MISSING FISHERMAN IN LONG BEACH

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
Heard this on the news a bit ago felt kinda bad for the man missing but its a reminder to us all that we have to practice safety out on the water. Heres the story.. So all those going out to LB to fish tomorrow keep an eye out. Be safe.
Search Suspended For Man Who Fell Off Fishing Boat

LONG BEACH Teams of divers and boats from the Long Beach Fire Department, Long Beach Lifeguard Association and the United States Coast Guard were searching Sunday for a man who fell overboard from a small fishing boat,
officials said.

The unidentified man was reportedly fishing with a friend in a small boat and fell overboard about 100 feet south of the breakwater near Pier J at about 11:30 a.m., said Long Beach Fire Department spokesman Josh Johnson.

Johnson said an aggressive search was underway, and it was not known whether the man could swim.

Divers and boats from the Long Beach Fire Department, Long Beach
Lifeguard Association and the United States Coast Guard searched to no avail, and the rescue effort was called off around 5:30 p.m.

The search is to resume at sunrise, however reports say the man is
presumed dead.

Richard Cranium

Bleached Starfish...
Oct 14, 2004
H.B.
Name
Pace , ペース様
Boat
Ez Go golf cart
Oh boy..Not good...

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
well it was two older asian men from what i saw on the tv kinda sucks i mean any death while doing something you enjoy and not harming anyone sucks in my opinion but i mean come on when you rent skiffs and shit im sure they tell you not to take them past the break water for a reason the man was older and too damn close to the jetty from what i can see and those things suck you up and spit you out with distance hopefully they find him if not he should be floating with in a 9 to 10 mile radius with in the week from what my buddy tells me.

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
Is anyone fishing the Long Beach Area Tomorrow?

slief

Registered Lurker
Jun 8, 2007
Simi Valley, CA
Name
Scott
Boat
Glacier Bay 2680 Cat
We heard about something going on in LB over the radio while fishing Anacapa yesterday. The CG was calling it a search and rescue for a missing diver if I remember correctly but I am sure I either heard wrong or they didn't have all the facts. It didn't sound good from the brief correspondence we heard. They appeared to be preparing to let people entering the area know they were searching. IT might have been communication between the CG and some other non private boat. Hope this has a positive outcome.

dkd711

Skunk Master...
Jun 7, 2008
Huntington Beach
Name
Duke
Boat
"WFO SKUNK"
Fished outside LB today and saw them inside with divers searching this AM. Soory for that family... Rental place should warn ppl better. But in the end its your ass... Use common sense ppl... Small skiffs are dangerous...

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
In the Sticks
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
Lowe 1448M Fishing & Duck Boat "The MeatHog"
Two Words...........LIFE JACKET!!!!!!

Sorry for the mans family and friends, but it could have been avoided.

A-Fishy-Nado

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 25, 2008
Ocean Beach
Name
Jared
Boat
2300 Striper A-Fishy-Nado
She's big and she's strong and she's mighty!

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
when did this happen?? i was on my way back in from PV (wind) at 10:30 AM or so. I passed the mid and east wall on the inside, didnt see any small boat.

My boss told this to me today at lunch.

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
It was my understanding that this all came down early in the afternoon yesterday two asian males were fishing the inside of the harbor and decided to try their luck outside the break wall right off the jetty the older man fell out of the boat friend dove in after him but gave up as it got to dangerous the man was in his 50's from what was reported and wasnt known if he was a swimmer or not, alot of shits been going out on the waters lately last week i was fishing salt creek with ijwood (ian) he and i heard a distress call coming from catalina a few minutes later we hear coast gaurd calling the boat over to board it a few mins later we hear its a 187 on the water. Crazy shit. Chumming bodies to mother nature sucks.

Afry

Capitán
Jul 5, 2005
Ramona, Ca
Name
Arnie
Boat
38 Mediterranean, 23 Key West
It is what it is - we all make choices and I will not make his for him but I morn for his family.

God Speed

El_Guapo

Dec 21, 2006
Westminster, O.C
Name
El Guapo
Boat
20ft Skipjack Open
I just saw the posting today in bloody deck about this incident. These two men are my friends and have been fishing with them for the last two summers.
The one that past away had just bought this aluminum boat last Friday or Saturday morning. I drove by his work Saturday afternoon and was talking to him. I had asked if he just bought this boat and he said yes and that he was going to take it out on Sunday morning. I just found out about the accident yesterday afternoon from a friend that he had passed away and that they just found his body. I was very shocked and I couldn't believe that it was actually him. I have known him for many years, he was a really great friend and he really loved to fish. He has left behind a wife and several kids. I mourn for his family. I have lost one of my great fishing partner and friend. Please pray for their family.

Saluki

May 10, 2003
HB
Name
Mika Tan
Boat
"MoorZilla"
Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your friend.

BuonaForTuna

Jul 27, 2008
Glendale Ca
Name
Jesse
Boat
Well thank God they found his body i was worried that it was going to not be found, I hope he's in a better place now and my best to his family.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
God Bless your friend.........

trlrtrsh67

Porch Honkey
Nov 22, 2007
Running Springs
Name
Rich
Boat
14' Gregor / IMP 220 Sportsman WA
So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and how it must be affecting the family. We saw all the fire boats staged along the inside of the wall when we were coming back in Sunday afternoon. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

fishallday

Apr 11, 2008
Encinitas
Name
will
Boat
21' Baja Bayrunner "Reel Cowboy"
If you cant swim just wear a life jacket. its plain and simple! not trying to justify or say he deserved it but shit happens and something as simple as wearing a life jacket could have saved his life