Billy V

Seabass Commando
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
Marina Village was one of the Marinas hit by thieves.

Dana Landing was also hit last week.

The Dana Landing Boat Launch Dock was hit while a boater went to get his Truck and Trailer - they snatched 2 rods while he was away.

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
Sorry to hear that you guy's have gotten ripped off.

I really really hope someone catches these guy's, beats the tar out of them and gives them the fisherman's version of water boarding before they get caught by the local authorities.

soul troller

Mine bends where yours ends
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
Marina Village was one of the Marinas hit by thieves.

Dana Landing was also hit last week.

The Dana Landing Boat Launch Dock was hit while a boater went to get his Truck and Trailer - they snatched 2 rods while he was away.
Billy , i dropped you off at the dock and then doubled back to go to my truck . Thats when they got me . Guess I have been lucky leaving things unattended in past years .

mwh153

--
Dec 1, 2011
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
53' Post "Scope Creep", 24' Boston Whaler Outrage
The Hyatt Mission Bay was hit on Sunday night. At least 5 boats that I know of, I lost 2 shimano tyrnos 8 2 speed reels, rods weren't anything special. They climbed up into my flybridge, unzipped the glass and grabbed them from the holders, all while we were sleeping.

Otto

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Someone needs to stay on their boat and let the tweekers try and rob him. Just have the upper hand when the time comes.

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Dang man...... the more I keep reading this, the more pissed and disgusted I get!! What a bunch of crap!

You would think with the regularity this is happening, it has almost surely got to be the same guy or guys doing this!?

The unknown fisherman:p:

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Dang man...... the more I keep reading this, the more pissed and disgusted I get!! What a bunch of crap!

You would think with the regularity this is happening, it has almost surely got to be the same guy or guys doing this!?

The unknown fisherman:p:
some one need to catch these Dip shit, and bash their Knee
Cap with a Bat so they think Twice about doing it again.

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
Santee swap meet, Spring Valley swap meet, Kobey's swap meet and whatever other swap meet around down in that area....go first thing in the morning the following weekend (and the weekend after that) your gear is stolen..this is where I recovered some of my stolen gear which was being sold by 3 separate venders there that were either directly involved with stealing my shit or are happy to pay a quick buck to the thievin' bastards knowing damn well it was stolen. I went in there and started flipping their tables full of gear over until I started getting their attention, and some of my gear back and then I called the cops to shake em' down a little more...don't let the POS get away with it..take back your hard earned chit!

Last edited:

momaguro

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 23, 2011
Pacific Beach
Name
David
Boat
Pequod
The total absence of video monitoring at the marinas is bullshit! With all of the fees that they collect why aren't they providing video security? I understand the docks are a special place to get away from the craziness on land and that cameras might compromise some that undisclosed location feel but a balance needs to be struck in order to protect you and help catch these scum thieving bastards. If you are paying slip fees it would behoove you to organize with your neighbors and demand some video monitoring. If the marinas do not help by updating their security than they are just complicit and part of the problem.

As for patronizing the big used tackle sellers on CL and the swapper; just trust your instincts and if you get that murky sideways feeling with what they are jigging than avoid them like the plague.

Fishing, like backpacking in the high country is like a brotherhood in the holiest of temples to me and when scumbags violate that space it boils my blood. Well maybe not as hot as Debi's gets.

lynndeva

Fishing mom
Sep 14, 2009
Socal
Name
Debi
Boat
Wellcraft Coastal
The total absence of video monitoring at the marinas is bullshit! With all of the fees that they collect why aren't they providing video security? I understand the docks are a special place to get away from the craziness on land and that cameras might compromise some that undisclosed location feel but a balance needs to be struck in order to protect you and help catch these scum thieving bastards. If you are paying slip fees it would behoove you to organize with your neighbors and demand some video monitoring. If the marinas do not help by updating their security than they are just complicit and part of the problem.

As for patronizing the big used tackle sellers on CL and the swapper; just trust your instincts and if you get that murky sideways feeling with what they are jigging than avoid them like the plague.

Fishing, like backpacking in the high country is like a brotherhood in the holiest of temples to me and when scumbags violate that space it boils my blood. Well maybe not as hot as Debi's gets.

Nothing gets my blood boiling more than this shit...and the heat gets turned up hot when low-life bitches steal from my kids. My youngest son (then 10 years old) worked for and saved up money for more than a year to be able to buy the set-up that was stolen along with a bunch of other gear that was bundled together and ruined our fishing trip....come to find out from the detectives after I crashed the swap meet venders, that along with your everyday average thieving bitches, there were gang members involved with the theft...wouldn't have even mattered..I was on a mission. My kids always tell me I'll be one of the last one's killed in a zombie apocalypse o_O.

Some advice I can offer..take photos of all your gear including closeup, especially if there are any blemishes. Write down and log serial #'s if any, what kind of fishing line, the color, yardage of line etc..When I called the police to meet me in Chula Vista to confront one of the persons with some of my stolen gear, they were very hesitant and I had to convince them I could prove it was my gear (luckily I had close up photos of blemishes and I knew exactly the amount of braid etc on each reel) and once I told them they could either meet me and accompany me to get my stolen gear or I was going in with a baseball bat in 10 minutes and they were probably going to get called anyway, they agreed to help me...I personally recovered some of my stolen gear at 4 different locations with several buyers/sellers involved...including private residences and swap meets.

Last edited:

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Nothing gets my blood boiling more than this shit...and the heat gets turned up hot when low-life bitches steal from my kids. My youngest son (then 10 years old) worked for and saved up money for more than a year to be able to buy the set-up that was stolen along with a bunch of other gear that was bundled together and ruined our fishing trip....come to find out from the detectives after I crashed the swap meet venders, that along with your everyday average thieving bitches, there were gang members involved with the theft...wouldn't have even mattered..I was on a mission. My kids always tell me I'll be one of the last one's killed in a zombie apocalypse o_O.

Some advice I can offer..take photos of all your gear including closeup, especially if there are any blemishes. Write down and log serial #'s if any, what kind of fishing line, the color, yardage of line etc..When I called the police to meet me in Chula Vista to confront one of the persons with some of my stolen gear, they were very hesitant and I had to convince them I could prove it was my gear (luckily I had close up photos of blemishes and I knew exactly the amount of braid etc on each reel) and once I told them they could either meet me and accompany me to get my stolen gear or I was going in with a baseball bat in 10 minutes and they were probably going to get called anyway, they agreed to help me...I personally recovered some of my stolen gear at 4 different locations with several buyers/sellers involved...including private residences and swap meets.

Right on! I'm going down to my marina and getting pictures of my stuff. The cops will only do so much because they see this shit all day everyday.

The fact that these rip offs are doing it even if people are on the boat means they just dont give a shit and probably have done it before, knowing if they get caught they will be out before the cops paper work is done. I hope they find a gaff in their leg!

Good advice about the pictures , the cops are more willing to help if you can help yourself by identifying your gear.
Damn thieves!!

Reactions: lynndeva

vandianator

Aug 28, 2009
San Diego
Name
Brian
Boat
38 Bertram "Off Hand"
MBYC got hit on Sunday the 17th and a few days prior, one boat they stole all of their fishing gear but on the 17th this individual got CAUGHT. This guy was scavenging through dock boxes when one of our neighbors who happened to be sleeping on his boat heard him. He got up grabbed his pellet gun and his son grabbed a winch handle and snuck up on the suspect and cornered him at the end of the dock. As the police were being called the suspect realized he wasn't going to get shot so he got off his knees and ran and jumped in the water. He swam to El Carmel point where our yacht club security guard (who come to find out is packing heat) was waiting for him along with the SDPD and one of their helicopters. The suspect was taken in and finger printed. The SDPD informed us that any member who had their boat robbed or anyone else in any marina wants their boat finger printed to see if it matches this suspect they can contact the SDPD.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Any name/booking mug shot?

ironmike

ironmike
Aug 19, 2004
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
nope, need to go with you or Cattle Boats
MBYC got hit on Sunday the 17th and a few days prior, one boat they stole all of their fishing gear but on the 17th this individual got CAUGHT. This guy was scavenging through dock boxes when one of our neighbors who happened to be sleeping on his boat heard him. He got up grabbed his pellet gun and his son grabbed a winch handle and snuck up on the suspect and cornered him at the end of the dock. As the police were being called the suspect realized he wasn't going to get shot so he got off his knees and ran and jumped in the water. He swam to El Carmel point where our yacht club security guard (who come to find out is packing heat) was waiting for him along with the SDPD and one of their helicopters. The suspect was taken in and finger printed. The SDPD informed us that any member who had their boat robbed or anyone else in any marina wants their boat finger printed to see if it matches this suspect they can contact the SDPD.

View attachment 777561
Alright... good job, boat owners!!!