frijolito

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2020
washington
Name
kurt
Boat Name
yes
As a lifelong sufferer of a condition known as misophonia, I wonder how many other people this affects. It is a Devil that I deal with alone and I am only now starting to address this as with all the information out it is now more widely accepted and not just laughed at. The people closest to me are the recipients of my anger and hate that this causes. I literally want to Fn strangle people who crunch and chew loudly, yet I find listening to my dogs eat is almost funny to me. This affliction does help with any slight ticking in a motor that may signal a problem but any rattle in my vehicle and ill pull out the sdledgehammer to *fix* it my way!! Im here for any one of you that wants to discuss this.....and Id love to hear any remedy that you may have. to ignore it is impossible, akin to trying to ignore an allergy you might have so that is out of the question,
I quit going to movies years ago as most people cant eat fuggin popcorn with their mouths closed and I didnt want to be the next movie theater shooter
anyone that doesnt have this should thank God everyday that they dont, yet have sympathy for anyone that does. It is very hard to understand and even harder to explain to people

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat Name
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
Hate farts.
Love Queefs.

Reactions: sitonmyface
Upvote 0

frijolito

Almost A Member
Aug 10, 2020
washington
Name
kurt
Boat Name
yes
Is there no effective therapy based in behavioral psychology?
not that Im aware of, the research is new and not that old, from my understanding it is how the brain processes the information. I hope that a effective therapy is discovered if not for me then for all who do suffer from this disability If I could change one thing in my life it would be this.....I believe it makes me miserable to be around at times. along with ADHD it is a potent combo I wish on not even my worst enemy. hopefully bringing this up here will open up an avenue of help for those who it affects

Upvote 0

Reel 007

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat Name
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
You could start by applying to the DMV for a handicap placard.

• Haha
Reactions: frijolito
Upvote 0

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
Cali
Name
alby
Boat Name
None
Had a childhood friend that couldn't stand the sound of teeth scraping on a fork..
I thought he was kidding then one day I was at his house watchin tv eating Mac and cheese and next thing I knew he stabbed me in the back with a pair of needle nose pliers.
Maybe this explains it after all these,years..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

woodfish330

I'm to smart to figure out how to edit this.
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat Name
    Fishead
    explore psychedelic microdosing.

it's worth a shot.
    I agree with @stuman .... if your done with all the inconsistent "treatments" .... and poor results...why not look into this idea.

I believe Doctors and Scientists have and are finding many unique properties and effects of "microdosing". Same are pretty promising! PTSD.... Alcoholism.... Drug addiction... ADHD. So your homework first.... Many studies going on right now. Could be a left field answer... to your conundrum. Good luck Brother. 🙂

Upvote 0

frijolito

Almost A Member
    Aug 10, 2020
    washington
    Name
    kurt
    Boat Name
    yes
    I agree with @stuman .... if your done with all the inconsistent "treatments" .... and poor results...why not look into this idea.

I believe Doctors and Scientists have and are finding many unique properties and effects of "microdosing". Same are pretty promising! PTSD.... Alcoholism.... Drug addiction... ADHD. So your homework first.... Many studies going on right now. Could be a left field answer... to your conundrum. Good luck Brother. 🙂
    Thanks to all for replies and keep em coming especially if you have or know someone with it, At 56 this now is more of a learning process to make me a better human to be around and I am open minded to any reasonable suggestions, the microdosing is promising in so many ways, My adhd hasnt kept me from anything as I learned to use the strenghts of it to outweigh any cons and taught myself to learn things my way, back in the 70s they just gave the hyper/stuiped kid a pill and sent him to the back of the class. to me it isnt a learning disability so much as I have the ability to learn in a not so conventional way yet on a level that I excel at. I do alot of 4 7 8 deep breathing lately and it helps bring the blood pressure down and has a definite calming effect

Upvote 0

fishkilr

Aug 27, 2012
    Cali
    Name
    alby
    Boat Name
    None
    Thanks to all for replies and keep em coming especially if you have or know someone with it, At 56 this now is more of a learning process to make me a better human
    I do have experience with a rare life changing neurological dosorder that came out of nowhere..
    2007 set up living on the strand in Oxnard with my truck ,house,boat and dogs making a good living in phone sales and fishin..
    Woke up one morning and my voice was cutting out like a broken drive thru...
    Went to the ENT and he put an endoscope down my throat for 2 seconds and said i know what u have, It's a rare neurological disorder called spasmodic dysphonia.
    He said he only was able to diagnose it because he had just come from a seminar discussing this malady.
    It can't be cured and there is only one guy in the world treating it... the treatment is botox..
    As u can imagine I was floored..
    Fortunately this doctor who treats it was at ucla..
    Went to him was diagnosed and started botox shots in my vocal cords..this took my voice away completely for 6 weeks,and then I would have a voice for 4 to 5 months before needing treatment again..
    Did that for 3 years, before they came up with a surgery..
    I was the 27th surgery performed and did get a voice back but wasn't able to thrive in sales anymore and lost the house, truck and boat and moved to long beach..
    2 years ago we shut the fishing,bait and whale watch operation forcing me start over at 55 and still trying to figure out what to do..

