Punkfish

Fish This!!!
Jun 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Name
Jason
Boat
24 Ft. Skipjack Flybridge "Regulators"
Just an F.Y.I. to the motorcycle guys here, the plane that went down killing 7 adults and 7 children yesterday near Butte, MT. was owned by Bud Feldcamp, the owner of Glen Helen Raceway. They were on their way to an exclusive ski resort vacation. Prayers are with his family!

Jas....................................................................................................

marlyn

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
wow,i knew it originated in redlands but did not know who it was,very tragic.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
Very sad............prayers for the family....

Sep 10, 2008
Orange County
Name
George
Boat
Sporties
very sad indeed.

The plane was a Pilatus PC-12, and anyone in the aviation field please either correct me or substantied this claim, but i was always told those are relatively "bullet proof" (so to speak) as far as private planes go...

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
I heard there was 14 people on an airplane designed for 7 people.......

Blackfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
I heard there was 14 people on an airplane designed for 7 people.......
desinged for 11, had 14..

its more about the weight and balance...not the amount of passengers. kind of like a boat. 9 passengers or 1400 pounds. I think some of the passengers were pretty young (small).

Very sad.

Last edited:

Stanley

Pro Boat Scrubber
Nov 28, 2003
Agua Hedionda
Visit site
Name
Spooker
Boat
24' Skipjack FB, 19.5' Glastron SE and a ScupperPro TW
very sad indeed.

The plane was a Pilatus PC-12, and anyone in the aviation field please either correct me or substantied this claim, but i was always told those are relatively "bullet proof" (so to speak) as far as private planes go...
Nothing that flies is bullet-proof after factoring in pilot error.

titus383

Jun 12, 2008
Costa Mesa
Name
Tim
Boat
Nope
A lot of it would definitely have to do with weight/balance. I used to work on PC-12's and the most common configuration was for 6 executive style seats plus two pilots. It could be configured for 8 executive seats but most owners removed the last two for more cargo space. Some of the older models had a small bench seat that when installed would probably max out at 11 people including the crew. I couldn't imagine flying with 11 people, let alone 14. Sad story.