Offshore More cows on the Tanner.

gernsey

[img]http://www.bloodydec
May 5, 2004
Puerto Vallarta Mexico and Channel Islands Ca.
Name
Matt Gerns
Boat
21' Anderson Greenuogh "Liv alittle"
Made the long run to the Tanner for a couple nice fish. We stopped at Catalina on the way to make some fresh flyers then off to the bank at 4am. There were lots of fish being caught by the private fleet all day.We got our first fish with in 5 mins upon arriving at the bank.We hooked another fish that pulled the hook around noon, then it really got going around 3pm.It seemed the whole fleet was bit .We got our third fish boated at 7pm then made the run to NW harbor before a good size thunder storm came over the bank.lots of wind and lightning.Plenty of fish out there.

8781C529-E20C-4BB2-B264-62DA64879F6E.png

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1347.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg

IMG_4776.jpeg

IMG_4790.jpeg

Last edited:

gernsey

May 5, 2004
Name
Matt Gerns
Boat
Dude....thats a beast for sure. Happy to see the moon.... bait.... tide..... and fish.... decide to show. All kite fish??

Great post....great picts.... and congratulations!!
Dude....thats a beast for sure. Happy to see the moon.... bait.... tide..... and fish.... decide to show. All kite fish??

Great post....great picts.... and congratulations!!
Never got the kite out.Drifting live flyers.

Upvote 0

julian75

Feb 3, 2014
Name
julian
Boat
20' skipjack
That’s the great part about that harness no shoulder pain. The fight is powered by your bottom half. You only use you arms to reel. Oh yah and to catch your self if the line pops lol.

Reactions: gernsey
Upvote 0

skipjack

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Oct 20, 2004
    santa maria
    Name
    skip
    Boat
    2320 Parker "Donna Marie"
    Awesome catches,nice big fish.
    Adam on the Double Cross was out there and did pretty good,I think he saw you guys.

Last edited:
    Reactions: gernsey
    Upvote 0

Jeff Hannah

HALIMOTO
    Sep 9, 2016
    Hb
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Play the Red
    Also please have respect for the commercial guys out making a living and if your considering doing it have respect for those that are better than you or have done it longer and learn from what you can observe from a distance as you find another area to work don’t be an asshole and have respect on the water you wouldn’t go to a construction site and drive over a freshly poured slab and just think that it’s all good someone did all that hard work and it’s not all fun all the time on the water when your trying to pay the bills so recognize drift patterns breezers commercial boats and GTFO of the way and find your own tuna they are abundant if you do your homework and don’t be surprised if you get yelled at driving over fish someone is catching for a living I think tuna fishing should be fun but rarely are there not more fish in the ocean and nearby if you try harder and get your hrs on the water !

gernsey

May 5, 2004
    Name
    Matt Gerns
    Boat
    Also please have respect for the commercial guys out making a living and if your considering doing it have respect for those that are better than you or have done it longer and learn from what you can observe from a distance as you find another area to work don’t be an asshole and have respect on the water you wouldn’t go to a construction site and drive over a freshly poured slab and just think that it’s all good someone did all that hard work and it’s not all fun all the time on the water when your trying to pay the bills so recognize drift patterns breezers commercial boats and GTFO of the way and find your own tuna they are abundant if you do your homework and don’t be surprised if you get yelled at driving over fish someone is catching for a living I think tuna fishing should be fun but rarely are there not more fish in the ocean and nearby if you try harder and get your hrs on the water !
    Who are you telling this too.

Reactions: marlyn
    Jeff Hannah
    Jeff Hannah
    Def not you I know your not an issue it wasn’t directed at the poster you are awesome bro thank you for your posts and info and beautiful boat btw! the issue was directed at the general public as I know some people on here are the culprits 😎 and I thought this was about the Tanner maybe I should have done my own post in chit chat my bad !
    Upvote 0

rodngun762

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 12, 2005
    Name
    Boat
    🤡🤡🤡

Lol... sorry dude. Not the same as pouring concrete. Rod and Reel commercial fishing of bluefin tuna is not a real job. Suggest you find an alternative way to "pay your bills".

And let's save the preaching.... we're all burning the same amount of fuel to get out there. Nobody has priority over the other.

Jeff Hannah

HALIMOTO
    Sep 9, 2016
    Hb
    Name
    Jeff
    Boat
    Play the Red
    🤡
    🤡
    🤡

Lol... sorry dude. Not the same as pouring concrete. Rod and Reel commercial fishing of bluefin tuna is not a real job. Suggest you find an alternative way to "pay your bills".

And let's save the preaching.... we're all burning the same amount of fuel to get out there. Nobody has priority over the other.
    Ya cool ! I only claim to be an good electrician 19 years in the trade and c10 lic as far as commercial fishing I suck at this and there is no money in fishing 😉... But that’s kinda my point LOL I’m not a great fisherman but you must really suck tho I’m learning everyday and I’m amateur I’m just saying respect the pros and stay out of the way to the whoever reads a bd post about the Tanner as it is a mess on the weekends lately and I watched a pro at work under his guidance and I learned how often people mess up fishing for someone feeding their kids and family first hand but something tells me your worse or that guy ! And you probably run over fish all day!🤭 I have love for anyone on the water wanting to get some fish and will even offer help to those that have respect I was speaking in general as I thought this was about the Tanner I could care less what you do I am having a great time I just want others to have respect and learn the right way anyone can own a boat but not all are supposed to be in the control of one 🤔 like I said I suck dude I learned that when I watched someone destroy it and I am just a helper there and with my years in the trades I can say it’s hard to do well and I leaned that helping in a commercial operation those guys work their asses off and I watched guys like you do what cool guys in shiny boats shiny reels do have no clue ruin/run over the meat all week/weekend. If you have ever surfed...a breezer or boil should be treated as a wave in a local spot you can get a wave if your good enough and you need to wait your turn don’t try to take priority over something you can’t handle it cuz you can drive faster I know my place if I wasn’t leaning from a Jedi and seeing the amateur mistakes I would have my head up my ass all day too ya buddy! Sounds like your deep in their... to anyone else have a great time and I can’t wait to see you on the water !

Last edited: