Mission bay marina boats being robbed.

JRM

Sep 28, 2006
Pacific Beach
Name
Joe
Boat
31 Cabo
Hi all I know this isn't a fish report but I wanted to give fellow slipped boat owners in mission bay marinas a heads up. Friday night someone robbed several boats at different marinas in mission bay. From me they took tackle and my tool box out of unlocked deck compartments. Other boaters reported unlocked dock boxes robbed and one report of rods taken out of a boats cockpit while the owner slept on board. I don't have all the specifics and that's really all I know. I naively thought my stuff was safe in a locked marina.

I filed a police report and I encourage all victims to do the same and consider carefully what you leave in unlocked dock boxes or cubboards on your boat.

finishright

Well-Known "Member"
May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
coming in from the water or someone has a gate key sorry to hear this thanks for the heads up

Hangfire

Sep 22, 2007
Name
GW
Boat
Glastron Seafury
We got hit at Dana 2 weeks ago Monday, it looks like they are after tackle boxes lures and tools. I knew at some point I should have taken that stuff off of the boat, looks like someone else beat me to it. Keep an eye out for a tweaker motor home with a kayak strapped on, also been watching craigslist.

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Time to "Git a rope"

JRM

Sep 28, 2006
Pacific Beach
Name
Joe
Boat
31 Cabo
If this had happened to you or you know someone it happened to ask them to please file a police report. They may increase their presence if they know that tenants are apparently being robbed daily. Also contact the marina management and ask for security cameras. With today's relatively cheap systems there is no excuse all our local marinas don't have them installed! I've done all of the above.

45king

Jig slinger/arrow flinger
May 29, 2005
Sd/Oc
Name
danny
Boat
bw montauk
That looks suspect!

reelsimple

Jan 29, 2015
Name
reelsimple
Boat
yes
That sucks to hear. I hope robber knows better not to come aboard a documented vessel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HavasuSun

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Name
Scott
Boat
Proline 32 "Knot Reely”
We got hit at Harbor Island West last month. They got 4 rod/reel setups. Crazy thing was my brother was sleeping in the boat with the door open to the cabin. Rods were on the deck in the rod holders. Not the best place to put them I know but we did not go to bed until after midnight and were up at 4:30 am to go fishing. We did report it to the harbor police. Lock your gear up fellas!!!

Well-Known "Member"
Mar 12, 2014
San Diego
Name
Blake
Boat
25' Skipjack FB
3 separate docks in Marina Village got hit. So whoever it is came in by boat.

soul troller

HMFIC
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
Sorry to report they got 2 of my Toriums on favorite rods Sun night from the courtesy dock at Quivera basin. Had to have stepped on the gunnel to reach them. I was probably asking for it coming in solo at midnight to go to my truck for clothes before parking in a guest slip for the night.
As i walked past the bathrooms, a dude in a grey BMW 3 series compliments my boat and gets me talking about boats , and i am stupid enough to engage him . Then says look at this pic, and gets my back turned. I only realized what happened to me when i parked later.
Guess it could have been worse as they didn't get an Avet or Tiagra, but still.
You reap what you sow and those fucks will get theirs i believe.
Thinking of setting up a trap on the next night i can't sleep and seeing what kind of fun we can have .
It's a damn shame you cant let your guard down these days.

Fleet

Thepowderblues.com
May 17, 2015
Solana Beach
Name
Fishing Jedi
Boat
BW Outrage/RHFleet.org
Sorry to report they got 2 of my Toriums on favorite rods Sun night from the courtesy dock at Quivera basin. Had to have stepped on the gunnel to reach them. I was probably asking for it coming in solo at midnight to go to my truck for clothes before parking in a guest slip for the night.
As i walked past the bathrooms, a dude in a grey BMW 3 series compliments my boat and gets me talking about boats , and i am stupid enough to engage him . Then says look at this pic, and gets my back turned. I only realized what happened to me when i parked later.
Guess it could have been worse as they didn't get an Avet or Tiagra, but still.
You reap what you sow and those fucks will get theirs i believe.
Thinking of setting up a trap on the next night i can't sleep and seeing what kind of fun we can have .
It's a damn shame you cant let your guard down these days.

Haha i saw you on the water yesterday. I loved your boat name and bloody letters. I gave you guys a thumbs up ;) You were right outside Quivira next to Mission Point Park.

soul troller

HMFIC
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
Haha i saw you on the water yesterday. I loved your boat name and bloody letters. I gave you guys a thumbs up ;) You were right outside Quivira next to Mission Point Park.
Ha Ha , Right on , Thanks. Shes been a good old platform. Yesterday was day 3 in a row including sleeping on the boat so i was toast and did'nt see you. Too busy trying not to run over one of the 1000 plastic speed bumps !

Fleet

Thepowderblues.com
May 17, 2015
Solana Beach
Name
Fishing Jedi
Boat
BW Outrage/RHFleet.org
Ha Ha , Right on , Thanks. Shes been a good old platform. Yesterday was day 3 in a row including sleeping on the boat so i was toast and did'nt see you. Too busy trying not to run over one of the 1000 plastic speed bumps !
Yeah i was heading out to the kelp beds to get away from the traffic. That boat has a cool shape with the enclosed hard top.

Billy V

Seabass Commando
Aug 26, 2007
San Diego
Name
Billy
Boat
Parker 2310 DV / Kayak
Marina Village was one of the Marinas hit by thieves.

Dana Landing was also hit last week.

The Dana Landing Boat Launch Dock was hit while a boater went to get his Truck and Trailer - they snatched 2 rods while he was away.

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
Sorry to hear that you guy's have gotten ripped off.

I really really hope someone catches these guy's, beats the tar out of them and gives them the fisherman's version of water boarding before they get caught by the local authorities.

soul troller

HMFIC
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
Marina Village was one of the Marinas hit by thieves.

Dana Landing was also hit last week.

The Dana Landing Boat Launch Dock was hit while a boater went to get his Truck and Trailer - they snatched 2 rods while he was away.
Billy , i dropped you off at the dock and then doubled back to go to my truck . Thats when they got me . Guess I have been lucky leaving things unattended in past years .