DeeDee

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 18, 2012
tampa/Fl/Hillsborough
Name
Harbison
Boat
Florida Fisherman
This November full Moon is known as the 'Child Moon' because it's the earliest sunset of the year with a full moon in the sky:

We will be fishing immediately before the 'Child Moon' looking for a:

What an honor having one of America's best fishing with us. Representing the United States Marine Corps; representing America, Mr. Leo Smith.
"Once a Marine, Always a Marine"

Let the fights begin.
Friday night in pictures...

Saturday morning:

Nothing beats a treat at sea:

Now there is a 'treat' with teeth:

Now! Let's check out some speed 'treats.'
The Blackfin Tuna can reach speeds of 46 mph.

Think that's fast? Wahoo have been clocked at 60 mph:

The eat-and-run Mr. Mangrove Snapper:

The fish that made the Florida Grouper sandwich famous:

Saturday evening:
A tired 'fished-out' Marine...

Back at the dock:

In the BIG $$$ jackpot winners:

Thank you!

Our mystery fish. Can you ID it?

'Catch' the action packed trip video:

jackedup

Oct 2, 2020
Daytona Beach Florida
Name
Bill
Boat
37 seahunter 21 Shoalwater
I had and east coast buddy go on one of your trips recently and he had an awesome catch! great Job!!

DeeDee

Mar 18, 2012
tampa/Fl/Hillsborough
Name
Harbison
Boat
Florida Fisherman
Thanks! Glad your buddy had an awesome catch. Love to read about his trip & see some pictures.

Glades Angel

Nov 15, 2020
SoFla
Name
Robert M Rogers
Boat
Aquasport 215
Bermuda chub, aka stankfish. Pretty common down here in SoFla. No guests on my boat are allowed to even bring them in over the sides,must dehook over the water. Damned nuisance when you get a school in your chumslick.

DeeDee

Mar 18, 2012
tampa/Fl/Hillsborough
Name
Harbison
Boat
Florida Fisherman
'Beaver Moon'...
You are absolutely correct. Depending on who you are & where you come from 'Child Moon' is one of several November Full Moon names.
"There are actually a few names for the November full moon, all of which have some serious history behind them.
The November 'Beaver' Full Moon (per BUSTLE)
"The history of the Beaver Moon is closely related to that of the Frost Moon. Per Almanac.com, American colonists and Algonquin tribes relied on beaver fur for warmth in the long, cold winters. If they waited too long to set their traps, however, the water would freeze and they'd be out of luck. The November full moon was their reminder that the frost was ahead and that it was time to start collecting fur. While beavers are simply cute, buck-toothed dam builders to us in 2017, they were a really important part of the survival strategy for North Americans a few centuries ago, and the November full moon was key to making sure that the strategy was carried out successfully."

DeeDee

Mar 18, 2012
tampa/Fl/Hillsborough
Name
Harbison
Boat
Florida Fisherman
Thanks! Love this stuff.

Just returned from a successful hog hunting trip. Will share results in 'Mammal' Hunting section.

Reactions: One_Leg