Missed Boat .? Diffrent landing policies over missed trips? Credit? Total loss?

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2015
Name
Pura Vida
Boat
Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
ive left guys on the dock who were 10 minutes late, once the boat is untied and away from the dock that`s it Sorry Charlie

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

splashy77

Almost A Member
Apr 3, 2007
Lane Vicky
Name
Daniel
Boat
Hasbro's Timon and Pumba pool floatie
"Don't miss the boat!" - Chick Hearn

Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I have been fishing on sportboats out of San Diego for over 50 years. I have been on probably 400 trips. Number of times I have been late for a trip, zero. Number of times someone else was late for the trip, about 400. It happens every trip, 23 people are on the boat ready to go and everyone has to wait for the one knucklehead who just can't manage to get there on time and when he finally does arrive he has to go back up to the office to get a fishing license or some other crap that he forgot to bring.
How many times have you heard the captain say, "once everybody gets here we can leave early and beat the crowd". If you are not 2 hours early you are already late.
The landings deal with this problem every day, that is why they have the strict rules about cancellation. If you are late and miss the boat then you lose your deposit. Why should the boat or the landing lose money because you couldn't manage to arrive on time like everyone else on the trip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

skrilla

allirks
May 26, 2006
San Diego
Name
Len
Boat
Camo Whammo
Miss-The-Boat.jpg
simpsons_nelson_haha2-36.jpg

Upvote 0

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
In May I had a deposit to fish on the San Diego. I live over 400 miles from the landing so I drive to the Laguna Niguel area and stay with my brother or a friend, then leave to drive the final 50 or 60 miles. This particular trip I was on my way with plenty of time to get there until the entire freeway was closed down for a police action. After waiting and realizing I wouldn’t make it I called the landing to tell them I’d be missing the trip. They said to keep them informed. Finally when I saw there was no way to get there I headed back north. Just before time for the boat to leave Seaforth calls me and asks what was happening. I told them and he asked if I wanted to roll my deposit over to another trip. I fully expected to lose my deposit. It wasn’t their fault and I had no problem losing it. Pretty classy action from Seaforth. I’ve heard that is what they’ll normally do. I’ll be using my deposit tomorrow. Hoping for a good shot at some more yellowtail.

Upvote 0

Jigslinger

Fishing is an incurable disease
Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, CA
Name
Greg
Boat
Big ones with hot burgers and cold drinks
This reminds me of a good friend I tried to introduced to fishing recently. I've only missed a boat once in my entire fishing life and it was because of this friend. At that point I told him fishing wasn't for him. So I introduced him to golf. He's also late there too! At least with golf he can catch up with the group on the 2nd hole.

Can't ever be late on a fishing trip! Tight lines!

• Haha
Reactions: dctalk523
Upvote 0

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
ive left guys on the dock who were 10 minutes late, once the boat is untied and away from the dock that`s it Sorry Charlie
+1 on that!

"We are leaving at X o'clock"

That means we are leaving at X not X:15. Don't call me 5 minutes to X and tell me you just woke up and will be there in 30 minutes. Don't call me and tell me your stuck in traffic. Don't call me and tell me your in line at McDonalds and they screwed up your order and your running late. All you need to do is send me a text saying your not going to make it. I'll respond with something like "OK - maybe next time." which translated means you missed your chance today and in the future.

Upvote 0

CaptJgray

Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
What would you expect United Airlines to do? Now consider that Sportboats live on tight margins and do not receive government bailouts when times are tough...

Upvote 0

Runway1

Almost A Member
Nov 18, 2018
Orange County
Name
Runway1
Boat
None
HighWildFree
HighWildFree
hahahha no! Unless you’re a stupid college kid who took a loan to get your degree in art appreciation or something equally retarded.
Upvote 0
S
ShadowX
It would be cancelled if you went to ITT. Then again, ITT isn't really a "school".
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
If you had been there an hour and a half early and everybody was on the boat they could have left early but know you were late so they probably ended up leaving 15 minutes late waiting for you and guess what you pissed off all the rest of the people on the boat so you're lucky you didn't get to go

Upvote 0

MannyOjai

Almost A Member
May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
I'm not going to lie, this entertaining , Thats the problem with todays generation, " i messed up no wait i didnt mess up i am special and should not be held accountable. what are you going to do for me"?? This is not College and SD boats are not going to coddle you Show up early, stand in line or you missed the boat

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
No more responses from the OP...lol...You'll get no love from this crowd...sorry, not sorry. Maybe you should start a Go Fund Me like everyone else does for every little thing....

Upvote 0

agarcia

May 19, 2006
Nor*Cal
Name
Art Garcia
Boat
rowboat
I'm not going to lie, this entertaining , Thats the problem with todays generation, " i messed up no wait i didnt mess up i am special and should not be held accountable. what are you going to do for me"?? This is not College and SD boats are not going to coddle you Show up early, stand in line or you missed the boat

So true, on so many levels. Used to be that when you fck up, you cop to it, just don’t do it again and move on. Now it seems like the m.o. is to fck up, try to convince everyone it’s not a fck up, blame everyone else, and then figure out a way to somehow get rewarded for it.

Upvote 0

XPL051v3

Almost A Member
  • Nov 26, 2017
    Deep Blue
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    XPL051v3
    Boat
    Backseat Boater
    No more responses from the OP...lol...You'll get no love from this crowd...sorry, not sorry. Maybe you should start a Go Fund Me like everyone else does for every little thing....

This is the OPs first and only post. He hasn’t been online since yesterday @ 2:45pm. I would think he found his answer by now.

Don’t show up late or miss the boat!

Upvote 0