mike gaudenti

CARNAGE
Oct 13, 2009
Salt lake
Name
Carnage
Boat
21 force
wind down, mahi price up$$. work can wait. Last minute decision. load the boat and sleep hopefully. Launch at 330. Run til grey light and see birds around but still heading out. So I follow them for hours and hours out. Plucked a mahi here and there. Can't follow the birds out anymore. How far do they go? Suckers. Turned around and hours later came in on a buoy and more mahi. Normally I would love it but everyone of the mahi where small. Biggest 15 pounds. Smallest 3 pounds. Yes I said 3 pounds. It made my daughter happy. Let a few smalls go and ended up keeping 21 pieces. Come back ahi

Reactions: I'M OFF
Upvote 0

watersdeep

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Catch em, kill em, eat em, sell em, good on you. sounds fun.

Reactions: Krispi Sardine
Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Mike and crew,
Sounds like a FUN day, really want to say some more, but told myself along time ago I would refuse the "bait and switch" from the "trolls" (aka GTHurner). Good goin' Mike!!!

Cheers
Pat

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
. Mike pay no mind, mahi will grow from an egg to fifteen pounds in 6 months the decline in mahi in mexico is fishing practices long lines nets and selling out the right to fish to countries that don't care that won't happen in Hawaii good on you for throw the little guys back and for getting the kids fishing

Upvote 0

KFD

Sep 6, 2015
Hilo Hawaii
Name
Kit Duerr
Boat
Force 21
Its Garys fishery that he needs to worry about.Salmon, steelhead and albacore are all red list fish.As far as mexicos mahi goes I here from friends that have fished there before several times that they catch plenty.I don't know maybe they are just good fisherman.Good going Mike on the Mahis. We caught a bunch the other day too.They are everywhere.The Ahi bite slowed down here on the east side of the Big Island as well.

Upvote 0

shadzdad

Aug 6, 2010
Wahiawa,HI USA
Name
Darren
Boat
building one
It's impossible to release all smaller fish because sometimes they get hooked in the gills, hooks coming out the eyes, etc. I don't know Mike but am sure that he is like other local fishermen in Hawaii, we take what we need and leave the rest behind. Release the ones we can when they are healthy enough to survive. No fish are wasted and we are not out there to wipe out schools of small fish. Fishing is tough here in Hawaii but we understand conservation and sustaining the fisheries. Not arguing with anybody although i don't agree with some comments. My bad on posting this but just had to

Upvote 0

blaskpa

FAMOUS GROUSE
Oct 1, 2010
Kailua/HI/USA
Name
Paul
Boat
FamousGrouse
I was windward last 2 weekends and kept picking up the 3-5 lb mahi. Very strange as I have fished this side 7 yrs and never ran into such tiny mahi. Cute though!

Upvote 0

Windward808

Jul 4, 2016
Kaneohe
Name
David
Boat
Yellowfin
1500 BC Greek - original carnage?
IMG_2795.JPG

Upvote 0

Latest posts