OFFTHEHOOK

Feb 12, 2007
Santa Barbara
www.youtube.com
Name
Owen
Boat
Steady Drift
Finally got a break in the weather, what has seemed to be the never ending wind month. We loaded up the skiff and made our way up to Morro Bay at 3:30am from Santa Barbara. We arrived at the launch ramp with a line of other boats ahead of us. After launching the skiff around 7 we aimed down the beach and in tight. Seemed to be a bit a of life and nice current break. We picked up our first fish by 7:30am. The conditions were great, the water was blue and cold with little kelp in the water. Kept it old school with the cannonball release tacit. All of our fish were in 190 to 200 ft of water down 100 to 130ft. Fish bit the green and white apex and anchovies. Couple doubles made it super fun and went 4 for 5 for a half day of fishing. Enjoy the video below!

Last edited:

Then

Apr 7, 2012
Santa Cruz CA
Name
Tristen
Boat
Reel Hooker 228 Grady White
That is a great video! Love it. And best news of all is the fish haven't migrated north yet.

4L2NA

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 14, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Name
Larry
Boat
25' Davis RHLC, D4, FinAddict
Great Vid guys! Liked the fact you showed what you were catching them on...and your good luck charm... lol. Congrats on an epic fishing day out of Morro, and one of those rare pancake flat days too! Looks like locals only reg thing has been lifted?

Reactions: OFFTHEHOOK

OFFTHEHOOK

Feb 12, 2007
Santa Barbara
www.youtube.com
Name
Owen
Boat
Steady Drift
Great Vid guys! Liked the fact you showed what you were catching them on...and your good luck charm... lol. Congrats on an epic fishing day out of Morro, and one of those rare pancake flat days too! Looks like locals only reg thing has been lifted?
The old school rigs still work, the good luck charm is staying on the boat for good hahah. They didn't say a word at the ramp!

Reactions: joe pimentel

Tom123

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 31, 2020
LA
Name
Tom Furukawa
Boat
None
Sweet video. I was in a trance watching it. Looks like Bogachampa lured 'em in. She's earned her seat on the boat. Beautiful fish.

Let's go! Let's go!

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Cool vid! Made it look wide open, but it wasn't for anyone else!
What were those flashers? The kinda pink one? Hadn't seen that one before
Thanks

OFFTHEHOOK

Feb 12, 2007
Santa Barbara
www.youtube.com
Name
Owen
Boat
Steady Drift
Cool vid! Made it look wide open, but it wasn't for anyone else!
What were those flashers? The kinda pink one? Hadn't seen that one before
Thanks
Haha thank you! We have been using lighthouse lures flashers, he’s out of Vancouver I believe. They are amazing, check them out!

Reactions: charliecat

hawkeye12

Aug 19, 2016
lompoc,ca
Name
clark
Boat
1802 trophy