Upvote 0

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
  • Jun 22, 2014
    No Grave But the Sea
    Name
    Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
    Boat Name
    Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
    As a lifelong sufferer of a condition known as misophonia, I wonder how many other people this affects. It is a Devil that I deal with alone and I am only now starting to address this as with all the information out it is now more widely accepted and not just laughed at. The people closest to me are the recipients of my anger and hate that this causes. I literally want to Fn strangle people who crunch and chew loudly, yet I find listening to my dogs eat is almost funny to me. This affliction does help with any slight ticking in a motor that may signal a problem but any rattle in my vehicle and ill pull out the sdledgehammer to *fix* it my way!! Im here for any one of you that wants to discuss this.....and Id love to hear any remedy that you may have. to ignore it is impossible, akin to trying to ignore an allergy you might have so that is out of the question,
    I quit going to movies years ago as most people cant eat fuggin popcorn with their mouths closed and I didnt want to be the next movie theater shooter
    anyone that doesnt have this should thank God everyday that they dont, yet have sympathy for anyone that does. It is very hard to understand and even harder to explain to people
    Just out of curiosity, is the condition intermittent or is it full time? Are some days better than others?

Upvote 0

frijolito

Almost A Member
    Aug 10, 2020
    washington
    Name
    kurt
    Boat Name
    yes
    Just out of curiosity, is the condition intermittent or is it full time? Are some days better than others?
    its pretty much full time. started as a small child listening to my brothers slurp and chomp cereal like pigs. crunchy foods are the main trigger. clicking fingernails and a myriad other sounds can raise the blood pressure. not looking for any sympathy. just wanting anyone else that suffers to know that you arent alone. I really never looked into this until about 3yrs ago and the investigative path it has lead me down has opened up a whole new understanding of why I am who i am, in my quest to better myself. Just opening up may be a start that I need to help address this

Reactions: Capt.C.Delany
    Upvote 0

frijolito

Almost A Member
    Aug 10, 2020
    washington
    Name
    kurt
    Boat Name
    yes
    I do have experience with a rare life changing neurological dosorder that came out of nowhere..
    2007 set up living on the strand in Oxnard with my truck ,house,boat and dogs making a good living in phone sales and fishin..
    Woke up one morning and my voice was cutting out like a broken drive thru...
    Went to the ENT and he put an endoscope down my throat for 2 seconds and said i know what u have, It's a rare neurological disorder called spasmodic dysphonia.
    He said he only was able to diagnose it because he had just come from a seminar discussing this malady.
    It can't be cured and there is only one guy in the world treating it... the treatment is botox..
    As u can imagine I was floored..
    Fortunately this doctor who treats it was at ucla..
    Went to him was diagnosed and started botox shots in my vocal cords..this took my voice away completely for 6 weeks,and then I would have a voice for 4 to 5 months before needing treatment again..
    Did that for 3 years, before they came up with a surgery..
    I was the 27th surgery performed and did get a voice back but wasn't able to thrive in sales anymore and lost the house, truck and boat and moved to long beach..
    2 years ago we shut the fishing,bait and whale watch operation forcing me start over at 55 and still trying to figure out what to do..
    damn dude, that is really sad. im moving to PV mex soon. come fish a while with me. I will pray for you, I will send you positive energy for a recovery physically, financially and emotionally brother. Im 56 these should be good days for us!!!

Upvote 0

RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat Name
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    ADHD/OCD with a splash of dyslexia checking in here (Just turned 60), anger has always been an issue and being a little guy had my nose broken three or four times because of it, if you’re afraid of the stipulations of smoking pot there is Vapes CBDs Gummy’s and all sorts of ways Stay level without being on pills

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

mike mitchell

Jul 25, 2017
    Monterey
    Name
    Michael Mitchell
    Boat Name
    18 Sfringari
    ADHD/OCD with a splash of dyslexia checking in here (Just turned 60), anger has always been an issue and being a little guy had my nose broken three or four times because of it, if you’re afraid of the stipulations of smoking pot there is Vapes CBDs Gummy’s and all sorts of ways Stay level without being on pills
    There is also a CBD tea. My brothers mother-in-law swears by it, rather than at it.

Upvote 0

frijolito

Almost A Member
    Aug 10, 2020
    washington
    Name
    kurt
    Boat Name
    yes
    ADHD/OCD with a splash of dyslexia checking in here (Just turned 60), anger has always been an issue and being a little guy had my nose broken three or four times because of it, if you’re afraid of the stipulations of smoking pot there is Vapes CBDs Gummy’s and all sorts of ways Stay level without being on pil
    yes pot helps me immensly. it helped before anyone thought it helped. im an old buttrockin stoner pot head from the early 80s, but now my brother that used to narc me out to dad tells me how great it is now that it help his sons anxiety.....I just laugh and remind him of all the shit he caused back in the day!! LOL. i didnt mention that I also have dyslexia to a small degree. I could read reverse blueprints when framing houses and it helped a bunch, not so mush on other things. sounds like we went through the same shit. angry small guys rule!!

Reactions: One_Leg
    Upvote 0

Omarkayak

I've posted enough I should know better...
    Jul 26, 2007
    Northridge, CA
    Name
    Donald W. Clarke III
    Boat Name
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    Wow man, hope you can find healing or at the very least, something to supercharge your ability to cope with the condition.

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0