Dogman619

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 6, 2012
Bahia de los Angeles. Spring Valley
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
Some of you may have already heard. Mary Ann Humfreville is missing. She was last heard from between 330 and 4 on Wednesday the 16th.. Posts are on other sites but I figured I'd put it out for us BDrs.. Anyone heading down keep an eye out. Her 98 red/maroon F150 is missing as well. They've put a plane in the sky over the bay for no luck. Police are doing active investigation but we all know how those play out. So, Keep an eye out for the truck if your driving the peninsula. Thanks for any support and info you can give.
98 red/maroon f150 ca plate 7A92402

IMG_1082.jpg

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
I left a message with Peggy Hammond down there to see if she has any new info but I Haven`t heard back fr om here

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
Hopefully this was just some miscommunication and all will end well. But the fact is; violent crime in remote Baja towns, unthinkable not long ago is on the rise. There have been several murders in LA Bay alone in recent years...........what a shame.

Last edited:

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Nothing new , im going back down next Thursday andI will talk to Peggy Hamond and find out anything new , as of 2 weeks ago theres been nothing new to report

Reactions: Leslie. Christensen

Dogman619

Nov 6, 2012
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
Nothing new , im going back down next Thursday andI will talk to Peggy Hamond and find out anything new , as of 2 weeks ago theres been nothing new to report
Have you seen anything in the ensenada papers about a red burned out truck found 3 days after the disappearance?? Someone mentioned to me about an article in a paper, but I havent been able to find anything. If your in that area maybe do some poking around...

Last edited:
Reactions: Leslie. Christensen

michael e. bingham

May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Have you seen anything in the ensenada papers about a red burned out truck found 3 days after the disappearance?? Someone mentioned to me about an article in a paper, but I havent been able to find anything. If your in that area maybe do some poking around...
I will look into it , I know some people in Ensenada I can call , ill be at LA bay thursday as well im starting a new building project down there

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
Mex1 is not as forgiving as Cali H5. There are many places she could have had trouble and not survived driving solo along the way. Prayers go out to her.

let's keep the comments mature until we know for sure.
saludos

surf launch

Dec 27, 2006
San Diego
Name
Rob
Boat
14 ft Livingston and 12'aluminum skiffs
Authorities and close family have gone silent.

Unfortunately, clues and the over-all situation imply abduction.

If those involved would snatch a sweet old lady and victomize a family of modest means..... which one of us could be next traveling down there?

Scary

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogman619

aguachico

Jul 20, 2004
El Lago Tijuana
Name
Art
Boat
Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
We can only hope that she is ok or the family is able to find closure.

The amount Americans living in Mexico statistically creates involvement with criminal events.

The probability is low, but not impossible.

Dogman619

Nov 6, 2012
Name
Chris
Boat
Sea Pro 18DC
The problem is this is the 4th american targeted in the bay in 2 years. To know the murderer of Jo and Ray was walking town all last summer doesnt sit well with many down there! They are also targeting their own with the murders of 2 security guards in the same time frame. So that's 6 murders in 2 years in a very small village. The tweek use down there is out of control and has a real grip on the locals. When in town just look around you cant miss to notice the tweekers

Last edited:

ARTURO

Mar 6, 2006
Downey, CA / Punta Chivato
Name
Arturo
Boat
22ft.Striper
That’s just terrible news, you’d think someone seen or heard something being that it’s such a small community.

baaadlybent

Sep 5, 2006
Fullerton/Bahia de los Angeles
Name
Doug
Boat
26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
I've held off responding for two months. I was there when this happened and it's very sad. MaryAnne was a harmless older widow living on the beach with her dog and cat. She sort of got stranded there years ago when her husband died and she really didn't have too many options. But she enjoyed it and made a life and lots of friends. We (Americans at the Bay) spent weeks driving, flying, and looking for any signs of her. But found nothing. When I left for home I adopted her dog Molly and she's now living happily with my other pooch. I've always said Baja and LA Bay are safe if you don't do stupid stuff. Sorry to say, this isn't true anymore. Ray and Jo were murdered while I was there two years ago. Two POS trying to steal their boat at night and he confronted them with his baseball bat. And they responded with their 9mm. In MaryAnne's case, she could not possibly have created a danger to anyone. She was a fat lady and couldn't get out of her own way. I don't mean to be disrespectful but you get the picture. Absolutely incapable of hurting someone and anyone who would hurt her is pretty messed up. Bottom line, if you travel to the Bay, make your decision knowing what has happened recently. Be careful with your expensive trucks and boats, especially if they have big new outboards. And have insurance. If the bad guys mess with your boats and gear, be aware they probably have guns and you don't. You can replace your truck or boat. Can't replace you. Don't become a statistic.

Yolo

Outcasts
May 30, 2006
San Diego
www.sandiegofishingclub.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Relentless
And remember, just don't go down there. Plenty of other places to fish and be safe.

After having some great times down there, its over for me. We have been going down since back in the day, town generator, Doc's place, no grocery store....Now too risky.

Another great thing gone.

Hearts out to those people living out their dreams living in Baja. Sorry to hear about all of this.

Reactions: Workplacesafety