Fish Abuser
Jun 14, 2005
Kona, Hawaii
FISHinKONA.com
Name
Capt. Jeff Rogers
Boat
Aloha kai
I need some help here. A guy emailed me and said he read about me in the Sept. '05 issue of Sport Fishing Magazine. If I am in there, I would sure like to get a copy (and know what it said, all bad I'm sure :taurus: ). Anyone got that issue laying around?

Capt. Jeff

captjim

Konakeenan
Feb 27, 2005
Kona, Hawaii
Name
Jim Keenan
Boat
28' Skipjack !! Shazam !!
Cap Jeff Rogers said:
I need some help here. A guy emailed me and said he read about me in the Sept. '05 issue of Sport Fishing Magazine. If I am in there, I would sure like to get a copy (and know what it said, all bad I'm sure :taurus: ). Anyone got that issue laying around?

Capt. Jeff
I have August 2005 Vol 20 issue 7 and October 2005 Vol 20 issue 8. There doesn't appear to be a September issue. Did he mention which article.
I'll check it out tonight. Am headed for the harbor to mess with a tempermental autopilot.

captjim

Konakeenan
Feb 27, 2005
Kona, Hawaii
Name
Jim Keenan
Boat
Cap Jeff Rogers said:
Hmmmmm.....
I emailed the guy back and asked him for the issue number and page(s).
Let's see if he can find an issue that doesn't exist.:puff:

Capt. Jeff
you are welcome to the copies for your brag book.

Cap Jeff Rogers

Fish Abuser
Jun 14, 2005
Kona, Hawaii
FISHinKONA.com
Name
Capt. Jeff Rogers
Boat
Aloha kai
He said he doesn't have the issue anymore, he just wrote down my email address from the magazine. I asked him some more questions like what was the article about and stuff. It may have just been a side-bar with Kona captains emails or something like that.

I didn't renew my subsciptions to any fishing mags last year. I still have some from early '05 that I never opened :banned:

Capt. Jeff

Cap Jeff Rogers

Fish Abuser
Jun 14, 2005
Kona, Hawaii
FISHinKONA.com
Name
Capt. Jeff Rogers
Boat
Aloha kai
Here's the final word from the guy:
"<!--StartFragment -->I did not keep the issue..so sorry...but if memory serves me correctly....there were a few short listing of Hawaii charter captains."

I don't know if there was anything about me in the issue or just about Kona (or Hawaii) fishing in general. If it's just a listing, I don't care. If I'm mentioned in the article, I'd like to know.

Capt. Jeff

captjim

Konakeenan
Feb 27, 2005
Kona, Hawaii
Name
Jim Keenan
Boat
Jeff,
I'll peruse the two issues and see if anything turns up. I'll let you know. I live close to the harbor and you can pick up the issues on the way nome someday.