Morro Bay OOpsie

SonoranSlayer

Mar 28, 2015
Name
Craig Shannon
Boat
47' Viking Sportfisher, 28' Kingfisher
This pic is from a day or two ago from a buddy showing that you always want to unshackle boat from trailer when trailer tires and boat are in the water. (not his boat)
Safety post to shake the rust off for this season

7765 2.jpeg

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
nice gelcoat streak on the ramp...

Reactions: marlyn

woodfish330

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Moments before...His best friend said....."of course I've done this a thousand times....you get in...I'll back you in the water.... and shake the boat off". No problem.....lol. LIAR!
o_O

Reactions: dalurker

stella marina

Nov 21, 2011
santa cruz
Name
Andrew
Boat
Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
I've never understood why people unchain their boat above the launch...I've seen this happen at the ramp more than once...nothing like the sound of a boat grinding on concrete. ouch!

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
if you do insist on un chaining the bow youat the very least need to smoothly back down with out stopping suddenly

kag0331

Nov 12, 2012
Paso Robles, CA
Name
Kevin G
Boat
None
Those fancy boats have the roller trailers you can’t unhook the nose...me personally I run a much shittier boat and trailer I unhook it and send it every time never had a problem.. lol
That looks like my worst nightmare!

aquaholic

Sep 19, 2003
Santa Barbara, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
Anderson 22
We were launching right behind him. He had one of those pvc slick rail trailer bunks. It looked to me like the truck started to slip when backing down so he hit the brakes. Really sickening sound of that boat grinding on the ramp.

Reactions: kbray001

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
We were launching right behind him. He had one of those pvc slick rail trailer bunks. It looked to me like the truck started to slip when backing down so he hit the brakes. Really sickening sound of that boat grinding on the ramp.
I saw someone with those bunk slides do the exact same thing at katherines landing at lake mohave last summer.