Tugfire

Nov 9, 2006
Camarillo, Ca.
Name
Rick Schneider
Boat
26ft Glacier Bay Cat
Hi Gang,

Just got home at 2AM Sunday morning, from a wide open "Albie" bite at Monterey Bay. The water ranged from 60 to 65 degrees. The weather was exquisite, and the water like glass. The two areas of scattered fish were above and around the "601", and an area around 43/59. The best colors for us were black/Purple most of the day, with the CD14 rapalas getting most of our fish on the outriggers. While cutting our 13 fish on our way back to Santa Cruz, which ranged from 12#'s to 33#'s, a dolphin stole one of my rapalas, and 300 yds of 50# line, in about 20 seconds. In my 50yrs of fishing, I never had a dolphin actually get hooked on a jig. My son-inlaw Oscar & I had a ball, hope everybody gets a chance at these fish while the weather holds.

Good Luck Everybody,

Rick/Tugfire

26ft Glacier Bay Cat

medunn16

Captain blue perch!!!
Apr 1, 2006
Lomita
Name
Chris
Boat
Blackman'46'Boat Ho!!!
A Dolphin,holly cow!

Sounds like fun up there!

Lamna

Aug 5, 2004
NorCal
Name
Matt
Boat
21 Parker
Waytogo Rick! We saw a mako jumping alongside some dolphin about a month ago... ya never know what lurks beneath! Good Job and Good Luck

eliner

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 10, 2008
PACIFIC GROVE/CA/USA
Name
DAVID
Boat
E-LINER
Bet you snagged the dolphin, I had them behind my boat for awhile and they were knocking the line almost every pass, my deep divers anyway

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Man, if I could only remember what I was doing 12 years ago in September!
Maybe fishing LFT?