a bit. Then switch over to rockfishing if no luck. Quite few boats out scratching Nd many commercial trollers. Heard of few caught but not akit of chatter. I'll shoot around to psl fir few hours to see if it's better there. Found lots of anchovies in about 100ft water outside the rock. Saw lots bait balls and heard alot others saying same but no fish. Dodnt take much fir pics. Mostly go pro. Here's a buddy with one of the nice reds.

IMG_20220521_113614.jpg

Jun 4, 2020
SoCal
Name
Steveooo
Boat Name
None
I’m waiting on itinerary to fly out to work so it’s messed up my fishing plans as I don’t want to be a flake if I make a plan and then have to fly out. Really want to get out for some salmon

Reactions: John Stidman

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
Well any salmon out there and how were the swells. I plan on launching from morro Wednesday and doing the same
Trying for salmon and no luck get some rockfish. Thanks a lot for any info:)
Wind picked up about noon. Layer back down late afternoon. About 12mph. Fishable but fast drift. Swells were small til later in day. All in a. Wasn't a bad day. This was the early part of the day. You canvsee it wasn't too bad. Sunday . Sat was better and sunny.

IMG_20220522_072725.jpg

IMG_20220522_072732.jpg

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
Any salmon reports lately for morro bay?
Not that anyone will share. Port San Luis launch fb page showed one caught last week. This time last year was when I was actually getting limits furc3 tov4 guys I less than hour out by that red can straight out. If it wasn't so close to wsb going wide open any day. I'd be over there trying. But the islands are calling me.

Reactions: pete j
Upvote 0

Buttchaser

Fresh One!
Jul 3, 2004
BD Outdoors
Name
John
Boat Name
None
Any salmon reports lately for morro bay?
I fished on the black pearl a few weeks ago , one guy had a salmon to color they released it !
FYI channel islands boats caught 110 WSB yesterday
I’m On the mirage for the next few days hopefully the seabass cooperate

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
I fished on the black pearl a few weeks ago , one guy had a salmon to color they released it !

I’m On the mirage for the next few days hopefully the seabass cooperate
Let me know how u do. My bday is sat and ill be fishing Sat and sun trying for wsb.

Upvote 0

John Stidman

Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
Was that salmon a short? They only need to be 20" now I thought...
It's possible that it was caught with barbed hook. My uncke caught one once on virgs boat rockfishing, since it wasn't barbless he had to release it. But that was about 5 yrs ago or so.

Reactions: hawkeye12
Upvote 0