Morro Bay Boat Ramp

beskew171

Apr 29, 2018
Kingsburg
Name
Bryan Eskew
Boat
Hobie Outback
Heard from a very reliable source today that the boat ramp will be opening tonight. This is consistent with San Luis Obispo county's most recent COVID-19 update. Per the update: "Recreational fishing, via personal boat and/or rented boats and private charters are allowed. All physical distancing must be adhered to which may result in fewer people being in a boat or on a charter than maximum capacity would otherwise allow. Fishing suppliers may conduct sales through curbside pickup or deliver/shipping". Not sure about the launch at Port Avila but I am sure they will not be far behind.

Tboss19

May 15, 2019
SLO
Name
Matt
Boat
Davis
Heard from a very reliable source today that the boat ramp will be opening tonight. This is consistent with San Luis Obispo county's most recent COVID-19 update. Per the update: "Recreational fishing, via personal boat and/or rented boats and private charters are allowed. All physical distancing must be adhered to which may result in fewer people being in a boat or on a charter than maximum capacity would otherwise allow. Fishing suppliers may conduct sales through curbside pickup or deliver/shipping". Not sure about the launch at Port Avila but I am sure they will not be far behind.
I heard that as well. Thanks for the info

John Stidman

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat
26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
Harbor patrol says for residents only and having a meeting to open up for everyone or re close. Not sure what going on.

beskew171

Apr 29, 2018
Kingsburg
Name
Bryan Eskew
Boat
Hobie Outback
Dang. Heard some chatter that MB officials are concerned that if MB is the only launch around there will be a huge influx of people from out of town....especially when salmon opens. What they don't realize is that it is rare that MB has a hot bite for salmon and with some bay area launches open those fishermen set on salmon will go there instead.

John Stidman

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat
Port San Luis launch posted yesterday on Their fb page they will open friday 24th to public. They have rules and guidelines posted as well. That's where I usually go for salmon. But I think fish and game postponed salmon season til 1st may. Not for sure.

Reactions: Tboss19

pete j

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 17, 2012
lompoc ca usa
Name
pete
Boat
Slayliner
You might want to make sure its open to the public. Last I saw you had to live in san luis obispo county.

John Stidman

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat
You might want to make sure its open to the public. Last I saw you had to live in san luis obispo county.

Not sure about morrow launch. But port san Luis said they are not checking id.only 30 boats at once or day. You can see all the info on their fb page.

pete j

Mar 17, 2012
lompoc ca usa
Name
pete
Boat
Slayliner
Thanks for the info. just read on yahoo newsom might close all beaches friday:mad: Im going out today

back bay

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 10, 2015
Slo
Name
peter
Boat
24 radon 17 whaler
Morro Bay is checking IDs locals only!! I went out Saturday

Laukia

boss
Nov 30, 2004
Carpinteria
Name
Dave R
Boat
28' Carolina Classic
Morro Bay Launch Ramp –
COVID-19 Precautions
(Effective MAY 1, 2020 Until Further Notice)
Morro Bay Harbor Department will conduct a trial opening of the public boat launch ramp in order to provide recreational fishing opportunities. In order for the launch ramp to remain open, we MUST adhere to the State and County Shelter at Home Orders which specify recreating in your own neighborhood and limiting discretionary travel.
• The launch ramp will be open to recreational and commercial vessels with restricted hours each day from 6am to 4pm.
• The Fish Cleaning Station and Rinse Down Station are CLOSED, you must clean your fish and boat at home.
• Physical distancing guidelines must be followed to the greatest extent possible and face masks are encouraged when outside your vehicle.
• Parking Fees will be collected for the yellow trailer stalls. $6 per day or annual pass available at the Harbor Office.

back bay

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 10, 2015
Slo
Name
peter
Boat
24 radon 17 whaler
Yeah I went Saturday locals only there’s no fish here it’s all in Monterey

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Yeah, still checking ID's, couple valley guys drove 2/3 hours to get turned away.
Still was a shit show, parking lot full and a dumped parker on the ramp. Poor guy.
Then to top it off, fishing sucked with almost no salmon caught and rockfish really slow. South swell kinda pumping and huge tides making things worse. Wish it was open up north. Couple whales around, but seems to be no bait.

Reactions: back bay

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Face masks required EXCEPT for F n G, who come right up to everyone and board and check licenses, fish, gear etc. WTF? So now you have a state employed vector contacting face to face and touching everyones' stuff who is there.
I'm all for the distancing, and would like the state employees to follow suite.

Tom W

Sep 27, 2014
Name
Tom
Boat
NitaMarie 22' Robalo
Maybe everyone already knows this but this came from a local newspaper. Sounds like it’s not locals only anymore.
“After a near month-long closure followed by a restricted, locals-only reopening, Morro Bay Harbor Department opened its ramp to all members of the general public and discontinued its restriction on out-of-towners on May 1, just in time for the first day of salmon season”

Reactions: pete j

pete j

Mar 17, 2012
lompoc ca usa
Name
pete
Boat
Slayliner
Thanks Tom. I just asked that question about boat ramps on another site yesterday

Aug 6, 2016
Pismo Pier
Name
Goatee
Boat
Golden Goat
Yeah it’s open to all but it’s sad what the out of towners have done to our community the last few weekends. All the beaches have been covered in trash the Embarcadero, coycus, Pismo, and Avila. If you come here pleas clean up after your self.

Yeah its bullshit, I took a kruz through downtown pismo today and the tourists are everywhere... we might as well open up and take all there money to pay for there mess!